Elisha Justice Receives Scholarship from Louisville

It hard to have better than an All "A" State Title (with MVP)JV level competition, Regional Title (with MVP)JV level competition, Sweet 16 State Title (with MVP)one top 20 win against Ballard, Mr. Basketball Awardvery close vote, Gatorade Player of the Yearditto, and Scholarship from Louisville initial recruited as walk-on and received after player left.

Remember, it's just my opinion and no-one has to agree.

Let's hope all the kids have great college careers!:thumb:

UKYBBALL- IMO, Sewell(and Rico) are better than Justice and that's not going to change as I've seen them all play.

Congrats to Justice for the scholarship but I still think Sewell had the better season and is clearly the better player!

Is this sarcasm or do you really believe Sewell and Trinity had a better season than Justice and Shelby Valley? I don't think even Walter or passtheball would agree with that statement, maybe not though.

Remember, it's just my opinion and no-one has to agree.

Good for you because no one will agree... :thumb:

Not saying Justice is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's hard to argue (with facts) that many players have ever had a more successful season that Mr. Justice.

Not saying Justice is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's hard to argue (with facts) that many players have ever had a more successful season that Mr. Justice.

I would not say Justice is better than Sewell. Both are good players.

Justice had 3 teammates in Hatfield and the Newsomes that were all "redshirt" seniors, and Justice was also one. Besides Corbett and Epley, Sewell didn't have as much help. I also think Sewell has more potential to be a better college player because of his athleticism and size.

I would not say Justice is better than Sewell. Both are good players.

I didn't say that either. I'm talking about the "better season" that loubballfan referred to, and there is no need to debate that topic. :thumb:

Wrong Sir James.

Ricardo Johnson was named Region POY, Region Defensive POY, First team All State, and State Tourney MVP as a JUNIOR. If it weren't devoted to only seniors, an argument could also be made that Ricardo walks away with Mr. Basketball last year.

Pretty sure Jon Hood accomplished the same feats (Gatorade POY and Mr Basketball included) as well last year. It isn't as rare as you're making it sound.

So yes, there have been players that have had just as successful a season as Mr. Justice.

Again, Congrats to EJ.

Looking at Rivals.com Justice is a 3 star and Sewell is a no star.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Elisha-Justice-102297

I am not saying this to start some long arguement about who is better. I am simply saying that Justice signed a scholly with a Big East team and he was the only signee from Kentucky to sign Major D1

Wanna know how much Rivals rankings actually mean?

See Enes Kanter who wasn't even ranked at the beginning of the season but now is top 5.

Player rankings are the same as your local team rankings...just for chatter and debate. Can you honestly say a kid like Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, or Chad Jackson aren't one of the top 150 players in the country?

The way Ricardo had his way with Trae Golden and Jordan Sibert (both top 50) speaks for itself.

Sewell also had his way with Golden in the KOB.

Pittman held Jarnell Stokes (considered one of the top 10 players in c/o 2011) to single digit points and rebounds when Holmes played Memphis Central this past season and he also did the same to Dejuan Marrero when Holmes played Bowman Academy, IN.

Ask Gametime and he'll be the first to tell you both of those kids are big time, regardless of what class they're in.

Rivals and Scout rankings mean absolutely nothing. See Shelvin Mack or Preston Knowles as perfect examples why.

I think some of you are looking too much in to what a kid will be wearing across his chest to judge their talent.

If Justice had committed to say Rutgers or Depaul, both in the Big East, would you still be thumping your chest about where (conference) he was playing?

You sit here and downgrade this player and that player, but last I checked Ricardo Johnson's college choice was still playing when Louisville was sitting at home. :sssh:

There's way too much parity in college basketball today to consider anywhere a mid major. Those days are gone. See Ray McCallum committing to Detroit or Steph Curry at Davidson as a perfect example why. Heck, look no further than Shelvin Mack at Butler.

But I guess kids like Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson are having better careers because of where they committed to play...right?

I get so tired of the "my daddy can beat up your daddy" stuff.

The kid had a spectacular season THIS YEAR. If he could have done more. ALL-A title and MVP, not his fault he attends a small school; evidently the JV competition was enough to prime SV for a state title, regional title with MVP, not his fault the region as a whole was weak, one top 20 win against Ballard, who had beaten just about everyone this season, Mr. Basketball award, very close vote - horseshoes and hand grenades, Gatorade POY, ditto, scholarship from Louisville, CONGRATULATIONS!

I guess the kid didn't walk on water; that's about the only thing missing from the resume. I have no doubt that the other two young men getting the rest of the ink in this thread are wonderful high-school basketball players. However, one played on a team that couldn't get by a spectacularly average Male team in the first round of the regional tournament; and the other played on a team that lost by 26 to an All-A (JV competition) in their regional tournament.

Again, congratulations to Mr. Justice. I hope he does well. Similarly, I hope that the others mentioned in this thread are successful at the next level.:thumb:

I think some of you are looking too much in to what a kid will be wearing across his chest to judge their talent.

If Justice had committed to say Rutgers or Depaul, both in the Big East, would you still be thumping your chest about where (conference) he was playing?

You sit here and downgrade this player and that player, but last I checked Ricardo Johnson's college choice was still playing when Louisville was sitting at home. :sssh:

There's way too much parity in college basketball today to consider anywhere a mid major. Those days are gone. See Ray McCallum committing to Detroit or Steph Curry at Davidson as a perfect example why. Heck, look no further than Shelvin Mack at Butler.

But I guess kids like Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson are having better careers because of where they committed to play...right?

Everything is mute at this point except that Justice earned his scholarship. There's no need to tarnish a kids potential here. He aimmed for a scholly at UL and got it. Talent enough or not, Samuals leaving and Justice taking it or not, the kid did reach another goal.

Let things run their course now. The media talking heads like Bozich have already started taking shots at Justice. Lets not pile on.

Here's hoping he has CONTINUED SUCCESS.

Where was any player other than Justice downgraded in this thread?

Ricardo Johnson was named Region POY, Region Defensive POY, First team All State, and State Tourney MVP as a JUNIOR. If it weren't devoted to only seniors, an argument could also be made that Ricardo walks away with Mr. Basketball last year.

Johnson had alot of accomplishments that season... However, not equivalent to what Justice accomplished.

Pretty sure Jon Hood accomplished the same feats (Gatorade POY and Mr Basketball included) as well last year. It isn't as rare as you're making it sound.

Those two accomplishments... yes... All of the others... not even close.

Wanna know how much Rivals rankings actually mean?

See Enes Kanter who wasn't even ranked at the beginning of the season but now is top 5.

Player rankings are the same as your local team rankings...just for chatter and debate. Can you honestly say a kid like Josh Sewell, Ricardo Johnson, Elijah Pittman, or Chad Jackson aren't one of the top 150 players in the country?

The way Ricardo had his way with Trae Golden and Jordan Sibert (both top 50) speaks for itself.

Sewell also had his way with Golden in the KOB.

Pittman held Jarnell Stokes (considered one of the top 10 players in c/o 2011) to single digit points and rebounds when Holmes played Memphis Central this past season and he also did the same to Dejuan Marrero when Holmes played Bowman Academy, IN.

Ask Gametime and he'll be the first to tell you both of those kids are big time, regardless of what class they're in.

Rivals and Scout rankings mean absolutely nothing. See Shelvin Mack or Preston Knowles as perfect examples why.

I'll say it, the guys you mentioned probably aren't even in the neighborhood of the top 150 players in the country. Who are the going to play for again?:idunno: