Tigers vs. Crimsons??? Who wins?? Why?

LSURock

I see a lot more improvement in the Tigers (especially in significant players returning from injury...and I mean a lot more than just Anderson) than I do the Crimsons, since their first meeting on 9/30. These are two VERY talented teams, and it is a REAL SHAME that they have to meet so early in the playoffs. :cool:

:fire: I like my LAMBIKINS well done, TIGERS!! :fire:

We'll see, we'll see. ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

X - 42

M - 21

X too fast, too strong, too well coached.

Manual fast and talented but play calling on both sides of the ball has been suspect the last 2 maybe even three years in big games. They have been the best team X has faced the last two years but seem to lose when faced with evenly matched or better perceived opposition. I have seen nothing this year to make me believe different.

Oh yeah,

St X 28

Manual 21

I'd rather play Manual, so I'm rooting for the Crimsons (no offense, Tiger faithful).

No offense (public/private split :fight: ) taken, good buddy. :lol:

By the way, good luck against John Hardin! :thumb:

Woods has really matured, and I think this team is starting to see that when they play their best ball, they CAN compete, and they CAN win. The players know it's on them to perform.

On the other hand, X has a lot to say about it. Manual is going to have to play a perfect game defensivly, and fix the SMALL errors that had in the first game on offense, to play with them.

X 20-35

Manual 14-24

I see a lot more improvement in the Tigers (especially in significant players returning from injury...and I mean a lot more than just Anderson) than I do the Crimsons, since their first meeting on 9/30. These are two VERY talented teams, and it is a REAL SHAME that they have to meet so early in the playoffs. :cool:

:fire: I like my LAMBIKINS well done, TIGERS!! :fire:

And what if I told you I thought Manual was holding back in that first half? (They straight up STUNK that 4th quarter.)

I stated in the other thread, X is the best team in the state, and Manual will have to play perfect to win this game . They'll have to play perfect from here on out to win ANY upcoming games. But especialy this one.

So being a homer, I see Manual making the points, and praying they contain Anderson for a...

Manual- 21

St. X-17

...win.

Nothing to lose.

X - 42

M - 21

X too fast, too strong, too well coached.

Manual fast and talented but play calling on both sides of the ball has been suspect the last 2 maybe even three years in big games. They have been the best team X has faced the last two years but seem to lose when faced with evenly matched or better perceived opposition. I have seen nothing this year to make me believe different.

where is all this talent everyone seems to say manual has the last couple of years? So you telling me that the d-line last year was not the best in the state? and that curly and anderson were not on the team? when i look at the two schools X has the talent more so then Manual? If you know football the line on both sides win games, and you cant tell me that year in and year out x doesnt have bigger and stronger lineman and more depth then any team that they face. Give me a 6'4 300 pound average line and a good qb and one real fast back, and I will give you manual's O-line (which the biggest kid is 6-2 250 and the smallest is 5'9 170) and with three fast backs and I will win 9 out 10 times. Why has X beat male, I guess Bobby is a average coach also. I bet he will be the 1st to tell you it is the line on both sides that make x so tuff. heck if anything manual staff is better then x's because they are able to compete with x with just three or four fast kids and average linemen. But like I said it takes someone that really knows football to be able to see that not just a fan with a grudge against another school's staff. Let glazier go to another school not a x and t and see how well he would compete against a team with thetalent x has. My guess he would be lucky to compete with the top schools, he can run the same stuff year in and year out because he knows he is always going to have the big ole boys up front and one real fast back. when other schools have to find systems that fit thier players year in and year out. So i dont think it is the coaching at all, heck the last game was it the coachs fault that the punter had a 6 yard punt and the next play the db that was supoose to be covering a man didnt, which led to a score. At most schools you cant take that kid out because he is 10x better then the guy behind him, so real coach's know that you have to live and die by that player, Would the coach love to say ok johnny messed up and there are 6 jonnies behind him choppen at the bitt you go out, yes, but then you are playing someone that you know for sure does not need to be out there. X can say ok johny messed up I got three seniors and 5 juniors and one heck of a talented soph. which do i choose. Was it the staff's fault that the punter then tries to run with the ball and gets tackled on his own 15 which led to the second score, which was aided by a penlty on 3 and 9 which gave x the 1st down. What are they suppose to do take those kids out, then that would be a disservice to the whole team, then I would say That was bad coaching. So if you are just a fan which probably you are I would except you to lash out at a school and its staff that plays X tuff every year with less talent. Some people need to go back to football 101. :scared: but you wont seeit like that, to you poor x is the underdog every time the face a team that has speed speed can only get you so far line is where it is at, and x has that wrapped up year in and year out hands down. so instead of bashing another staff learn from your mistake and commend Manuals staff. :eek:

