Strasburg --- who is watching and what do you think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this. I think he'll be good but I'm pretty sure Dontrelle Willis received quite a bit of hype once he got here and we see how that turned out after hitters learned him, which in some cases take a season or two.

If he can continue this for 2 to 3 seasons then I'll believe the hype, but not until.

Teams will adjust and we will see how he does over the course of the season. The hype is ridiculous and he can't do any better than what Mike Leake has done. What can you do, the media latches on to a story, they are going to strangle it death.

As nice as this was, let's also remember it was the Pirates. I'm sure that went into consideration when choosing his 1st start, Homer Bailey looks like a Cy Young contender when facing that team.

As nice as this was, let's also remember it was the Pirates. I'm sure that went into consideration when choosing his 1st start, Homer Bailey looks like a Cy Young contender when facing that team.

That is a definite. Not simply to make him look good, but it was also a box office move.

That is a definite. Not simply to make him look good, but it was also a box office move.

Agreed. Ain't nobody go to the old Navy Yard to watch Washington/Pittsburgh on a Tuesday night. Definitely was a good opportunity to get a good crowd on a bad night, and an opportunity for the kid to get off to a good start.