Any changes in opinion?

lynks66

As for opinion on Obama 2 years later - as Denny Green said of another team from Chicago - 'they are who we thought they were'.

Young, inexperienced, untested and surrounded and influenced by extreme left-wing, large-government advisers.

This is sort of where I am. It is not intended as a slam against the President either. Anyone with a little research during his campaign realized he was a progressive and wanted to govern as such. While not all of his decisions have been nor will they be popular, he is sticking with a lot of his true core values.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sort of where I am. It is not intended as a slam against the President either. Anyone with a little research during his campaign realized he was a progressive and wanted to govern as such. While not all of his decisions have been nor will they be popular, he is sticking with a lot of his true core values.

Which, in my opinion, is actually what everyone wants a president to do. The issue in this forum (specifically) is that those core values don't reflect their own. I have no problem with people who disagree with the issues, his core values, his political progressiveness, etc. I have a problem with people who use hyperbole, name calling, etc, to express their dislike. It makes me beleive the person's objections are personal in nature, and not objective.

Which, in my opinion, is actually what everyone wants a president to do. The issue in this forum (specifically) is that those core values don't reflect their own. I have no problem with people who disagree with the issues, his core values, his political progressiveness, etc. I have a problem with people who use hyperbole, name calling, etc, to express their dislike. It makes me beleive the person's objections are personal in nature, and not objective.

So you'd have no problem voting for a president the second time around if he had run on a platform to remove Iraq from the planet, end social security, and give large tax breaks to corporations, and delivered on those promises?

So you'd have no problem voting for a president the second time around if he had run on a platform to remove Iraq from the planet, end social security, and give large tax breaks to corporations, and delivered on those promises?

Well, I wouldn't have voted for that president the first time, let alone a second time.

Well, I wouldn't have voted for that president the first time, let alone a second time.

Right, but why not the second time? He's kept his promises, which is what you said Obama's done. Who cares if it's good or bad for the country, as long as he's done what he said he was going to?

Right, but why not the second time? He's kept his promises, which is what you said Obama's done. Who cares if it's good or bad for the country, as long as he's done what he said he was going to?

You miss the point. He has done what he said he was going to do and that is what I wanted him to do. What he has done has been good for the country.

You miss the point. He has done what he said he was going to do and that is what I wanted him to do. What he has done has been good for the country.

Thankfully, there are many people in this country that realize he has done the opposite of what is good for this country. Personally, since we are giving opinions, I prefer that the President of the United States acts like a citizen of the US, and not like a citizen of the world. Why would we want our President to put world interest over the interest of the United States. Why would we want our President to be an apologist? On the home front, why would we want increased government involvement and control when it has been proven to fail time and again around the world?

You said that everyone wants the President to do what he promises to do. If that's the case, and he does so, regardless of whether those actions are good or bad, you should have no problem voting for him when he's up for re-election.

You are twisting my words. Everyone in this forum paints Obama as NOT doing what he promised in his campaign. That's not true.

You are twisting my words. Everyone in this forum paints Obama as NOT doing what he promised in his campaign. That's not true.

I'm not twisting your words. If the President was doing "what every wants a President to do", what would be the reasoning for not voting for them?

Not everyone wants the President to stick to what he/she says. I have been hoping against hope that Obama wouldn't stick to his promises, and while he's strayed in some areas, he's sadly stuck to what he said in many others.