April 6, 201016 yr Great game. Only thing that bugged me, and this isn't simply anti-Duke sentiment here at all, was the charge call under the basket when Scheyer slid over under Hayward. I hate that call and hope in the near future that they put the restricted area arc in the lane like the NBA. I agree. I hate the charge call that close to the basket............especially when it was obviously a block.:sssh:
April 6, 201016 yr I cannot get over how physical Butler plays. For the most part the refs let the kids play. The Scheyer block call was awful, but I thought overall they did a good job. Murray State gave Butler their toughest game until last night. Must mean Murray State was the third best team in the country Actually, Murray State and Butler are eerily similar basketball teams.
April 6, 201016 yr I agree. I hate the charge call that close to the basket............especially when it was obviously a block.:sssh: They also missed a foul on Zoubek when he took Howard to the ground under Duke's basket with about 33 seconds to play. Horrible no call. Howard would have been shooting FT's.
April 6, 201016 yr Personally, I thought the game was well officiated. Just a terrific final game. Wish the outcome had been different if for no other reason than such a small school would have brought home the hardware. Thought Mack could have taken a few more shots.
April 6, 201016 yr They also missed a foul on Zoubek when he took Howard to the ground under Duke's basket with about 33 seconds to play. Horrible no call. Howard would have been shooting FT's. I thought Howard got some bad calls all night and in this case a bad no call. Two of his fouls did not fit in with how the game was called for everyone else and he was pretty much taken out of his game because of it. Another foul I did not understand was the 4th one called on Jukes with 7 or 8 minutes left. It was called when Scheyer dribbled into the little lefty guard for Butler and they bumped, then Scheyer took a couple of steps the other direction and hit the shot and got the continuation. If there was a foul, it had to be on the lefty guard(forget his name) Does anyone know how Jukes got the foul called on him on that play?
April 6, 201016 yr And I don't think that there's any doubt that Singler is going to make a terrific NBA player.
April 6, 201016 yr I cannot get over how physical Butler plays. For the most part the refs let the kids play. The Scheyer block call was awful, but I thought overall they did a good job. Murray State gave Butler their toughest game until last night. Must mean Murray State was the third best team in the country Actually, Murray State and Butler are eerily similar basketball teams. If you remember late in that game a player from Murray took what I thought should have been a charge and no basket. The refs called it a block and counted the basket if it had been called the other way Murray may have very well won that game, they would have been in control and would have had to just make a couple of foul shots and they would have beat Bulter.
April 6, 201016 yr I usually can take Duke and often root for them (I hate UNC with a passion), but it was kind of painful as a fan to watch them win last night. But with that said they earned it and deserved it. I would have liked to have seen Scheyer get the M.O.P. award, because he's my favorite of the Duke players. Butler came to play as well and should be a legit contender next year, if Hayward stays. I've seen on ESPN where they were talking about him as a possible lottery pick. I don't know about that but with another year in college I think he could be a legit NBA player.
April 6, 201016 yr I did not read all of the post on this topic but will do so later. I turned this one off early after seeing Duke get call after call. I had no dog on this fight and I do like both teams. It seemed to me the men in strips were not going to let Duke lose. Should have stuck around, it evened out and was a great game start to finish.
April 6, 201016 yr Simply a classic title game. Wasn't always pretty, but both teams fought hard and gave great effort throughout. Congrats to the Dookies on the board. Enjoy it tonight... Disagree. It was a close game and it was fun to watch. When a team doesn't make a FG for 10 straight minutes and has a great chance to win it takes "classic" out of my book, but oh well. Who misses on purpose there? Really? They got the W, but I really wish that shot would have gone down so we could hear all the second guessing talk going on today.
April 6, 201016 yr I agree. However, can we get the same request of the UK haters to not use this to diminish what UK has accomplished over the years? Both have happened in this very thread. I agree that Duke deserves all the credit for what they did and I gave them that in my post. They are the 2010 national champs are they earned it. They exceeded what I thought they could do, but that is a big part of what makes the NCAA tournament the most exciting post season in all of sports. The real shame is that the NCAA won't even consider something similar in football. Good post MT. :thumb:
April 6, 201016 yr Great game. Only thing that bugged me, and this isn't simply anti-Duke sentiment here at all, was the charge call under the basket when Scheyer slid over under Hayward. I hate that call and hope in the near future that they put the restricted area arc in the lane like the NBA. :thumb: That is something they really need to do.
April 6, 201016 yr After cooling off last night and re-watching the game I have 2 huge complaints. 1 - The charge was just simply a horrible call, no excuse. 2 - The difference in the way they let Zoubak and Howard play is simply..............atrocious. With that said Butler still had a chance to win it. Other than those 2 things every single call evened out during the game and if Howard makes 1 more FT, like he normally does, in the 1st then Butler wins this game. Congrats Duke and Duke fans.
April 6, 201016 yr Congrats to the Dukies and especially their fans on BGP. This is a very tough tournament to win, no matter your seed, your bracket or anything else. The Blue Devils got it done and they deserve a lot of respect for it. I got caught up in the Cinderella story of Butler and was sad for them, however the Blue Devils are a great representative to hoist the trophy. UK fans: Do us all a favor and please give it a rest. Resist the urge to try and diminish this championship, especially by throwing out UK tradition. It looks bad and changes nothing. Give credit where credit is due save the superior attitude for a year when UK does something in the tournament to warrant it. Good post toots:thumb: Don't forget GrizzlyAdams! Thank you my friend:banana:.
April 6, 201016 yr Congrats to the Duke Fans on here, it was a great game but I was pullin for Butler. The last second jumper was a hard shot, but makeable. It reminded me of "Hoosiers". And Duke Fans I know how you feel.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.