Everything posted by nkysoftball
-
Scrimmages today
Ryle at Simon Kenton 5 O'Clock
-
Estill County 2018
Who is your new coach and their background?
-
Thoughts on pre-season top 25 Softball teams and top five players???
golf9287 what are your thoughts on moving to the 8th?
-
Krohman breaks Simon Kenton home run records
Freshman Macy Krohman broke the Simon Kenton career home run mark on Thursday with her 13th career home run and took the single season mark on Friday with her 8th of the year. She is currently hitting .694 with 8 hr, 24 rbi and 15 walks(8 intentional) through 14 games.
-
Notre Dame/Dixie Heights (9th Region Championship) predictions
I thought Dixie was the best Northern Kentucky team I saw this year.
-
Leslie County 15 Letcher County Central 14
Highlights were on wymt out of Hazard. Last run scored on a bad throw after tying run had scored. LCC looked as if they were totally stunned.
-
Grant County 7 Williamstown 5
(32nd district semis) Grant vs SK finals tonight @ 5:30.
-
Simon Kenton 11 Grant County 1
2 Home run night for Haley Perry.
-
Highlands 12 Simon Kenton 0
I believe he does say that in the last sentence.
-
Highlands 12 Simon Kenton 0
I don't believe this is true. Before last year I can only think of a handful of middle school girls that started at SK and they were exceptional players.
-
Anderson County vs Highlands Predictions
Probably the best team Highlands has ever played. Winning this game would make Highlands a legitimate top 10 team. The catcher is the best power hitter to come out of the state.
-
Highlands 12 Simon Kenton 0
Got that number from SK scorekeeper. My guess would be 7 ROE and the other 4 came on extra bases given up.
-
Highlands 12 Simon Kenton 0
I know that is supposed to be a compliment, but SK is not inexperienced. Every player on the field for SK was a starter last year. Just no excuse for 11 errors in a game.
-
All America game in Colorado
It must be quite a treat to see that kind of athletes playing on a weekly basis.
-
All America game in Colorado
Tuned in to this 18-u all-star game from Colorado to see if a player or 2 from the Sluggers were playing, 3rd batter of the game Gallatin Counties Hannah Dossett. She singled and made a nice play at the plate later in the game. Those were some solid high school athletes.
-
Facemask & Bows
I stand corrected!! I want to be clear, I am not against the facemasks what I am against is the requirement to wear them, especially outfielders.
-
Facemask & Bows
Indiana High School Championship game on Fox sports. No facemasks.
-
Any thoughs on how to improve the NKY Jr/Sr All-Star games
The biggest problem from an organization standpoint is the kids not showing up or not showing up in a timely manner. I personally can not for the life of me understand why someone would commit to the game and not show up. The coaches did get a roster with preferred positions and 20+ committed players to try to set a lineup and rotation for subs, when half a dozen or more of the players don't show up then it becomes....OK who can play 3rd?
-
Facemask & Bows
I would think that a baseball corner moving up to 50 to 60 feet would be similar to 30 for softball. Are you saying girls just don't have the reaction time and skills to protect themselves like the guys? We went through this same type discussion a few years back when metal spikes were legalized, I still haven't seen the disasters that it was supposed to cause. I know I might be coming off as a little insensitive, but I sure would like to see our girls as a whole get a little tougher.
-
Facemask & Bows
Redtruck, were there any more in the Senior game? Softball and Baseball differ with the corners as well. The 1st and 3rd basemen are asked to play uncomfortably close to the batters in bunt situations.
-
Facemask & Bows
I was curious to see how many would be wearing masks at the all-star game last night. I did not see the Senior game, but in the Junior game it was none. My thought is by high school girls should have the skills to protect themselves against being hit by a line-drive, with the exception of the pitcher because she is in a more vulnerable position after releasing the ball. I would never tell any parent or kid not to wear one but at the same time I don't think it is a coaches place to tell a kid they have to wear one. Go tell someone involved with baseball that you are requiring your outfielders to wear facemasks and see the response you get. Girls sports have always had an uphill struggle and these type things just add fuel to the fire.
-
Prayers for the Perry sisters from Simon Kenton
Update: Hannah was released from the hospital last night, she is dealing with back issues and will be seeing an orthopedic specialist soon. Haley is still being held for observation, her issues are head and face related, she may be able to leave the hospital today. The Perry family as well as the Simon Kenton family want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.
-
8th Region Bracket
10:00 Oldham Co vs. Grant Co 12:00 Anderson Co vs. Owen Co 2:00 Collins vs. Henry Co 4:00 Simon Kenton vs. North Oldham @ Simon Kenton High School
-
NKCA Banquet
Very will done Chris.
-
Ranking the 8th Region
Region is definitely south loaded. Could be 3 straight days of 3 hour round trip bus rides.