Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 61 Butler 59

Featured Replies

Looks like the championship is headed back to tobacco road for the second year in a row, but this time it will seven miles further down the road.

 

Congrats Dookies...:notworthy:

  • Replies 176
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not read all of the post on this topic but will do so later.

 

I turned this one off early after seeing Duke get call after call.

 

I had no dog on this fight and I do like both teams.

 

It seemed to me the men in strips were not going to let Duke lose.

Still a great feeling after waking up this morning. :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

That was an awesome game... Glad I convinced the ol' fiance to let me watch it. :lol:

I feel sorry for those on BGP who decided they weren't going to watch the Final Four or Championship game. This was a great game. Congrats to Duke, and congrats to Rock Pride, Purple Pride, and GRC. Enjoy it.

I feel sorry for those on BGP who decided they weren't going to watch the Final Four or Championship game. This was a great game. Congrats to Duke, and congrats to Rock Pride, Purple Pride, and GRC. Enjoy it.

 

:thumb:

Don't forget GrizzlyAdams!

In my lifetime the score is Duke 4 UK 2. I'm not even a Duke fan. But if you consider the modern era of the NCAA tourney since the expansion to 64/65 teams. There is no comparing Duke and UK's record. Duke wins by a mile and a half.

 

So UCLA's 10 titles in 12 years don't compare? What didn't happen during your lifetime doesn't count? I know you hate UK, but UK's overall history is what it is, more wins than anyone and #2 in titles with 7. That does not discount what Duke has done the past 25 years.

 

Bottom line is that the past 25 years Duke has been the best program in college basketball. Coach K is one of the best ever and the numbers make the argument for him. 11 final fours, 8 title games, 4 championships. That is remarkable in any era. You still have to play the game by the rules and setting of the time, and Duke has done it better than anyone the past 25 years.

 

I really wanted Butler to pull this off. I thought Coach K made a mistake by having his big guy miss the 2nd FT with over 3 seconds left. With under 1.5 seconds, that is the right call. If he hits that 3 pointer, Butler wins. If they hit the FT the best that a miracle 3 can do is tie the game. But in the end, Duke did what they had to do and secured their 4th title. Congrats to Duke on winning the national title. And like Kellogg said, Butler didn't lose it, Duke won it.

So UCLA's 10 titles in 12 years don't compare? What didn't happen during your lifetime doesn't count? I know you hate UK, but UK's overall history is what it is, more wins than anyone and #2 in titles with 7. That does not discount what Duke has done the past 25 years.

 

Bottom line is that the past 25 years Duke has been the best program in college basketball. Coach K is one of the best ever and the numbers make the argument for him. 11 final fours, 8 title games, 4 championships. That is remarkable in any era. You still have to play the game by the rules and setting of the time, and Duke has done it better than anyone the past 25 years.

 

I really wanted Butler to pull this off. I thought Coach K made a mistake by having his big guy miss the 2nd FT with over 3 seconds left. With under 1.5 seconds, that is the right call. If he hits that 3 pointer, Butler wins. If they hit the FT the best that a miracle 3 can do is tie the game. But in the end, Duke did what they had to do and secured their 4th title. Congrats to Duke on winning the national title. And like Kellogg said, Butler didn't lose it, Duke won it.

 

While I might disagree on the "intentionally missing the second FT was the wrong call", I agree with Kellogg's statement wholeheartedly.

That was an awesome game... Glad I convinced the ol' fiance to let me watch it. :lol:

 

Good thing it wasn't played on Thursday.

Congrats to the Dukies and especially their fans on BGP. This is a very tough tournament to win, no matter your seed, your bracket or anything else. The Blue Devils got it done and they deserve a lot of respect for it.

 

I got caught up in the Cinderella story of Butler and was sad for them, however the Blue Devils are a great representative to hoist the trophy.

 

 

UK fans: Do us all a favor and please give it a rest. Resist the urge to try and diminish this championship, especially by throwing out UK tradition. It looks bad and changes nothing. Give credit where credit is due save the superior attitude for a year when UK does something in the tournament to warrant it.

 

I agree. However, can we get the same request of the UK haters to not use this to diminish what UK has accomplished over the years? Both have happened in this very thread. I agree that Duke deserves all the credit for what they did and I gave them that in my post. They are the 2010 national champs are they earned it. They exceeded what I thought they could do, but that is a big part of what makes the NCAA tournament the most exciting post season in all of sports. The real shame is that the NCAA won't even consider something similar in football.

Great game. Only thing that bugged me, and this isn't simply anti-Duke sentiment here at all, was the charge call under the basket when Scheyer slid over under Hayward. I hate that call and hope in the near future that they put the restricted area arc in the lane like the NBA.

Good thing it wasn't played on Thursday.

 

You're not kidding.

 

She did bite the bullet and let me watch UK/Cornell on a Thursday, though... Compromise is good.

 

However, I sold my soul last night and will be watching American Idol this evening.

While I might disagree on the "intentionally missing the second FT was the wrong call", I agree with Kellogg's statement wholeheartedly.

 

There was plenty of time for Butler to get a decent look at a 3 pointer than nearly went down. If you hit the FT and Butler has to inbound the ball, you can set up your defense MUCH better to deny a good look. Butler had no time outs to set anything up either. I just think it was the wrong call. Doesn't take away from what Duke accomplished, but IMHO, they put a bullet in the gun that nearly got them.

Great game. Only thing that bugged me, and this isn't simply anti-Duke sentiment here at all, was the charge call under the basket when Scheyer slid over under Hayward. I hate that call and hope in the near future that they put the restricted area arc in the lane like the NBA.

 

I agree 110% on that one. I missed that call and can't comment on it, but have seen this all year long in numerous games. Bilas had the best comment on that saying earlier this season that the 'NCAA needs to do this, but like anything with the NCAA it will take them years to even consider it.'

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.