Obama: Uniter or Divider?

Yes, your statement was childish. You assumed that you knew exactly what I meant, which you did not. I never insinuated that ONLY those on the right refuse to be united. That was YOUR spin.

Says the person who takes every disagreement with their opinions as a personal or cheap shot...:lol: You really should look into stand up, you're too funny.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define united?

Was the left completely willing to trash their ideals to work with GWB? Why is it that now the onus is on the right to adjust their views?

I never put the onus on either side.

Too many (on both sides) are set in their "it's either one way or the other" mentality and refuse to budge. If one side wants A and the other wants B and someone proposes a middle stance of C, too many refuse to even consider it. A will complain that there is too much B in it and B will complain that there is not enough B in it. It is a mentality that divides us.

There probalby isn't any and for this reason. Bush had to have their support to pass anything. He didn't have the numbers the Dems have now. If Bush wanted anything to pass he had to work with the Dems and give them what they wanted. Obama doesn't have to give the Rep anything and for the most part he hasn't.

Which means, that if they had any party discipline or loyalty they could have filibustered everything, but it was not in their mind to make Bush a failure. They were more worried about the country.

As to the other post about Health Care - I can possibly, maybe, doubtfully understand that vote, but all 41 are against financial regulation, and all 41 are against UE insurance and all 41 are against, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Their goal is for President Obama to fail, regardless of whether or not they agree with the vote/policy. No way there are 41 homogenous people in the Senate elected from all over the country that vote exactly the same on every major piece of legislation.

I didn't dodge the question. You posed a hypothetical and implied that every vote the republicans took was in line with their political beliefs. I tore down your straw man and said that there is no way that all 41 of them can hold the exact same political belief on every issues.

Every vote they take is dead in line with their #1 political belief - President Obama must fail at all costs. That is the only political belief that they hold sacred.

I didn't dodge the question. You posed a hypothetical and implied that every vote the republicans took was in line with their political beliefs. I tore down your straw man and said that there is no way that all 41 of them can hold the exact same political belief on every issues.

Every vote they take is dead in line with their #1 political belief - President Obama must fail at all costs. That is the only political belief that they hold sacred.

:lol: No I didn't. I said, "you" as in one individual person. And you still won't answer the question. Typical.

Which means, that if they had any party discipline or loyalty they could have filibustered everything, but it was not in their mind to make Bush a failure. They were more worried about the country.

As to the other post about Health Care - I can possibly, maybe, doubtfully understand that vote, but all 41 are against financial regulation, and all 41 are against UE insurance and all 41 are against, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Their goal is for President Obama to fail, regardless of whether or not they agree with the vote/policy. No way there are 41 homogenous people in the Senate elected from all over the country that vote exactly the same on every major piece of legislation.

Again, Bush didn't have the numbers in the Senate to do what ever he felt like. He had to work with the Dem's in order to get anything passed. They didn't filibuster anything because they got what they wanted.

Did you stop to think that maybe they are against welfare...I mean UE insurance being extended because we're broke with no way to pay for it? As far as the banking regulations I would have to read more about it.

Again, Bush didn't have the numbers in the Senate to do what ever he felt like. He had to work with the Dem's in order to get anything passed. They didn't filibuster anything because they got what they wanted.

Did you stop to think that maybe they are against welfare...I mean UE insurance being extended because we're broke with no way to pay for it? As far as the banking regulations I would have to read more about it.

You really equate unemployment insurance with welfare?

:lol: You kill me ace. Obama has yet to work with the Rep on any serious legislation. They may have kicked in a few things for the right in the health care bill but to say they gave worked with Rep is silly at best. Is telling McCain "you lost deal with it" the way the President is suppose to work with the other side. How about blaming the economic mess on the Rep and telling them to stay out of the way so he can fix it. Is that working with the other side and uniting? You can blame it on the right all you want but at the end of the day it's Obama who is the leader and the one responsible for uniting this country. He's the CEO of a company in disarray. That isn't middle management's fault. He hasn't the first clue of how to compromise and bring this country together.

Could not agree more- well said!