Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 61 Butler 59

Featured Replies

This was a great game. I didn't think Butler would be able to hang with Duke.

 

As for Duke being the worst team to ever win a championship...I'd much rather be the worst to win one than the best to not win it. The "Duke Has An Easy Road" theory ? They may have had the easiest road to the Elite 8 or Final 4 but they still had to beat quality teams. They still had to beat the teams that advanced along with them. There is no "easy" road to a national championship.

 

I'm not a Duke fan by any means and it has nothing to do with UK. I must admit though, Coach K does it right. He wins with the talent he has and he gets kids to graduate.

 

Congrats to RP and PurplePride :thumb:

  • Replies 176
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Duke's run to the title is the easiest, judged soley on the seeding of the teams they played, since the 65 team setup was instituted.

 

I want to visit this, in that I don't really care what the seedings were, let's look at the RPI's of the teams they beat

 

Ark Pine Bluff - 183

California - 20

Purdue - 16

Baylor - 9 (ROAD GAME)

WVU - 4

Butler - 12 (ROAD GAME)

 

 

That's a pretty slick list, if you ask me...

Congrats to RP and PurplePride :thumb:

 

Thanks partner.

I want to visit this, in that I don't really care what the seedings were, let's look at the RPI's of the teams they beat

 

Ark Pine Bluff - 183

California - 20

Purdue - 16

Baylor - 9 (ROAD GAME)

WVU - 4

Butler - 12 (ROAD GAME)

 

 

That's a pretty slick list, if you ask me...

 

Looks like a pretty easy road to me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:sssh:

K said he felt Butler would win in OT, so he took a risk to greater the chances of ending the game in regulation...

 

 

To expound on this a bit, Coach K said on Mike and Mike this morning that he would not ALWAYS play it this way (intentionally miss the second FT), but that the game situation dictated the decision. He mentioned the following factors involved in this particular decision.

 

A. First and foremost, he wanted to force a "chaotic" Butler possession with less than 4 seconds remaining; hoping to force a "desperation" shot.

 

2. Two of his key players had four fouls, which didn't bode well should the game go to OT.

 

D. The crowd was very much pro-Butler, and they had momentum on their side.

 

Bottom line - Duke won the game.:thumb:

Thus, we have reached my opinion on this. Go back and watch, there is no eye contact or communication, IMO, between player and coach. That place was crazy loud, so a lot of people would've heard something. I think Zoubek, took the reigns in his hands, and tried to insure victory, and it could've cost them the title. Coach Krzyzewski would never throw one of his players under the bus.
Sorry I don't buy it. If this was true why would Coach K say he felt Butler would win in OT, so he took a risk to greater the chances of ending the game in regulation. When all he needed to say was I told him to miss the 2nd shot. Don't get me wrong I like Coach K. Although he may not throw his players. under the bus he sure did not have much confidence in them winning in OT, so he took a gamble with win or lose rather than going for a win or tie. :idunno:

 

Just to let you know RP I am happy for you and I know you had to be way be on excited to be there with a win like that. It does not bother me at all for Duke to win as long as they beat the Tar-heels down.

To expound on this a bit, Coach K said on Mike and Mike this morning that he would not ALWAYS play it this way (intentionally miss the second FT), but that the game situation dictated the decision. He mentioned the following factors involved in this particular decision.

 

A. First and foremost, he wanted to force a "chaotic" Butler possession with less than 4 seconds remaining; hoping to force a "desperation" shot.

 

2. Two of his key players had four fouls, which didn't bode well should the game go to OT.

 

D. The crowd was very much pro-Butler, and they had momentum on their side.

 

Bottom line - Duke won the game.:thumb:

:thumb:Bottom Line is right. They beat the teams that was put in front of them.
I want to visit this, in that I don't really care what the seedings were, let's look at the RPI's of the teams they beat

 

Ark Pine Bluff - 183

California - 20

Purdue - 16

Baylor - 9 (ROAD GAME)

WVU - 4

Butler - 12 (ROAD GAME)

 

 

That's a pretty slick list, if you ask me...

