February 21, 201016 yr Thought ABOUT me, or thought it WAS me? :sssh: :lol: Thought ABOUT you, knew it wasn't you.
February 21, 201016 yr I hate Memorial Gym so much... Glad the 'Cats only play there once per year. I'm also glad that I picked this one wrong! I'll gladly be wrong every day of the week if it means UK wins.
February 21, 201016 yr I was watching the game at a restaurant in the first half so I couldn't hear. Did Bledsoe get called for a foul on the shove and THEN get a T? Yes he was called for a foul, then a double technical was given.
February 21, 201016 yr Good win. It will be nice to get back to Rupp before having to get back on the road again. Thats two tough road victories this week. Great defensive performance today.
February 21, 201016 yr This team has got to do a better job at the foul line if they expect to win a championship. also, is it just me or does Bledsoe seem to have an attitude problem?
February 21, 201016 yr Wow! I can't believe there's only 2 pages. I figured there would be at least a couple of post riding me about being wrong yet again. :lol::lol: The offense was UGLY, but the defense came to play tonight. The Cats did an unbelievable job of shutting down Vandy's guards, especially Beal. He was pretty much non existent tonight. I never dreamed the Cats would shut down Beal and Tinsley like they did tonight. Great effort on the defensive side of the ball, and Patterson, Wall and Cousins supplied just enough offense to win the game. Bledsoe had another terrible game offensively, and he let his frustration show with the cheap shot foul against Taylor. Then he makes it worse by running his mouth to Taylor. He definitely needs at least another year of college ball before he tries to take his game to the next level IMO. Anyway another great win on the road, and the Cats should have locked up the SEC East #1 seed tonight. :dancingpa
February 21, 201016 yr Ugly game, but a good win. Patterson looked good, going 13 & 13. Gotta love the guy. Pretty muched locked up the SEC regular season title tonight.
February 21, 201016 yr A nice road win considering how poorly the Cats shot the ball. You don't see many PGs block a three pointer, while also being athletic enough to control the ball after the block, that was impressive. I have to say I was glad to see the big Aussie miss that runner after the blatant taunt of Cousins. Bledsoe needs to learn when to turn it down a notch.
February 21, 201016 yr I guess Cousins is never gonna get the picture... Pretty sure Cal scolded him tonight about his attitude. Cal got on him when he was getting into it with the Vandy fans a little bit. No harm really. I love the intensity he plays with.
February 21, 201016 yr I have to say I was glad to see the big Aussie miss that runner after the blatant taunt of Cousins. That type of stuff happens way to often in my opinion lol.
February 21, 201016 yr My wife doesn't watch every UK game, but does enjoy it when she does. However, tonight she asked me how come the Vandy players were literally pulling Cousins arms every chance they got, and it would be the 2nd or 3rd grab before a foul was called. It really seems that the opposition is allowed to get away with MUCH more physical play against Cousins then he is allowed. To be honest, it reminds me of Shaq when he played. The officials really let teams push and pull on him a lot more than he could ever get away with. I don't really understand it, but at least they have been consistent. Patterson is really starting to assert himself more and I LOVE that. He is improving his draft stock IMHO. Wall didn't play all that great, but a big part of that was the Vandy defensive plan. They were terrific. But , come crunch time, he just seems to find a way to make a few big plays to get the job done. He is a special player.
February 21, 201016 yr It is nice to win in Vandy something that is not easy to do. However, when KY isn't running end to end and teams collapse on Cousins we are seeing low scoring games. UK will have to score from the outside at some point and the question remains how equipped are they to do that?
February 21, 201016 yr I'd actually like watching him play if it wasn't for his poor attitude. The kid can flat out play. I understand. He's got some room for improvement in that area and since he is still a kid, I think it may happen. However, that 'fire' can also be to his advantage if he can learn how to control it. And yes...he can flat out play!
February 21, 201016 yr I thought Miller played better as well. His early 3 was big and his blocked shot was sweet.
February 21, 201016 yr No chance for offense in this game. Vandy's game plan was to play physical and don't allow anything in the paint and they executed it. You often hear it said a game was a war ... but this game really was a war. Bledsoe is just being a freshman. He makes errors in judgment, tries to do too much and loses his composure. He'll learn and get better. As to a poster above complaining about Dodson's defense and saying what about Miller - Miller's defense is what is keeping him off the floor. Cal tried to play him tonight but his minutes got cut when he played lazy defense. Liggins is playing defense and stealing minutes from Dodson and Miller. Wall is just amazing. Let's all enjoy him as much as we can because players like him are few and far between. He is just one of those rare athletes who is able to elevate his already incredible game to an even higher level to make the plays you need to win at crunch time. At least one chin dropping play per game and usually more than one. If the Cats can win that game at Vandy with Vandy in their grill all night like that, they can beat anyone anywhere.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.