Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 58 Vanderbilt 56

Featured Replies

Darn... I thought this thread was about the game, not the art of correctly making a prediction. :lol:

 

Seriously...

 

 

And your two post said what about the game? :sssh::D

 

 

You're right, and it's all SSC's fault for getting it off topic. :lol::lol: Just kidding.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never look at the line. I make my predictions without knowing what the oddsmakers have to say. I predicted the Bengals would lose to the Jets. Didn't the oddsmakers say the Bengals were 3 point favorites in that game? I certainly wasn't going to let that change my prediction on the game.

 

Understood, but I form my opinion then I look to see what the "experts" say. I've always said I'd like the odds makers to be the selection committee. They'd be better at it than the real one. And like I mentioned earlier they aren't always right, but they're right enough to make it worth looking. You gave me grief for changing an opinion on an outcome of a game b/c of a line. I don't see why that constitutes grief. My opinion was right after looking at the line. My prediction for the Vandy game was UK by a basket. The line was where I thought it would be and I thought Vandy playing Thursday would hurt them. If either team was favored by a few points I might have changed my guess. That was my original point.

Understood, but I form my opinion then I look to see what the "experts" say. I've always said I'd like the odds makers to be the selection committee. They'd be better at it than the real one. And like I mentioned earlier they aren't always right, but they're right enough to make it worth looking. You gave me grief for changing an opinion on an outcome of a game b/c of a line. I don't see why that constitutes grief. My opinion was right after looking at the line. My prediction for the Vandy game was UK by a basket. The line was where I thought it would be and I thought Vandy playing Thursday would hurt them. If either team was favored by a few points I might have changed my guess. That was my original point.

 

 

OK enough of that. As Hangman has pointed out we have hijacked the thread. Shame on you. :lol: Back to the game.

OK enough of that. As Hangman has pointed out we have hijacked the thread. Shame on you. :lol: Back to the game.

 

Ok, what was Vandy thinking taking a contested 3 down 1 point?

Ok, what was Vandy thinking taking a contested 3 down 1 point?

 

Stallings is a really good coach but that one is on him.

Stallings is a really good coach but that one is on him.

 

Yep and it's on Calipari if Vandy hits a 3 on the last play. I can't believe Wall wasn't told to miss the last FT.

Ok, what was Vandy thinking taking a contested 3 down 1 point?

 

Stallings is a really good coach but that one is on him.

 

 

I haven't seen Stallings comments about the game so I hate to place the blame on him without knowing if that is the play he called or not. It looked to me like Beal had an open lane to the basket with Stevenson sliding over to possibly challenge Beal's shot. I though Beal should have definitely taken it to the rim to see if he could draw a foul.

Yep and it's on Calipari if Vandy hits a 3 on the last play. I can't believe Wall wasn't told to miss the last FT.

Agreed. I was screaming for him to miss it.

Yep and it's on Calipari if Vandy hits a 3 on the last play. I can't believe Wall wasn't told to miss the last FT.

 

Agreed. I was screaming for him to miss it.

 

 

He was already planning on calling a time out which he said was the dumbest timeout he's ever called, so he's admitted he messed up. Let's cut him some slack. :D

I haven't seen Stallings comments about the game so I hate to place the blame on him without knowing if that is the play he called or not. It looked to me like Beal had an open lane to the basket with Stevenson sliding over to possibly challenge Beal's shot. I though Beal should have definitely taken it to the rim to see if he could draw a foul.

 

:thumb:

Here's a pic from the game Saturday. Looks like Cousins was "distracted" by someone.

 

He looks like he wants to give her the call me sign......

Yep and it's on Calipari if Vandy hits a 3 on the last play. I can't believe Wall wasn't told to miss the last FT.

 

Because he missed the first one. Cal said on the post game show that he was going to tell him to miss it, had he had made the first free throw. You can blame Wall for that one if you'd like to point fingers.

Because he missed the first one. Cal said on the post game show that he was going to tell him to miss it, had he had made the first free throw. You can blame Wall for that one if you'd like to point fingers.

 

What? If he makes the first one I wouldn't have minded him making the second. That means a 3 can't beat them. I can see both sides of it if the first ones in but once the first one misses the second one is a must miss IMO. I can't really fault Cal though I guess. Look where he is and look where I am.

I was at the game. Very good atmosphere. Probably about 3000-3200 Kentucky fans in Memorial Gym.

I was at the game. Very good atmosphere. Probably about 3000-3200 Kentucky fans in Memorial Gym.

 

My good friend in Nashville sold his and his wife's tickets to UK fans for $175 each. He called to tell me how crazy UK fans are. Of course I spent the Music City Bowl weekends with them, so he should know that already. :dancingpa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.