Hartline

Wildcat Dad

Congrats to Mr. Hartline. Heck, I know I was never a big fan. But wow, he's having a awesome season. His decision making has improved leaps and bounds. The receivers have finally picked it up too. Great job.:thumb:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was as wrong about Hartline as anyone but let's not act like there wasn't plenty of reason to be down on him.

That said his performance against SC this weekend was as good as any UK QB I have watched. His decision making under pressure was flawless. He made some of the best throws of his or anyone's career at UK and I hope he can continue this level of play. If he does and the D can play like they did in the second half UK has a shot at running the table agaisnt the remainder of thier schedule. I won't hold my breath for that because they are famous of coming out flat after big wins but who knows.

I was as wrong about Hartline as anyone but let's not act like there wasn't plenty of reason to be down on him.

That said his performance against SC this weekend was as good as any UK QB I have watched. His decision making under pressure was flawless. He made some of the best throws of his or anyone's career at UK and I hope he can continue this level of play. If he does and the D can play like they did in the second half UK has a shot at running the table agaisnt the remainder of thier schedule. I won't hold my breath for that because they are famous of coming out flat after big wins but who knows.

This is very true. I am surprised he came out of it. There was a factual basis for the negative opinion. But the 180 degree turn and against such competition. Like I said, the crow tastes good. In fact, I will be glad to eat more of it.

The "getting down on him" is one thing. The utter hatred and total negative comments from people that have never watched a game film, never watched the line breakdowns or the WR bad routes are what's so ridiculous. The play in practice, the grasp of the offense....it just seems like fans always think they know better, they don't. I was down on him too, but never once IMO should a fan assume they know who should be starting over what the coach thinks.

The "getting down on him" is one thing. The utter hatred and total negative comments from people that have never watched a game film, never watched the line breakdowns or the WR bad routes are what's so ridiculous. The play in practice, the grasp of the offense....it just seems like fans always think they know better, they don't. I was down on him too, but never once IMO should a fan assume they know who should be starting over what the coach thinks.

I agree completely. Honest or constructive criticism and conversation is entirely different than the hatred and bashing that some of these kids recieve.