Obama: Uniter or Divider?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what I said? No, but put your own childish spin on it, if you want.

Yeah, I'm the childish one...:lol: That's clever.

You insinuated that those on the right refused to be united. It's tiring when so many people on both sides attribute traits that both share to solely one side. Believe me, I would've made the same post had it been said from the other side as well.

This is simply not true at all. One, they made all kinds of compromises on the big legislation they have passed - at the republicans behest and the republicans still chose to not support the legislation. Secondly, the democrats are not nearly as disciplined as the republicans when it comes to crossing party lines. I am sure there were some, but I would bet very few pieces of legisltation passed between 2000-2006 that did not have a decent number of democrats voting for it.

:lol: You kill me ace. Obama has yet to work with the Rep on any serious legislation. They may have kicked in a few things for the right in the health care bill but to say they gave worked with Rep is silly at best. Is telling McCain "you lost deal with it" the way the President is suppose to work with the other side. How about blaming the economic mess on the Rep and telling them to stay out of the way so he can fix it. Is that working with the other side and uniting? You can blame it on the right all you want but at the end of the day it's Obama who is the leader and the one responsible for uniting this country. He's the CEO of a company in disarray. That isn't middle management's fault. He hasn't the first clue of how to compromise and bring this country together.

Defensively??? Wow, P&R sure is sensitive these days. Both sides, Republicans and Democrats alike make me sick, so I have no "dog" in this fight, but think what you want.
I do think Obama has made some efforts at bipartisanship, but it sure doesn't look like anyone on the other side is willing to reciprocate.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. The point being neither party has shown much of a propensity to work across party lines, especially when it comes to voting. If party labels do not matter like they say, votes should be crossed over a lot more than they are.

Whether it makes me sleep better at night or not is irrelevant. The fact is, the republicans have exercised party discipline never seen by the democrats. I would like for you to show me ONE major piece of legislation enacted between 2000 and 2006 that did not have more than 2 democratic votes in the Senate. One piece of major legislation - war resolution, patriot act, no childe left behind?

Whether it makes me sleep better at night or not is irrelevant. The fact is, the republicans have exercised party discipline never seen by the democrats. I would like for you to show me ONE major piece of legislation enacted between 2000 and 2006 that did not have more than 2 democratic votes in the Senate. One piece of major legislation - war resolution, patriot act, no childe left behind?

Would you vote for something that was completely against your political beliefs?

Would you vote for something that was completely against your political beliefs?

Are you suggesting that all 41 of them have the exact same political beliefs on all of the major issues?

Still misses the point. The democrats have never done what they are doing. It is not about political beliefs it is about party loyalty and discipline.

Are you suggesting that all 41 of them have the exact same political beliefs on all of the major issues?

Still misses the point. The democrats have never done what they are doing. It is not about political beliefs it is about party loyalty and discipline.

You dodge questions better than anyone else on this site ace.

Whether or not they all have the same political beliefs is irrelevant. If I'm a Senator, and I believe that health care is a privilege and not a right, there's no way I'm voting for the health care bill to pass. I could care less what the rest of my fellow party members are doing. You say it's all party loyalty and discipline, and that most definitely is some of it, but to act like it's one sided is insane.

There probalby isn't any and for this reason. Bush had to have their support to pass anything. He didn't have the numbers the Dems have now. If Bush wanted anything to pass he had to work with the Dems and give them what they wanted. Obama doesn't have to give the Rep anything and for the most part he hasn't.

Yeah, I'm the childish one...:lol: That's clever.

You insinuated that those on the right refused to be united. It's tiring when so many people on both sides attribute traits that both share to solely one side. Believe me, I would've made the same post had it been said from the other side as well.

Yes, your statement was childish. You assumed that you knew exactly what I meant, which you did not. I never insinuated that ONLY those on the right refuse to be united. That was YOUR spin.