8th Region All Region Team

NKU99

Without a doubt politics and reputation is involved. This would seem fairly obvious by the names on the list because there is no way all coaches see these players. Except for the kids, who really takes any of these lists seriously?

Apparently the parents on this sight. It's human nature to want your kid to get recognition for their accomplishments. Sometimes we see those accomplishments differently than others do. So we are willing to fight for them if we feel they have been slighted.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally speaking, being included on the All-Region team is a nice feather in the cap, and a pat on the back for a good season.

NOT being named to the All-Region team doesn't necessarily mean you didn't belong there... you may just have been seen by too few coaches...

I would think that those coaches that work hard sees every team in the region play at least once; there are a few probably that don't. I see a lot of coaches in the stands in the games I attend.

I would think that those coaches that work hard sees every team in the region play at least once; there are a few probably that don't. I see a lot of coaches in the stands in the games I attend.

Can't imagine a coach going out of his way to see teams at the bottom of the region, even if they are playing a contender. He can't get a true read on the good team and isn't worried about the other team. His time would be better served watching video of contenders.