Boone County 92 Ryle 67

If the point of the previous post was to say that Ryle should have been giving hugs I'm going to have to go with jumpball on this one. As long as they were respectful that's all you can expect.
bballer11 is trying to make something ugly that was not.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now ,now Crunch you and most of the Boone fans here usually can't wait to hear what I have to say next! Hahahahaha!

I don't have to wait for your posts since they are predictable. 1) Ryle's being disrespected 2) Ryle shot "lights out"...when they win 3) refs refs refs...when they lose. Everything else is jibberish! :)

Just having fun with ya. Without a doubt you wear your team on your sleeve and love your conflict. Your same top players have basically been playing together for 4-5yrs and there used to be quite a few Ryle fans on here. Now, it's just you and the occasional "kind/wisdom" posts from Jumpball. You've driven your own fans away :)

I don't have to wait for your posts since they are predictable. 1) Ryle's being disrespected 2) Ryle shot "lights out"...when they win 3) refs refs refs...when they lose. Everything else is jibberish! :)

Just having fun with ya. Without a doubt you wear your team on your sleeve and love your conflict. Your same top players have basically been playing together for 4-5yrs and there used to be quite a few Ryle fans on here. Now, it's just you and the occasional "kind/wisdom" posts from Jumpball. You've driven your own fans away :)

I doubt that . We had a meeting before this season and I was elected to aggravate Boone County fans:)

I have not witnessed any poor sportsmanship by any of the girls teams this year. There's only one black cloud over Ryle this year during the regular season when 3 sections of fans booed Sydney Moss the entire game whenever she had the ball in her hands. The black cloud is over the Ryle administration though not the team. Ryle administration (AD and Principals) thought this was appropiate. Apparently the Board of Education stepped in before the district game to teach Ryle administration whats right and wrong during high school sports.

I have not witnessed any poor sportsmanship by any of the girls teams this year. There's only one black cloud over Ryle this year during the regular season when 3 sections of fans booed Sydney Moss the entire game whenever she had the ball in her hands. The black cloud is over the Ryle administration though not the team. Ryle administration (AD and Principals) thought this was appropiate. Apparently the Board of Education stepped in before the district game to teach Ryle administration whats right and wrong during high school sports.

The student section tried to boo in the second game as well, but Syd/team very quickly put a stop to it when she/they "went off" and put it away early.

I need to learn to keep a lot of things I post to myself. No harm meant to anyone really. I am as passionate about my team as many of you are but I need to take a suggestion of WVFrank and take a deep breath after I type and hit the cancel button instead of send:)[/quote

Don't let people quell yout passion. I'm not a big believer in blaming refs for a loss. I am however abig believer in passion for ones team. So go ahdead and hit send ' just be ready to stand up for what you post. The reffing can be inconsistant anywhere the girls must adjust to the way a ref calls the game. It is probably best to assume it will be called tight at the beginning so you don't end up with 2 or 3 quick fouls. Then as thbe game gets into the flow if they are letting them play then you can amp up your game. It is better than starting out physical and finding out they are calling it tight and you are sadddled withe 3 fouls in the first half and have to play tenative the rest of the way anyway. This can be hard to do for some players, my daughter knew only one way to play and that was to mix it up and put her body on some one. my fault probably it was the only way i knew how to tell her to do it.

That's right Shock, remember sometimes silence is golden! Maybe I can assist you here. . .

Really, bballer? I take it you expected Ryle to be all hugs and kisses 2 minutes after the "thumping" they had just received from their biggest rival? I did not see ANY poor sportmanship from any of the girls on the floor that night! Ryle looked stunned and depressed as one would expect from a state top 10 team upon losing their chance at cutting down some nets for their district. I would imagine it is painful be on the receiving end of such an amazing performance from a former team mate, too!

BC girls had the advantage of just winning the game, while Conner and Cooper ladies had no expectation of winning their games which were 48 hours earlier. No wonder they were being good sportsman! I saw Cheeseman and Johnson step up, take their awards, shake hands and pose for a pic. The rest of the team clapped. Can you really expect more under the circumstances?

Well said. When you have no expectations of winning it is easier to except defeat. Especially 48 hours later.

Here we go with the shots at the coaching staff. I think it is sad and shows no class. It never fails on here. Nothing is ever said about the coaching at other schools that Boone beats. It gets old. Boone played a great game and deserves alot of praise. They are definitely heavy favorites to win another region. They also have one of the best players in the country in my opinion. She is a special player. New season begins Monday.[/QUO

What else could it be if you have 4 D1 players?

Here we go with the shots at the coaching staff. I think it is sad and shows no class. It never fails on here. Nothing is ever said about the coaching at other schools that Boone beats. It gets old. Boone played a great game and deserves alot of praise. They are definitely heavy favorites to win another region. They also have one of the best players in the country in my opinion. She is a special player. New season begins Monday.[/QUO

What else could it be if you have 4 D1 players?

Poor shot selection, failure to follow game plan, poor defense, failure to step up in the big game, outside player drama which causes distractions and lack of focus. It happens. It happens to the best of teams at the high school, college and professional levels and has nothing to do with the coach. D-1 potential does not always equate to success.