February 21, 201016 yr LRCW those odds makers were a lot closer than you right? I mean a lot... Cousins is the best player by far that UK has. He gets baskets or fouls every time he gets a touch. He gets a "punk" label by people but when was the last time he was a "punk"?
February 21, 201016 yr Great game for the Cats to win! Wish I would have actually got to watch it though.
February 21, 201016 yr Bledsoe is good for atleast one dumb foul a game. Usually, it's in the opening 35 seconds when he is going around a pick. This time, it was the incident with Taylor. I think he is jealous of Wall and tries to "outdo" him. He'll return next season to try to be better than John.
February 21, 201016 yr My wife doesn't watch every UK game, but does enjoy it when she does. However, tonight she asked me how come the Vandy players were literally pulling Cousins arms every chance they got, and it would be the 2nd or 3rd grab before a foul was called. It really seems that the opposition is allowed to get away with MUCH more physical play against Cousins then he is allowed. To be honest, it reminds me of Shaq when he played. The officials really let teams push and pull on him a lot more than he could ever get away with. I don't really understand it, but at least they have been consistent. Patterson is really starting to assert himself more and I LOVE that. He is improving his draft stock IMHO. Wall didn't play all that great, but a big part of that was the Vandy defensive plan. They were terrific. But , come crunch time, he just seems to find a way to make a few big plays to get the job done. He is a special player. I sit four rows behind the goal for the UT game. He gets hit every trip down, it made me sick to my stomach. I mean he was literally pushed, pulled and grabbed every trip down, and it was like the refs let it go just because Cuz is so much better.
February 21, 201016 yr If Billy G was still the coach Bledsoe would be riding back to Lexington in the Equipment van. Maybe he should have after that showing.
February 21, 201016 yr With Bledsoe's history at the foul line why din't Cal have at least two men under the basket to contest a rebound there at the end ?
February 21, 201016 yr With Bledsoe's history at the foul line why din't Cal have at least two men under the basket to contest a rebound there at the end ? Probably didn't want Boogie or someone to go over the back. I was screaming for Wall to miss the second free throw. That would have really screwed Vandy.
February 21, 201016 yr Again late about posting on the Cats big win in Nashville,but anyhow that was more like a football game,defense was great on both teams.All in all any time a team goes to Nashville and pulls out a W,its really big. Now thats makes Vandy 13-1 at home and UK 26-1 everywhere. Next game, South Carolina in Lexington,and the word is payback.:dancingpa
February 21, 201016 yr I guess Cousins is never gonna get the picture... Pretty sure Cal scolded him tonight about his attitude. Oh he scolded him for sure as he came off the floor when he was taunting the crowd. Of course, if you watched until the end he taunted all the way to the locker room with several of the other players. I will admit that when he quickly flashed the "call me" sign after the offensive rebound and score at MSU, I loved it...but leave it at that. You don't have to do things like that all the time. As much as I hate UF, when Tebow did the phone thing at LSU that night I loved it too. You just have to know when to stop and focus on the game. Either way, he is the best player in the country IMO and a joy to watch for another few weeks at UK...then I wont have to hold my breath worrying about him getting kicked out of a game so much.
February 21, 201016 yr Probably didn't want Boogie or someone to go over the back. I was screaming for Wall to miss the second free throw. That would have really screwed Vandy. Exactly. I thought the fact he came back with 6:08 remaining and didn't foul out was HUGE. He played a pretty smart game overall.
February 21, 201016 yr I thought Miller played better as well. His early 3 was big and his blocked shot was sweet.Miller drives me crazy. He makes that tremendous interception of a pass that led to a Wall or Bledsoe dunk, then on the next possession makes a horrific pass trying to force the ball to a double teamed Cousins. I'm trying to quit drinking. He ain't helping. :sssh:
February 21, 201016 yr With Bledsoe's history at the foul line why din't Cal have at least two men under the basket to contest a rebound there at the end ? I agree.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.