 

There were definitely teams with easier roads that didn't even make the Final Four... :thumb:

I've been away from my computer out of town for a few days, but am back now. Duke deserves all the credit in the world in beating WVU and Butler. This was a great game. Both teams played extremely hard. Seeing 2 teams get after it that much made for a great game. Congratulations to Duke and Butler.

I've been away from my computer out of town for a few days, but am back now. Duke deserves all the credit in the world in beating WVU and Butler. This was a great game. Both teams played extremely hard. Seeing 2 teams get after it that much made for a great game. Congratulations to Duke and Butler.

 

I know we have had our share of differences.....thank you.

I want to visit this, in that I don't really care what the seedings were, let's look at the RPI's of the teams they beat

 

Ark Pine Bluff - 183

California - 20

Purdue - 16

Baylor - 9 (ROAD GAME)

WVU - 4

Butler - 12 (ROAD GAME)

 

 

That's a pretty slick list, if you ask me...

 

I still maintain that Duke's bracket was pretty sad. Lets take a look at it. Cal's best win on the year was a win over Louisville who simply was down this year. Their next best win was probably an early season win over Murray St. There is no way that Cal with 11 losses and no quality wins is a top 20 team.

 

Purdue simply wasn't the same team without Hummell. They were the weakest of the 4 seeds. Also, no one can argue that Villanova was easily the weakest 2 seed by a long shot.

 

Which brings us to Baylor. Their 2 best wins wewre Texas A&M, which wasn't very good and Xavier. The didn't beat anyone else that was any good at all. I mean they made it to the Elite 8 by beating 3 so so mid major teams.

 

Now in the Final 4 Duke got it done and deserved it. Its just sad the region that the commitee put together.

I still maintain that Duke's bracket was pretty sad. Lets take a look at it. Cal's best win on the year was a win over Louisville who simply was down this year. Their next best win was probably an early season win over Murray St. There is no way that Cal with 11 losses and no quality wins is a top 20 team.

 

Purdue simply wasn't the same team without Hummell. They were the weakest of the 4 seeds. Also, no one can argue that Villanova was easily the weakest 2 seed by a long shot.

 

Which brings us to Baylor. Their 2 best wins wewre Texas A&M, which wasn't very good and Xavier. The didn't beat anyone else that was any good at all. I mean they made it to the Elite 8 by beating 3 so so mid major teams.

 

Now in the Final 4 Duke got it done and deserved it. Its just sad the region that the commitee put together.

The statistics dispute your post. They aren't biased towards what the eye sees either. Look at those RPI figures. What were the comparisons of all the other elite 8 teams? Baylor was as good as anyone. Now Cal, or Purdue, maybe not. Duke also happened to play two road games in the tourney, that's no joke either.

The statistics dispute your post. They aren't biased towards what the eye sees either. Look at those RPI figures. What were the comparisons of all the other elite 8 teams? Baylor was as good as anyone. Now Cal, or Purdue, maybe not. Duke also happened to play two road games in the tourney, that's no joke either.

 

What has Baylor done to show they are as good as anyone in the Elite 8? They haven't beaten anyone that good all year. I found their game plan to be quite stupid against Duke anyways. Playing 2-3 zone against Duke? Does that may any sense?

 

Again, I give Duke credit. They won the NCAA championship and deserved it. But I still contend their region was ridiculously weak.

Again, I give Duke credit. They won the NCAA championship and deserved it. But I still contend their region was ridiculously weak.

 

Again, statistics prove otherwise. What was the RPI breakdown of the other Final Four participants?

Again, statistics prove otherwise. What was the RPI breakdown of the other Final Four participants?

 

Explain it to me then. What have they accomplished? Go look at their schedule and tell me what makes them as good as anyone else in the Elite 8.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.