Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 58 Vanderbilt 56

Featured Replies

:lol: My b.

 

I'm kind of surprised he is the only one!

 

I think the trainer was like, "Cuz, look! It's Erin Andrews!" At least I hope he noticed!

:lol:

  • Replies 149
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: My b.

 

I'm kind of surprised he is the only one!

No kidding. I would have been doing the same thing :lol:

There's no doubt that it's easier to make a prediction based on the odds. As I stated earlier those guys are usually pretty dead on with the piont spread. If I went by what the oddsmakers predicted I would no doubt look a lot smarter, but as I've stated over and over I like to think for myself no matter how dumb it may make me look. I've simply been giving you a hard time for not wanting to epxress your own thoughts.

 

So you think 6 points is a blow out?

 

No I know this may seem far fetched but if the line was 6 I would have thought UK would win by double digits. Since it was 2.5 I thought they might get beat. That's why I changed my prediction. If UK was -6 my guess is Vegas would have taken a ton of action on MSU. When it was 2.5 my guess is they took in a ton of action on UK. I think when it gets unbalanced they win 60% or so of those games. I like 6/10 odds rather than just going against UK every time they play a good team or Rider.

 

Did you honestly believe UK was going to lose 5 or more games including a 7 point loss at home against Vandy?

No I know this may seem far fetched but if the line was 6 I would have thought UK would win by double digits. Since it was 2.5 I thought they might get beat. That's why I changed my prediction. If UK was -6 my guess is Vegas would have taken a ton of action on MSU. When it was 2.5 my guess is they took in a ton of action on UK. I think when it gets unbalanced they win 60% or so of those games. I like 6/10 odds rather than just going against UK every time they play a good team or Rider.

 

Did you honestly believe UK was going to lose 5 or more games including a 7 point loss at home against Vandy?

 

LRCW may never live that one down :lol:

No I know this may seem far fetched but if the line was 6 I would have thought UK would win by double digits. Since it was 2.5 I thought they might get beat. That's why I changed my prediction. If UK was -6 my guess is Vegas would have taken a ton of action on MSU. When it was 2.5 my guess is they took in a ton of action on UK. I think when it gets unbalanced they win 60% or so of those games. I like 6/10 odds rather than just going against UK every time they play a good team or Rider.

 

Did you honestly believe UK was going to lose 5 or more games including a 7 point loss at home against Vandy?

 

 

 

Do you honeslty think I would get on here, and pick Kentucky to lose if I thought they would win? :lol:

Do you honeslty think I would get on here, and pick Kentucky to lose if I thought they would win? :lol:

 

I kind of hoped so. There's a difference in thinking they can lose and thinking they will lose. You either don't think they're good or you might want to look for some help for your thoughts. :lol:

I kind of hoped so. There's a difference in thinking they can lose and thinking they will lose. You either don't think they're good or you might want to look for some help for your thoughts. :lol:

 

 

Then they wouldn't be my thoughts would they? :lol:

Then they wouldn't be my thoughts would they? :lol:

 

Yes. Thoughts are allowed changing right? I think a lot of things one day and change my thoughts. You should probably by now think UK is better than you do.

Yes. Thoughts are allowed changing right? I think a lot of things one day and change my thoughts. You should probably by now think UK is better than you do.

 

 

It still wouldn't be my thoughts if I made/changed my predictions based on the Vegas line. UK has obviously done much better than I thought they would this year. When I make a prediction on a game I take into consideration how they have been playing the past 2 or 3 games, how good I think the opponent is, and how they have fared in the past at home, or on the road against those opponents. Take this past weekend for example. It is always tought to walk away with a win at Vandy no matter how good you are. Even though they have been winning, let's be honest UK hasn't really been playing that well IMO. I honestly thought Vandy's guards would go off from the 3 point line this past weekend. That didn't happen. Kentucky played great defense against Vandy's guards this weekend, epescially Beal and Tinsley, the two I feared the most. Now with the way UK has been able to go on the road, and grind out two wins against a good team in Vandy, and a fairly decent team in Miss State when they didn't play that well offensively, I now have better feelings on how they will fare against UT and Georgia on the road.

Darn... I thought this thread was about the game, not the art of correctly making a prediction. :lol:

I believe you may be on to something about him being jealous of Wall's publicity. He needs to get confidence back in his outside shot or UK's season may end a little earlier than we hope. Bledsoe would be making a huge mistake if he declares for the NBA draft.

A lot of this has to do with his high school coach IMO. Cal needs to cut off any communication between Bledsoe and that guy.

Any time you win @ Vandy is a good win.

 

But, I must say, Wall and Bledsoe have me a little concerned with their FT shooting down the stretch. That's two games in a row they've missed some big FT's in tough road games...I definitely expect John Wall to deliver at the stripe in crunch time, because he's proven to be a clutch player this season and he's our PG. He's going to be the guy getting fouled, and he needs to make them.

It still wouldn't be my thoughts if I made/changed my predictions based on the Vegas line. UK has obviously done much better than I thought they would this year. When I make a prediction on a game I take into consideration how they have been playing the past 2 or 3 games, how good I think the opponent is, and how they have fared in the past at home, or on the road against those opponents. Take this past weekend for example. It is always tought to walk away with a win at Vandy no matter how good you are. Even though they have been winning, let's be honest UK hasn't really been playing that well IMO. I honestly thought Vandy's guards would go off from the 3 point line this past weekend. That didn't happen. Kentucky played great defense against Vandy's guards this weekend, epescially Beal and Tinsley, the two I feared the most. Now with the way UK has been able to go on the road, and grind out two wins against a good team in Vandy, and a fairly decent team in Miss State when they didn't play that well offensively, I now have better feelings on how they will fare against UT and Georgia on the road.

 

 

I understand all of that, but how is it not my thought if I "think" there's a line screaming "sucker bet"? It's still my thought right? Everyone wasn't thinking that. Just I was. That is an original thought. You can look at whatever you want to form a thought. I looked at the line. Where exactly is the difference? I know every game UK plays no matter where it is 4 of their starters and probably the 1st guy off the bench will be top 20 picks in some year of the NBA draft. I'm not sure w/ the exception of Kansas anyone else can say that. That's my first thought. Then I see what the odds makers are saying. You think the odds makers are good and don't miss by much yet you routinely pick them to be off by 15 or more points.

I understand all of that, but how is it not my thought if I "think" there's a line screaming "sucker bet"? It's still my thought right? Everyone wasn't thinking that. Just I was. That is an original thought. You can look at whatever you want to form a thought. I looked at the line. Where exactly is the difference? I know every game UK plays no matter where it is 4 of their starters and probably the 1st guy off the bench will be top 20 picks in some year of the NBA draft. I'm not sure w/ the exception of Kansas anyone else can say that. That's my first thought. Then I see what the odds makers are saying. You think the odds makers are good and don't miss by much yet you routinely pick them to be off by 15 or more points.

 

 

I never look at the line. I make my predictions without knowing what the oddsmakers have to say. I predicted the Bengals would lose to the Jets. Didn't the oddsmakers say the Bengals were 3 point favorites in that game? I certainly wasn't going to let that change my prediction on the game.

Darn... I thought this thread was about the game, not the art of correctly making a prediction. :lol:

 

Seriously...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.