Bell County Coach Dudley Hilton Nearing All Time Wins Record

Hasbeen

I posted this a few minutes ago in the Bell Co./Knox Central thread but I've decided this should have it's own thread.

From Cincinnati.Com:

Heading into this weekend’s games, Bell County coach Dudley Hilton has 344 career victories — one shy of the former Newport Central Catholic coach’s record. Bell County should beat Knox Central in Friday’s Class 4A regional title game. (It already beat Knox Central once this year, 21-7.)

Schneider amassed his wins during 44 seasons at his alma mater. Hilton is in his 35th year as Bell County’s head coach.

Whether it comes this year or early next, that's a great career!:notworthy::thumb:

I know he's focused on the team goal of moving forward, but good luck to Coach Hilton this week.

Other active coaches who are close:

Philip Haywood, Belfry, 335 wins

Mike Glaser, St. X, 320 wins

Sam Harp, Danville, 308 wins

Ivan McGlone, Russell, 296 wins

Ironically, all of them are still alive in the playoffs.

I know he's focused on the team goal of moving forward, but good luck to Coach Hilton this week.

Other active coaches who are close:

Philip Haywood, Belfry, 335 wins

Mike Glaser, St. X, 320 wins

Sam Harp, Danville, 308 wins

Ivan McGlone, Russell, 296 wins

Ironically, all of them are still alive in the playoffs.

I don't believe that anyone will argue that this is a great class of coaches, many others in KY would love to have them.

I posted this a few minutes ago in the Bell Co./Knox Central thread but I've decided this should have it's own thread.

From Cincinnati.Com:

Heading into this weekend’s games, Bell County coach Dudley Hilton has 344 career victories — one shy of the former Newport Central Catholic coach’s record. Bell County should beat Knox Central in Friday’s Class 4A regional title game. (It already beat Knox Central once this year, 21-7.)

Schneider amassed his wins during 44 seasons at his alma mater. Hilton is in his 35th year as Bell County’s head coach.Whether it comes this year or early next, that's a great career!:notworthy::thumb:

Is Dudley in his 35th year as a head coach or in his 35th year as a coach at Bell Co? I'm pretty sure he coached at Bourbon County in the late 90's.

Is Dudley in his 35th year as a head coach or in his 35th year as a coach at Bell Co? I'm pretty sure he coached at Bourbon County in the late 90's.
35th year overall. He coached several years at Breathitt Co before coming to Bell, but not in the late 90s. Coach Holcomb has been at Breathitt since the early 90s at least and maybe even the late 80s. I'm guessing that Coach Hilton moved to Bell Co in around 1987 or so, somebody from Bell can probably set the record straight.

Coach Hilton also coached a couple of seasons at Bourbon County in the mid 90s, where he won a state championship in Class AA before moving back to Bell County.

It is an impressive resume' for him and the Bobcats.

35th year overall. He coached several years at Breathitt Co before coming to Bell, but not in the late 90s. Coach Holcomb has been at Breathitt since the early 90s at least and maybe even the late 80s. I'm guessing that Coach Hilton moved to Bell Co in around 1987 or so, somebody from Bell can probably set the record straight.

Coach Hilton also coached a couple of seasons at Bourbon County in the mid 90s, where he won a state championship in Class AA before moving back to Bell County.

It is an impressive resume' for him and the Bobcats.

Remind me again why he went to Bourbon and then back to Bell after 2 years. Was there a reason!!!:sssh:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more support in this thread. I remember the thread when Coach Schneider was nearing this milestone, there were lots of congratulatory posts on the accomplishment from posters from all over the state.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more support in this thread. I remember the thread when Coach Schneider was nearing this milestone, there were lots of congratulatory posts on the accomplishment from posters from all over the state.

I'm suprised he didn't try to get this weeks game scheduled on thanksgiving day