Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 61 Butler 59

Featured Replies

After cooling off last night and re-watching the game I have 2 huge complaints.

 

1 - The charge was just simply a horrible call, no excuse.

 

2 - The difference in the way they let Zoubak and Howard play is simply..............atrocious.

 

 

With that said Butler still had a chance to win it.

Other than those 2 things every single call evened out during the game and if Howard makes 1 more FT, like he normally does, in the 1st then Butler wins this game.

 

 

 

Congrats Duke and Duke fans.

 

Since you watched it again, I will ask you a question that I was wondering about.

 

Did Scheyer commit basket interference on his tip in/dunk on the play where Duke only had one second on the shot clock and were throwing it in? I thought at the time that it was, but the announcers never even mentioned it.:idunno:

  • Replies 176
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since you watched it again, I will ask you a question that I was wondering about.

 

Did Scheyer commit basket interference on his tip in/dunk on the play where Duke only had one second on the shot clock and were throwing it in? I thought at the time that it was, but the announcers never even mentioned it.:idunno:

 

In real time it looked like it, but on the replay the ball had come off the rim and he tipped it in. Howard would have been called for goal tending had it not gone in.

Really?:irked:

 

For certain.

A few talking heads on ESPN (Colin Cowherd) was talking about how Coach K made the right call in having Zoubek miss the free throw. He said it was common basketball knowledge.

 

I couldn't believe. That's one of the worst coaching decisions I HAVE EVER SEEN.

 

Congrats to Duke. Great game. I thought the buzzer beater was in...

I didn't get to see the last 10 minutes of the game.

 

Can somebody give me the recap of the missed free throw scenario?

I've caught so much crap today, it's quite sad. SOME UK fans are pathetic...

I didn't get to see the last 10 minutes of the game.

 

Can somebody give me the recap of the missed free throw scenario?

 

There's like 3.8 seconds left. Duke is up 2...Zoubek is shooting 1 free throw. Coach K tells him to miss it. Zoubek shoots a line drive at the basket & misses the FT shot. Butler's Gordon Hayward gets the rebound, dribbles to half court and throws up a shot at the buzzer. The ball hits the glass, then the rim, and bounces off.

Absolutely not the worst national champion. They are a very good team and one of the better shooting national champions in recent times.

 

Now, if you want to use NBA talent to judge them, yes...this team is probably in the bottom three of the last 20 years with Tubby's UK team and the Arkansas team of 1994.

 

I totally disagree I keep going back and can't find a team they would beat.

Ok I'll bite. Define terrific. I see him cheering on his teammates if he plays on a good team.

I disagree, he shoots it well, gets it off quickly. Can put it on the deck. I think he will be a solid contributor. He's not Larry Bird, but I think he'll be a solid contributor in the league. He's long and can shoot it.

Singler is the next Dunleavy, JR. Nothing more, nothing less IMO.

I was at the game and I'm telling you if he had hit that last shot I'm not sure Lucas Oil wouldn't have imploaded! The ground was shaking when they got within 1 under a minute. We were in a direct line from where the last shot was too the basket. When it hit the backboard all I wondered was if he called bank because it looked money!

That timeout the series before when the couldn't get the ball in cost them. Had they had time to call timeout you know they've practiced the Pickett Fence all week. As long as nobody got caught watching the paint dry Jimmy Chitwood would have made history!

Great game! Honestly I think the difference in the game was Butler not attacking Zuebeck (sp) at the 9:00 or so mark when he was playing with four fouls. His ability to rebound, force shots and tap rebounds out where the difference down the stretch. I really think had they gone at him Butler wins! The crowd was probably 80% Butler.

I was at the game and I'm telling you if he had hit that last shot I'm not sure Lucas Oil wouldn't have imploaded! The ground was shaking when they got within 1 under a minute. We were in a direct line from where the last shot was too the basket. When it hit the backboard all I wondered was if he called bank because it looked money!

That timeout the series before when the couldn't get the ball in cost them. Had they had time to call timeout you know they've practiced the Pickett Fence all week. As long as nobody got caught watching the paint dry Jimmy Chitwood would have made history!

Great game! Honestly I think the difference in the game was Butler not attacking Zuebeck (sp) at the 9:00 or so mark when he was playing with four fouls. His ability to rebound, force shots and tap rebounds out where the difference down the stretch. I really think had they gone at him Butler wins! The crowd was probably 80% Butler.

I thought the real mistake TO was with about 5 minutes left and 2 remaining. Duke scores out of their own TO and Stevens calls it right away to leave them with that last one for the stretch run. The media stop was close and I didn't see any point in calling that one...

Is this Duke team the worst NC team in recent memory? I think so.

 

There will be no * by their national title in the books. They won the tourney, fair and square. I don't like that they won it, but they were the best team in the tourney this year IMHO. Doesn't mean they are the most talented, but honestly, the team with the most talent often does not win in a one and done situation (eg. UK, KU, etc). The UK team in 1998 was far less talented than the '96 team, but they have the same suffix attached to their season: National Champs.

I totally disagree I keep going back and can't find a team they would beat.

 

They don't have to beat any teams from the past or the future, ... just the ones in the tourney.

This Duke team was the best team in the nation this year. They are the National Champions, something none of the other teams can say. There was alot of parity this year with a handful of teams capable of winning it. Duke got hot at the right time and Coach K did an excellent job at guiding them to the championship.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.