Hartline

Wildcat Dad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is quite bad, I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt starting the season but his play against Florida has been horrendous to watch. He is making mistakes that pee wee QB's don't even make. This was his chance and he failed miserably, come out of halftime using QB by committee and let Hartline ride the pine.

Those two throws were horrible, real horrible actually. However, he has looked decent other than that. If you think Newton would actually do better against this Florida D you would be very wrong. Newton didn't even rack up the passing yards in his starts last year, given he was a freshman then, he still wouldn't be able to do it against Florida none the less.

Did I almost have a freak out on the pick six that was thrown right into the arms of a Florida player, yes. Did I think it was a bad decision trying to get the ball into coverage earlier and throw a pick right to the defender while already in deep Florida territory, yes. BUT, even though it should be 14-7 right now instead of 21-7, Hartline is still the guy right now to lead this offense in this situation. Newton or Mossakowski isn't going to give you anything that Hartline isn't.

It might have helped Hartline to have faced a decent team before today. None of the other guys would have done any better.

So can we assume Hartline is now due for greatness the rest of the season since he has now (this season) faced good competition?

KY just doesn't seem to have a legit QB on their roster. I would have definatly tried to get a spark with one of the other guys last night though.

I agree ; Refresh my memory and I may be wrong but wasn't Newton and Massaquoi either 4 or 5 star QBS. and the kid that that came from OHIO(Winford High school ) was suppose to be one of the top QBS in the state .

KY just doesn't seem to have a legit QB on their roster. I would have definatly tried to get a spark with one of the other guys last night though.

You have nothing to base that on. Joker went into super-conservative mode last year with Newton and we've NEVER watch Moss play yet.

If UK is simply playing for the Music City Bowl then maybe Hartline is the way to go. If they're trying to move up in the SEC over the next few years you have to go NOW with one of the two youngsters.