What New Music Are You Listening To?

It's definitely a different album for Ryan, but then most of them are. He doesn't seem to sit still for very long.

I think the second half of the album is stronger than the first, but I enjoy both. Ryan killed it in Columbus, btw.

1. Gimme Something Good

2. Let It Ride

3. Stay With Me

4. Dirty Rain

5. This House Is Not For Sale

6. Magnolia Mountain

7. New York, New York

8. A Kiss Before I Go

9. Dear Chicago

10. Shadows

11. My Winding Wheel

12. When the Stars Go Blue

13. Rats in the Wall

14. When the Summer Ends

15. Easy Plateau

16. Firehose Pizza (impromptu comedic song)

17. Do I Wait

18. Oh My Sweet Carolina

19. Trouble

20. La Cienega Just Smiled

21. I Love You But I Don't Know What To Say

22. Kim

23. I See Monsters

Encore:

24. Come Pick Me Up

Man...that's a pretty darn good set. I LOVE "Dear Chicago". I wish he'd still work some Whiskeytown tunes into his sets like he used to, way back.

Butch Walker was the opening act... I wasn't familiar with him prior, but came away very impressed and look forward to exploring him more.

Ryan Adams came out and played drums on his last couple of songs. He should stick with guitar/vocals.

Good stuff.

Love them. Got a chance to see them at the Taft Ballroom during the Midpoint Music Festival. They started their show with this song and had me and many around me literally tearing up instantly. Midpoint Twitter tweets indicated as much too that the tears were widespread. Goose bumpy good. Sure was one way to get the audience's attention to get them crying right off the bat.

Got to say hello to them after the show with a friend of mine visiting from England. Thought they might get a kick knowing another Brit was at the show. I rushed at them screaming "One Direction!" which they thought was a hoot. Dude on the far left is from Norway while the other two are from England.[ATTACH=CONFIG]41610[/ATTACH]

Picked up Bear's Den's new record last night...their first full-length release. Pressed on double-10" vinyl. Pretty solid. Includes new work along with some re-recordings of songs from their first two EPs.

[video=youtube;pGXBR1wR-mo]

• 3 weeks later...
Listened to Sturgill Simpson for the first time today. Reminds me a ton of Waylon...I'm a fan.

Definitely a lot of Waylon influence in his music. He's by far the best thing to happen to country music in a long time. First "real" country I've heard in a while.

Anyone listen to a band out of Cincinnati (and Shake It Records) called Wussy? I'm late to the party, as they've been making records for years, but I've got a copy of their newest release Attica!. Good stuff.

Anyone listen to a band out of Cincinnati (and Shake It Records) called Wussy? I'm late to the party, as they've been making records for years, but I've got a copy of their newest release Attica!. Good stuff.

Chuck Cleaver, the male voice in the very outstanding band Wussy, comes from an earlier Cincy band called the AssPonys.

In my opinion, this is their best song, but they had a lot of great ones, and a handful of really good albums. "Lohio" is where this song comes from, but I'm also quite fond of "Some Stupid With A Flare Gun."

[video=youtube_share;bUaJriM2-pM]

Chuck Cleaver, the male voice in the very outstanding band Wussy, comes from an earlier Cincy band called the AssPonys.

In my opinion, this is their best song, but they had a lot of great ones, and a handful of really good albums. "Lohio" is where this song comes from, but I'm also quite fond of "Some Stupid With A Flare Gun."

"Lohio" is a GREAT album, but "Some Stupid With A Flare Gun" is their masterpiece, in my opinion. Of all the albums I own, it's probably in the top five for albums that I listen to the most frequently. Here's a great track off of that album.

I wouldn't call you late to the party, per se. Wussy was a side project of sorts for the first five years or so...and since then they have virtually prided themselves in their "indie" status. They've been a great band for the entirety of their existence, but to say you're late to the party for not having heard of them yet would be like saying you "missed a party" that was comprised of 5 thirty-somethings that you don't know, quietly sitting in one of their basements and playing Sega Genesis.