Boone County 92 Ryle 67

Now that I have let off a little steam let me say this; Boone County's game plan and execution last night was as good as it gets in High School Basketball. Congratulations and I hope we meet in the Region for the Championship.

Shock...you should stop this my friend. The refs...come on! I watched the Ryle player beat Syd up and got away with a lot of unnecessary stuff. I'm familiar with it because I had to watch the same "junk" when my Daughter played'em and they got away with it. My Daughter would get text messages after those games apologizing for doing some of those things and why they did it. I know "exactly" where it comes from, but it's neither here nor there because it fired her up...seems to do the same for Ms Moss ;)

Bottom-line...Ryle went with the same game-plan as the last match-up and it didn't work. The problem is they were 100% committed to Plan "A", which BC was prepared for, and they had no Plan "B".

The last match-up would have been completely different if Browning knocks down a couple of those early 3's, Jones would have taken her lay-ups when she penetrated instead of over-passing, and if they could have adjusted to take away the right side dribble-drive. In that game, Boone didn't have a Plan "B" and they paid the price.

You are very well aware that I adore your Niece so this is by no means criticism. She comes into these big games and is so jacked-up. If she starts strong "look out", but if she doesn't she lets mistakes snowball. Her fouls were legitimate and, in fact, she got away with a couple. She is so athletic/aggressive and it's a strength, but she must learn to dial it down a few notches when she is in foul trouble because her team needs her on the floor. Too many of her fouls aren't necessary...1) if ya have 3 fouls and get beat, let the girl have the layup 2) when the girl launches a 3, don't knock her into the stands after the shot 3) if a 6' center is trotting down the floor, don't run over her...In college, it won't hurt because talent comes off the bench to replace her, but in HS, no one comes off the bench with her level of talent so she must be discipline. Patti had to put her on the floor with the fouls because the game was getting away and she hoped to stop the bleeding, but she played as if she had no fouls. In fairness, she has something that can't be taught and it will be effective, and desired, at the next level...however, in HS that aggressive play sticks out like a sore thumb and she needs to be able to adjust on the fly to the way the game is being called regardless of her style and how she wants to play.

My gut is telling me there won't be a rematch. If so, I'll stick with my prediction from the beginning.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could call a foul every time down the floor if you wanted to. she gets penalized for aggressive play while Boone's same style of play gets overlooked. I just would really like the refs to stay in the background where they belong and let 2 physical teams play the game.

Refs are always blamed when Ryle loses! Boone didn't blame the refs when they lost by 10 to Ryle in the regular season. The big difference in both Ryle and Boone are the coaching staff! Ryle has alot of good players but does not have the coaching staff to take them to the BIG SHOW! The players at Ryle will regroup and come to play at NKU; however they won't be going to the Sweet 16!

I watched the Ryle player beat Syd up and got away with a lot of unnecessary stuff.

Moss got pushed on and her jersey and shorts held all night long and it never got called. Not sure of the total fouls called but I would think it was pretty even. Great job by Nash, Jones and Browning. Moss played great and doesn't get upset when things don't go her way, she just keeps on playing hard. Cheeseman and Jump both had a good game for Ryle. I do hope there is a game 3, it's great to watch these 2 teams play.

Here we go with the shots at the coaching staff. I think it is sad and shows no class. It never fails on here. Nothing is ever said about the coaching at other schools that Boone beats. It gets old. Boone played a great game and deserves alot of praise. They are definitely heavy favorites to win another region. They also have one of the best players in the country in my opinion. She is a special player. New season begins Monday.

Tom Freppon is one of the top officials in the 9th Region. This might be hard to believe, but I'm pretty sure that the way the game is called is determined by the girls and not someone's uncle!!!

I have watched a lot of high school ball, Freppon is as good as there is in the 9th or 10th. Sometimes teams are just out played and out executed, sounds like that's what happened here.

Like I said earlier, everyone has an opinion on refs. I stand by what I posted. Freppon is not my favorite, obviously. Cole is the worlds worst, IMO. Last year Ryle played NCC at Ryle and guess who one of the refs was? Ryle won but for Freppon to ref a game involving his alma mater is pretty lame. I am NOT blaming the referees for Ryle's loss. It was a physical game both ways. If you are going to call it tight then Crittendon, Johnson, Nash and Moss would have all fouled out in the 1st half.

On to the Regions. We'll see you there my friends and Good Luck!

Like I said earlier, everyone has an opinion on refs. I stand by what I posted. Freppon is not my favorite, obviously. Cole is the worlds worst, IMO. Last year Ryle played NCC at Ryle and guess who one of the refs was? Ryle won but for Freppon to ref a game involving his alma mater is pretty lame. !

Happens all of the time in NKY and the coaches never seem to care.

So you'd pass on Tim O'Hara officiating a NCC/Ryle game just because he's a former Bred?

No way do I think the refs cost Ryle the game. Boone was on last night and did everything right. I just get perturbed when the men in stripes get in the way of the game. I've kept my mouth shut most of the season on the officiating but it is at it's lowest level in the 9th Region and not just with Ryle.

I wasn't at this game so I can't comment on the officiating. However, why doesn't Ryle's coach just stratch Freppon. I would stratch him along with Bob Burkhart.

I wasn't at this game so I can't comment on the officiating. However, why doesn't Ryle's coach just stratch Freppon. I would stratch him along with Bob Burkhart.

If it's that obvious that he "has it out" for a program then yep, I agree the coach should scratch him.

Like I said earlier, everyone has an opinion on refs. I stand by what I posted. Freppon is not my favorite, obviously. Cole is the worlds worst, IMO. Last year Ryle played NCC at Ryle and guess who one of the refs was? Ryle won but for Freppon to ref a game involving his alma mater is pretty lame. I am NOT blaming the referees for Ryle's loss. It was a physical game both ways. If you are going to call it tight then Crittendon, Johnson, Nash and Moss would have all fouled out in the 1st half.

On to the Regions. We'll see you there my friends and Good Luck!

I don't think either match-up this season was called "tight". But, you are right, it's subjective and opinions fly typically based on the outcome of the game.