Frankfort 53 Paris 6

The Scribe

I heard that Paris is only dressing 15 players or so this year and came very close to shutting down the program. That really is terrible to hear, considering their history.

If only 15 players, you should shut down the program,just for safety reasons. If your passion is football at Paris, couldn't or wouldn't you transfer to Bourbon County or Nicholas County?

Good victory Panthers. Seen a lot of players step up. Sophomore Receiver, Junior Running-back. Need to hold on to the ball a little bit more #5, your talent is only as good as you make it, you are a play-maker and I see a bright future for you in the next few games.

Glad I got to see a lot of JV players get some time. Good Luck Panthers next week and same to the Greyhounds.

Paris. What can you say. Still hangin' in though! I feel for them! They have had some awesome years. But the last 20. Not so good.

Good point. From 1963-1994 Paris made the playoffs 17 times, won three state titles ('73, '81, '82), finished second once ('84), was 10-3-1 in regional finals, and was basically considered one of the five best Class A programs in the state. Since that time, however, the Greyhounds have only made the playoffs ten times, compiling a record of 2-10, with their wins coming in 1998 (surprise upset of Bardstown) and 2001 (romp over first-timer Covington Holy Cross).

I remember when Paris was one of the state's most feared small-school programs. I wonder ... when did Bourbon County start playing football? Could that program's development have had an adverse effect on Paris?

While Bourbon County never was much of a power in football (they didn't qualify for the playoffs until 1992), my records show they have been playing since at least 1962. Most likely the lack of numbers in the Paris Independent district is the biggest reason the Greyhounds have been slowed.

I remember when Paris was one of the state's most feared small-school programs. I wonder ... when did Bourbon County start playing football? Could that program's development have had an adverse effect on Paris?

The problem with Paris is administrative.