Strasburg --- who is watching and what do you think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid pitched great and definitely lived up to expectation so far. We'll see if he can keep it up, but from what I've read his next projected starts are against the Indians and Orioles. When does he face some real bats? lol.

It would have been nice to see him face the Reds last week when their bats were still pretty hot. Could have been a real nice matchup.

Everyone keeps saying "he was playing the Pirates!"

Thats true, they are basically another AAA team. However, I am so impressed with his K:BB ratio. 14 K's and 0 BB. In a MLB debut, with ALL the hype Strasburg was receiving, and not give up a walk, that is very impressive.

I thought he out did the hype!!! Granted, that is only one game, but he looked good. Solid command of 4 pitches and that 7th inning had me pumped on my couch. Is ESPN making too much of a deal out of him...parlaying the hype? No doubt, but baseball needs it. There aren't many stars left and he has star power.

Hope the Yanks can buy him soon. Anyone remember David Clyde? Hope he does really well.

Sadly enough, they probably will. The days of stars playing out their careers in small-town markets is long gone, with the exception of maybe Joe "Well-Played" Mauer.

Sadly enough, they probably will. The days of stars playing out their careers in small-town markets is long gone, with the exception of maybe Joe "Well-Played" Mauer.

For that matter, the days of stars playing out their careers in any market is long gone. With the exception of the last of the '96 Yanks, I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

For that matter, the days of stars playing out their careers in any market is long gone. With the exception of the last of the '96 Yanks, I can't really think of any off the top of my head.

I was trying to think of someone as well and hasn't Chipper Jones been in Atlanta for his whole career?

I told friends before he started he is the best young pitcher I've seen since Clemmens. If he doesn't throw his arm out he has the tools to be elite for a long time. I'm pretty stoked I drafted him and Chapman in my money fantasy league. I've hung close to the top waiting for him to get the call. It's on now :)

Someone told me that from the time the game ended until the following morning Cleveland sold thousand of tickets online in anticipation of his next start.

No doubt. I suspect certain games with Washington will be sellouts for the rest of the season.