where is all this talent everyone seems to say manual has the last couple of years? So you telling me that the d-line last year was not the best in the state? and that curly and anderson were not on the team? when i look at the two schools X has the talent more so then Manual? If you know football the line on both sides win games, and you cant tell me that year in and year out x doesnt have bigger and stronger lineman and more depth then any team that they face. Give me a 6'4 300 pound average line and a good qb and one real fast back, and I will give you manual's O-line (which the biggest kid is 6-2 250 and the smallest is 5'9 170) and with three fast backs and I will win 9 out 10 times. Why has X beat male, I guess Bobby is a average coach also. I bet he will be the 1st to tell you it is the line on both sides that make x so tuff. heck if anything manual staff is better then x's because they are able to compete with x with just three or four fast kids and average linemen. But like I said it takes someone that really knows football to be able to see that not just a fan with a grudge against another school's staff. Let glazier go to another school not a x and t and see how well he would compete against a team with thetalent x has. My guess he would be lucky to compete with the top schools, he can run the same stuff year in and year out because he knows he is always going to have the big ole boys up front and one real fast back. when other schools have to find systems that fit thier players year in and year out. So i dont think it is the coaching at all, heck the last game was it the coachs fault that the punter had a 6 yard punt and the next play the db that was supoose to be covering a man didnt, which led to a score. At most schools you cant take that kid out because he is 10x better then the guy behind him, so real coach's know that you have to live and die by that player, Would the coach love to say ok johnny messed up and there are 6 jonnies behind him choppen at the bitt you go out, yes, but then you are playing someone that you know for sure does not need to be out there. X can say ok johny messed up I got three seniors and 5 juniors and one heck of a talented soph. which do i choose. Was it the staff's fault that the punter then tries to run with the ball and gets tackled on his own 15 which led to the second score, which was aided by a penlty on 3 and 9 which gave x the 1st down. What are they suppose to do take those kids out, then that would be a disservice to the whole team, then I would say That was bad coaching. So if you are just a fan which probably you are I would except you to lash out at a school and its staff that plays X tuff every year with less talent. Some people need to go back to football 101. :scared: but you wont seeit like that, to you poor x is the underdog every time the face a team that has speed speed can only get you so far line is where it is at, and x has that wrapped up year in and year out hands down. so instead of bashing another staff learn from your mistake and commend Manuals staff. :eek:

While I appreciate your non-Manual bashing post, as it's refreshing, there are probably going to be a lot of things pointed out to you that will lead to FURTHER Manual bashing.

Glasier is a fine coach. I can't like him by default, but I definitely don't hate the man, and he's got a mad coaching skill, regardless of # of players. Heck, if he wasn't a great coach, why would half of those kids go to St. X when they'd start on another team?

But I do think Manuals coaches get too oft a bad rap. It wasn't Nichols or Whiter who snapped the ball at a totally unprepared Woods (and that's not eve really a bash to Geraci... it's the only mistake I've noticed from him all year. Just terrible timing). People talk about how Manual doesn't close the deal, and it does get frustrating, but if you look at what the other teams have done to win those games, then you understand. Look at who's ranked above Manual in the polls... each of those teams came up with some HUGE plays in heartstopping moments in the last minutes of each game that the players pulled off. So to say Manual can't close the deal is almost an insult to those other teams.

Manual closed the deal against PRP. They closed the deal against Meade. They CAN close the deal against X tomorrow, but it'll be a challenge that few could overcome. Even the Bobby Redmans Mighty (fe)Male couldn't do it.

I don't know, there are different perspectives, but that's one I thought I'd throw out there.