8th Region All Region Team

NKU99

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Region team slots are awarded to players for great regular season play. You do not have to be on a team that makes it to the region tournament to be one of the best in the region.

All-Region TOURNAMENT teams - which are chosen during the region tournament - are rewards for great play in the region tournament itself.

By choosing the all-region team just prior to the tournaments, it highlights this distinction, and doesn't confuse the issue with players receiving two awards that sound so similar.

Good Point, CM. The team is voted on by the region coaches and they are not allowed to vote for their own players. They have a banquet every year and give out awards.

Good Point, CM. The team is voted on by the region coaches and they are not allowed to vote for their own players. They have a banquet every year and give out awards.

The only problem that I see with the "system" is that a lot of the voting is probably done on "reputation". When you consider how broad the region is, there's a lot of teams that will be more likely to play teams out of their region, than in their region. For example, Simon Kenton played 8 games in the region this year...but, 6 of them (3 teams, twice) were in their district. So, those 3 teams, along with the 2 others, for a total of 5, actually had coaches that had to face Wainscott.

Meanwhile, Walton-Verona played 9 different teams in the region, so Dixon was seen by nearly twice as many coaches. And yet Wainscott is POY? And before all the Lady Pioneer fans jump my case, I'm not saying she's not deserving! She's a heck of a ball player. I've seen her play this year. I'm just wondering how many of the other 8th region coaches can say the same thing? It's not like they can go home after their game and turn on Sportscenter and even see a highlight package of what she did that night.

At least at the tournament, those voting actually see the players they're voting for.

The only problem that I see with the "system" is that a lot of the voting is probably done on "reputation". When you consider how broad the region is, there's a lot of teams that will be more likely to play teams out of their region, than in their region. For example, Simon Kenton played 8 games in the region this year...but, 6 of them (3 teams, twice) were in their district. So, those 3 teams, along with the 2 others, for a total of 5, actually had coaches that had to face Wainscott.

Meanwhile, Walton-Verona played 9 different teams in the region, so Dixon was seen by nearly twice as many coaches. And yet Wainscott is POY? And before all the Lady Pioneer fans jump my case, I'm not saying she's not deserving! She's a heck of a ball player. I've seen her play this year. I'm just wondering how many of the other 8th region coaches can say the same thing? It's not like they can go home after their game and turn on Sportscenter and even see a highlight package of what she did that night.

At least at the tournament, those voting actually see the players they're voting for.

I would give it to the girl that plays the better schedule and against better competition. Walton's scedule doesn't come close. Sydni's numbers would probably be through the roof if she played the Bearcat's competition.:cool:

Again, my point was not to say Sydni was not deserving. I'm not trying to say one team played a tougher schedule than someone else. I'm just pointing out how a lot of coaches may vote for players that they've never seen (or even faced) this year.

To your point, North Oldham and Anderson only played six games in Region. Of those, four were in the district.

I heard most of them

Wainscott (POY)

Whitfield

McGuffin

Dixon

Brown

McKee

Wells

Willhoit

Gayheart

Devine

Bryant

Surprised that Emily Lape from Oldham Co did not make the list- she did miss some games early on but has been a big factor for them since her return. Also, is this in voting order? Am guessing so...

Edited by crazy8s
left out something