Shelby Valley/Jeffersontown 2/20

Just told that SV has added a game against Jeffersontown on Saturday night. SV will play at Perry Central on Friday night and then drive out Saturday morning. Coach Booher wants to push his team on this final weekend to get ready for tourney play. I have been very critical of his schedule but kudos to him for adding a tough road game.

Thoughts/ Predictions?

Pressure is on both teams to win this one....

-Shelby Valley wants to show the state they can beat one of the traditionally strong and tough teams

-J-Town wants to bounce back from their perplexing loss to South Oldham

I am interested in this game...to see SV against one of the 7th Region's finest, although the Chargers have been playing subpar of late.

Have they really been playing subpar? Or is their schedule and the law of averages catching up? You can't play brutal competition night in and night out with teen-agers and always expect to win... Jtown is only 6-5 since 1/1/10, but those five losses have been against teams with a combined record of 110-25 (only Manual, at 18-8, has fewer than 20 wins).

Pressure is on both teams to win this one....

-Shelby Valley wants to show the state they can beat one of the traditionally strong and tough teams

-J-Town wants to bounce back from their perplexing loss to South Oldham

You obviously didn't see the game, or you don't know much about South's team this year. South was up 20 in the third and only a heroic comeback by Jtown made it close. This is clearly the best team in South's history, and their next win will be the most single-season wins in school history (they are 23-5 right now).

Looking at the Dragons statistically - I just rec'd their stats today - the Dragons lead the state in three point shooting percentage at 39%, despite shooting more threes than just about anyone, they are hitting 55% from the field overall, and over 71% at the line. This team can flat shoot. They have size, depth, and a lineup that features 5 guys who have all taken between 55 to 151 threes and have all made between 36% and 49%. (two players have taken over 100 threes and have each hit over 44%). Meanwhile, their defense is holding opponents to just 38% shooting from the field...

Of all the teams I've seen this year, South passes the ball better than any of them. Very hard to press the shooters, because they pass so well...

I cover a lot of games in the metro Louisville area, and - while Jtown might (or might not) win more games than South in a series - this really didn't come as a shock to those who have seen South play this year.

The perplexing loss on the Jtown schedule is the five point loss to West Jessamine, who just recently lost to an 11-14 Woodford County squad. Still, W.Jess. at 21-7 is used to winning this year, too...

But I sure wouldn't want to count Jtown out because they've been handed a few losses lately by some awfully good teams...this team has a lot of talent...

This is not a knock on the current Jtown team, but without Tim Jackson and his height and rebounding in the lineup, the Chargers are a far cry from year's past. They are struggling and have played subpar basketball.

South Oldham could very well win the 8th. No Scott County, an Oldham County team that's down, Shelby County not playing up to expectations, Bullitt East long gone, this could be the year the Dragons take the 8th.

Shelby Valley and Justice stands with the most to gain from this game. Questions such as, was Justice a legit candidate for Mr. Hoops, and is SV truly a top-tiered team could be answered tomorrow. Anxious to see the outcome of it.

This is not a knock on the current Jtown team, but without Tim Jackson and his height and rebounding in the lineup, the Chargers are a far cry from year's past. They are struggling and have played subpar basketball.

South Oldham could very well win the 8th. No Scott County, an Oldham County team that's down, Shelby County not playing up to expectations, Bullitt East long gone, this could be the year the Dragons take the 8th.

Shelby Valley and Justice stands with the most to gain from this game. Questions such as, was Justice a legit candidate for Mr. Hoops, and is SV truly a top-tiered team could be answered tomorrow. Anxious to see the outcome of it.

I'm not sure we can annoint them even if SV beats Jtown after last night's loss to PCC!

I agree that Jtown appears to be slipping , as I would have them no better than 5th in the region at this point behind Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, and Manual.

We shall see if Jtown has righted the ship in the next few weeks.