Hartline

Wildcat Dad

UK football is too pathetic to do anything but pity. But what's even more pathetic is that the Music City Bowl and similar low-rent bowls are just peachy-keen for the fan base, and that there is little demand for the program to take the necessary steps to be something more than a bottom-feeder in a good conference.

The fact that you spend more time on here talking about UK than most UK fans says a lot more about you than it does the level of their sports programs and that to me is a fact.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UK football is too pathetic to do anything but pity. But what's even more pathetic is that the Music City Bowl and similar low-rent bowls are just peachy-keen for the fan base, and that there is little demand for the program to take the necessary steps to be something more than a bottom-feeder in a good conference.

Should we call in and demand "Richie gets more playing time"? Are UK fans too vocal or not vocal enough, I get confused on here sometimes. How many schools have fans that control their schedules? Ill hang up and listen to your response, thanks for taking my call, GO CATS!

The fact that you spend more time on here talking about UK than most UK fans says a lot more about you than it does the level of their sports programs and that to me is a fact.

I live in Kentucky. I like sports. If you can't talk about the home team, there ain't much to talk about. There's no cryptic mystery about it, as you suggest.

Should we call in and demand "Richie gets more playing time"? Are UK fans too vocal or not vocal enough, I get confused on here sometimes. How many schools have fans that control their schedules? Ill hang up and listen to your response, thanks for taking my call, GO CATS!

I think UK football fans are vocal in their satisfaction with mediocrity or worse. That most of the Wildcat fans Scribe and I (and a handful of others) have been going back and forth with on this issue see no need to challenge UK football to achieve something more certainly confirms this in my mind.

I live in Kentucky. I like sports. If you can't talk about the home team, there ain't much to talk about. There's no cryptic mystery about it, as you suggest.

I live in Tennessee. I love sports. I could care less what anyone on a UT board talks about. I'd rather spend my time talking with fans of MY team instead of trying to push peoples buttons and dog their favorite team. It certainly isn't a mystery.

I think UK football fans are vocal in their satisfaction with mediocrity or worse. That most of the Wildcat fans Scribe and I (and a handful of others) have been going back and forth with on this issue see no need to challenge UK football to achieve something more certainly confirms this in my mind.

Or like my wonderfull grandmother used to say...there is more than one way to skin a cat. There are many UK fans that agree with you and many that don't on the scheduling issue. There are many non UK fans that agree and many that don't. Either way, there is no proven fact that one is correct. You just can't admit that for some reason. I haven't looked it up and have no idea of the answer...but I wonder what Kansas State's football schedule was like back in the day when they made their move above mediocrity. I'm sure someone will take the time to look it up, and it may be that they played an amazing non conf. schedule...I really don't remember. I just get amused that people think their opinion is the only one that has any validity.

I think a big problem and reason you are receiving so much back lash is that you are leaving no wiggle room in your "theory", if you want to call it that. The premise of your argument is that you are going to schedule up and be the best. Or you want to schedule nobody and hang out at Tootsies each December 29th. The in-between crowd, which I think who you are mostly arguing with would like to see more formidable opponents but UK is still struggling with depth. The only team who consistently has a worse recruiting class than Kentucky in the SEC is Vanderbilt. And most would say Vandy has gone out of there way to schedule the likes of Michigan and other OOC foes in recent years. We all see where that has gotten them. I am not saying it would have made a bit of a difference, but there is a line of reality somewhere. The reason I said what I said in post #7 was to point out how outlandish it is to be so black and white about this issue. To me, Kentucky has not proven they can even handle the mid-majors of the world. We can not deduct much from this season's OOC schedule, but in recent years they have had closer than expected games with some teams they should be dominating.

I think a big problem and reason you are receiving so much back lash is that you are leaving no wiggle room in your "theory", if you want to call it that. The premise of your argument is that you are going to schedule up and be the best. Or you want to schedule nobody and hang out at Tootsies each December 29th. The in-between crowd, which I think who you are mostly arguing with would like to see more formidable opponents but UK is still struggling with depth. The only team who consistently has a worse recruiting class than Kentucky in the SEC is Vanderbilt. And most would say Vandy has gone out of there way to schedule the likes of Michigan and other OOC foes in recent years. We all see where that has gotten them. I am not saying it would have made a bit of a difference, but there is a line of reality somewhere. The reason I said what I said in post #7 was to point out how outlandish it is to be so black and white about this issue. To me, Kentucky has not proven they can even handle the mid-majors of the world. We can not deduct much from this season's OOC schedule, but in recent years they have had closer than expected games with some teams they should be dominating.

I must admit I love Tootsie's anytime of year...

I feel like UK is on the right course, if Joker can continue what Brooks began. When you play U of L and 8 SEC games, I don't see a big deal with lightening the schedule up a bit with the other 3 games. The conference is a grind, and I don't expect the Cardinals to be down forever. The schedule is fine.

Who is your team again? Please don't tell me that joke of a program on the other side of the state.

Most of us are just realistic, and can see UK isn't going to get that much better on a consistent basis any time soon. UK needs to continue to build their tradition, have winning/bowl seasons and consistently compete with most other teams in the SEC. Playing a team like Illinois, or a program from the joke Big East isn't going to help UK do anything in the SEC.

I think many forget how bad Hartline was a year or two ago. He has progressed nicely.

UK struggled against Florida and lost big, but it looked like they at least belonged on the field. Not sure if that makes sense? A lot of that credit goes to Hartline.

I feel like UK is on the right course, if Joker can continue what Brooks began. When you play U of L and 8 SEC games, I don't see a big deal with lightening the schedule up a bit with the other 3 games. The conference is a grind, and I don't expect the Cardinals to be down forever. The schedule is fine.

Yep. I agree 5. :thumb:

Most of us are just realistic, and can see UK isn't going to get that much better on a consistent basis any time soon. UK needs to continue to build their tradition, have winning/bowl seasons and consistently compete with most other teams in the SEC. Playing a team like Illinois, or a program from the joke Big East isn't going to help UK do anything in the SEC.

I think we all need to remember Mr. Schue's argument come basketball season when we're all crazy because we expect UK to be in the Final Four every year. When we have high expectations we're crazy and unrealistic, when we have lower expectations we're satisfied with mediocrity.

No matter what season it is though, Mr. Schue is a hater.

I think we all need to remember Mr. Schue's argument come basketball season when we're all crazy because we expect UK to be in the Final Four every year. When we have high expectations we're crazy and unrealistic, when we have lower expectations we're satisfied with mediocrity.

No matter what season it is though, Mr. Schue is a hater.

During football season, we're scared, unambitious and satisfied with mediocrity because we don't demand more from a football program that has posted 8 winning seasons in my lifetime.

However, when basketball season rolls around, we make the transformation, similar to Jekyll and Hyde, to irrational and unrealistic for expecting a basketball program with 7 national championship banners to consistently be among the elite teams in the nation.

If nothing else, its consistently inconsistent.