Any changes in opinion?

lynks66

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not twisting your words. If the President was doing "what every wants a President to do", what would be the reasoning for not voting for them?

Not everyone wants the President to stick to what he/she says. I have been hoping against hope that Obama wouldn't stick to his promises, and while he's strayed in some areas, he's sadly stuck to what he said in many others.

First, yes you are. You are engaging in the same hyperbole that I mention in my post. You're presenting an extreme case and asking a question. I'm sorry, but that isn't even valid in trying to have a discussion.

You don't want Obama to stick to what he said because you don't agree with his policies. If you did, you'd want him to stick to them. It's that simple.

Thus, by trying to present an absurd scenario, you twisted my words.

Tell me Rockmom, whats the difference between Pelosi and McConnell? Initially they are saying the same thing? One is just which you agree with and the other is not? Correct me if I'm wrong?

I do not watch and listen to McConnell as much as I should. That said, I do know his stances on how big Government should be and where its place is. That is why I stand with him (even though I won't be able to vote for him any longer)

Sorry I missed this, marvel.

Frankly, there is no difference in McConnell & Pelosi, in terms of the amount of stubbornness they display. I really don't listen to Pelosi, because she's kind of out there, and I feel is a part of the problem. I honestly feel that with a more moderate Democrat in her position, people would feel differently about Obama.

I pay attention close to McConnell for a couple of reasons. I've actually voted for him in the past, including the last election. But he disappoints me greatly, not so much in his political views, but in his refusal to reach across the aisle.

I'm not terribly surprised that "the majority of Americans" aren't in favor of health care reform. After all, only 45 million (or whatever the number is these days) don't have coverage - that's what - 14 percent of the population? However, sometimes you have to do the right thing, not the popular thing.

While I am somewhat disappointed (FINALLY on track to leave Iraq; have no clue about Afghanistan); given the alternatives - yes, I'd vote for him again.

Frankly, there is no difference in McConnell & Pelosi, in terms of the amount of stubbornness they display. I really don't listen to Pelosi, because she's kind of out there, and I feel is a part of the problem. I honestly feel that with a more moderate Democrat in her position, people would feel differently about Obama.

I pay attention close to McConnell for a couple of reasons. I've actually voted for him in the past, including the last election. But he disappoints me greatly, not so much in his political views, but in his refusal to reach across the aisle.

You may have just caused a fairly sizable segment of the BGP membership to go into shock.

First, yes you are. You are engaging in the same hyperbole that I mention in my post. You're presenting an extreme case and asking a question. I'm sorry, but that isn't even valid in trying to have a discussion.

You don't want Obama to stick to what he said because you don't agree with his policies. If you did, you'd want him to stick to them. It's that simple.

Thus, by trying to present an absurd scenario, you twisted my words.

That's not true at all RM. You made a very blanket statement that all everyone wants a President to do is what they say they'll do.

This has zero to do with Obama. I'm simply trying to understand that statement. It seems to me that if what you said was actually the case that no matter what a candidates position on any issue was, as long as they accomplished what they said they were going to do, that should satisfy the voter, thus they should be willing to vote for them.

Now obviously, if you voted for a candidate the first time, and he followed through on most of his promises, you'd be likely to vote for him again, but if not, then why would him following through on his promises make you want to vote for them?

No biggie. I figured you just didn't see it.

Thanks!:thumb:

Yes, I've changed my mind. TV told me I should hope. Now TV tells me I should fear. I am afraid. :rolleyes:

In all honesty, nobody who's considering hopping from Democrat to Republican in this election should have been surprised by ANYTHING that's happened to this point. He's done exactly what he said he'd do. Now perhaps his liberal base should be a little upset considering he's been unable to do very much on issues such as gay rights. But truthfully, if you voted for him and have somehow been surprised by what these last two years have been like... I have to wonder whether you were paying attention.