Madison Southern job not posted...why?

BIG_BALLIN

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Craig Yeast currently coach?

Offensive coordinator at Washington County. I believe he held the same position at Marion County the year before. He was also an assistant at Lincoln County to begin his coaching career. I believe he lives in Danville.

I was told by the booster president last night that Madison Southern will have a coach by Tuesday at the earliest but looking more like Friday is when it will be announced. Nobody but the principal David Gilliam has any real clue what direction they are going contrary to what is being posted. The job has been offered to Lawerence Co's head coach, but he has niether accepted or declined the job as of Saturday.

Lawrence's Head Coach? Really? Very interesting. Seems problems follow him. His teams are .........well we should say out of control.
Sarr...not sure if you are thinking of the same Lawrence County Head coach...Salmon was coach of the year in Kentucky last year...taking a team that went 0-10 his first year to 12-1 his second. Really impressive in my opinion. I've heard nothing but great things about him. He would be a knock out hire if they could get him. Good luck to MS on whoever they get.

Lawrence's Head Coach? Really? Very interesting. Seems problems follow him. His teams are .........well we should say out of control.

That's a very blanket statement about somebody you don't know. I've coached 12 years and he is one of the best guys I've ever been around. He cares for his kids away from football better than anybody I've ever been around. The year LC had the turnaround they had been beaten into the ground for almost 4 years. 1 win in 2 years. It was a thin line of getting swagger back and out of control. 2 Sr's were ejected in the Reigional finals. The first on a bogus call and the 2nd when emotions ran high. Both with home lifes as tough as it gets. They acted out in the lockeroom when he wasn't around and embarresed the program. They know that and regret it 100%. The following off season he knew it wasn't the reputation he wanted around the LC program so he cleaned house of anything he thought was close to over the line including coaches.

This past year there was never one single problem or one single mistake repeated. I can assure you looking back everybody around LC was embarrassed of that incident and the one with Knox when the PA turned music on before Knox left the field. That doesn't define him though. He was embarrased and made sure nothing like that was an issue again by making tough decisions and letting friends go.

He would be a knockout hire if they get him. He was coach of the year in all classes for goodness sakes lol. He also started Oline at Marshall when Leftwhich was there. He's had good offers every year so I don't know what he's going to do but I can tell you he's one of the best guys I've been around and will get the kids out of the hallways if he's there!

I was told by the booster president last night that Madison Southern will have a coach by Tuesday at the earliest but looking more like Friday is when it will be announced. Nobody but the principal David Gilliam has any real clue what direction they are going contrary to what is being posted. The job has been offered to Lawerence Co's head coach, but he has niether accepted or declined the job as of Saturday.

You have no clue what you are saying. All of your facts are based on gossip. When Mr. Gilliam has a new coach signed he will let everyone know. Several coaches are still in the running. A decision has not been made.

You have no clue what you are saying. All of your facts are based on gossip. When Mr. Gilliam has a new coach signed he will let everyone know. Several coaches are still in the running. A decision has not been made.

Southern fan,

As a matter of fact it is true. I did not say he was the coach, I said the job was offered to him and that he hasn't accepted or declined. You are right that several coaches are still in the running because Coach Salmons hasn't made up his mind. Craig Yeast, Fred Hoskins, two other coaches were in the building last week, and I was told by the boosters that one maybe two more would be talked to today because Salmons has not made his decision. So please do not accuse me of things that I know are true. Mr. Gilliam himself has not told me a thing, but several boosters including the booster president have told me certain things. I have not posted anything that was false unless the information I have been given is false, and I trust those people who told me this. If you know something we don't by all means share it. Part of the problem is that people think Southern is the Dallas Cowboys and that outside of Madison Co. people could care less about what is going on here. So if somebody shares information what does it hurt that it gets put on this message board? Point being, if I hear something from somebody within the program then I'll take it as true. Again from within the program you are a fan of people who I believe are saying this, so I will post it. As a matter of fact I asked Mr. Gilliam at the basketball game last week and he looked shocked when I asked him about Salmons and he did not confirm or deny that. So that tells me that people within this hiring process are telling things that Mr. Gilliam did not want out in the first place. It's a job hired within the public school system, so people like me who have a son in the school should be allowed to know who is being interviewed. I'm not saying that my two cents should be considered on who to hire, but the candidates for the job can and should be told to parents of posible players just to get an idea and make the community apart of the process something Madison Southern has never done even when I played there almost 20 years ago. If you did not like what I typed on here, then ask GURU for your money back, don't respond on here, and don't get upset when you read somthing that is contrary to what yo uhave heard. Southern fan I like you because you are a Southern fan, but if you know something we all don't then either please post it, or do not respond by calling me a liar. I hope Madison Southern the best, and that my son comes back to play, but I do have a clue what I'm saying and I'll ask David Gilliam again tonight at the basketball game against Woodford Co.

GO EAGLES!!!

Ok BIG BALLIN. First you said Pulaski co. coach, then Rowan, then Paul Raines, then someone out of state, then David Hensley, then Hoskins, And finally Salmons. No one believes your gossip anymore. You are just causing trouble. If you are a true fan, then shut up and support the program with positive and true statements! The only one that knows is the man doing the hiring.

Ok BIG BALLIN. First you said Pulaski co. coach, then Rowan, then Paul Raines, then someone out of state, then David Hensley, then Hoskins, And finally Salmons. No one believes your gossip anymore. You are just causing trouble. If you are a true fan, then shut up and support the program with positive and true statements! The only one that knows is the man doing the hiring.

Southern fan,

The Pulaski Coach was contacted and declined. Paul Rains and David Hensley did apply for the job but never got an interview and both were interested. That came from three coaches who are in the building right now. Salmons has been offered the job that came from the booster president. Craig Yeast and Fred Hoskins were in the building last week and that came from the booster president and the coaches in the building who talked to them, I spoke to all of them. So, Southern fan, again all of this is true information.

Southern fan,

The Pulaski Coach was contacted and declined. Paul Rains and David Hensley did apply for the job but never got an interview and both were interested. That came from three coaches who are in the building right now. Salmons has been offered the job that came from the booster president. Craig Yeast and Fred Hoskins were in the building last week and that came from the booster president and the coaches in the building who talked to them, I spoke to all of them. So, Southern fan, again all of this is true information.

I don't really have a dog in this fight...lol. But I think I may know the booster president, is his first name Bill?

Salmons would be start to stay in Lawrence Co. unless he wants to live closer to Richmond/Lexington. Lawrence is a better situation. Southern didn't have a lot this year. They will struggle for the next couple years. A good coach may have them back to competitive after those couple of years. If you want longevity I'd hire Fred Hoskins if you want a big name hire Craig Yeast, not sure that he will stick for a long time but it might get more kids out in the short term.