Everything posted by The Blue Beetle
-
2011 16th Region Draw
Rowan vs. West Carter in the first round! Rowan is on upset alert.
-
Elliott County 70 East Carter 51
Looked like Elliott made some real good adjustments at half time. They really settled down and pounded it inside. I was impressed with the fraley kid he plays hard and can knock down the open shot. East will be a threat all year they have nice guard play. Knipp is a very complete player and Ison is just a load inside.
-
Bath County Job Opening
What kind of schedule did he play?
-
Elisha Justice vs. Josh Sewell for Mr. Basketball
I detect sarcasm.
-
Prayers in Mason County
Class act is all that can be said about coach O'Hearn. Our prayers go out.
-
Shelby Valley/Jeffersontown 2/20
Shelby Valley 75 J-Town 61
-
Elliott County 104 Morgan County 55
Actually if Morgan was to upset West Carter on February 4th the 3rd and 4th seed in the 62nd district would go to a coin toss. But I just don't believe Morgan can do it.
-
Elliott County
Only 10 wins to go with those 4 losses. Sounds like they are really struggling, I hope they can turn things around before it is too late.
-
Elliott County
How many wins do they have this season? I am going to guess and say 3-4.
-
Raceland tourney
One possibility is to take Saturday's games and put them on Tuesday and play the final round on Wednseday. Since it is a round robin format it wouldn't matter which day who played who as long as everybody played. I think that would be the best because out of the first three games on sunday 4 out of the 6 schools are 15 minutes or less away and Elliott is only an hour away. That would give Wagner and South Floyd plenty of time to let the roads clear before they had to leave.
-
East Carter 74 Elliott County 73
You were the one that compared Stepp to Knipp. I was just stating some facts. And I have seen them play and he is far from being on his own. They have other good players. I know I wouldn't want my team to have to face them in the regional tournament. Knipp is a proven winner.:thumb:
-
East Carter 74 Elliott County 73
Also Remember Irvine Stepp never played in a state tournament Knipp has played in three.
-
Fairview 61 Paintsville 47
Anyone have stats?
-
Gregg, Bush ruled eligible at Ashland
I wonder what changed the Khsaa's mind.
-
Louisville Trinity 51 Scott County 49(Scrimmage)
Sewell was hands down the best player on the floor. I would have to say he is a serious Mr. Basketball contender. Scott Co. simply had no answer for him. Trinity has a very good team that could beat anyone.
-
Elliott County 101 Ironton, OH 59 Scrimmage
How did East Carter and West Carter look? I believe they played as well.
-
George Rogers Clark/Holmes scrimmage
Great win for the cards.
-
Elliott County 101 Ironton, OH 59 Scrimmage
Wow! I didn't anticipate that score. What happened? If I am not mistaken Ironton is supposed to be pretty good this year. This score blows my mind. I thought their run was over.
-
Elliott County has low turnout
Do you think the age effect had a difference last year?:sssh:
-
Elliott County has low turnout
Maybe with one more year to mature they could reach their athletic potential and get a scholarship or a better scholar ship to a school where they could reach their academic potential. Do you think that is a Possibility?
-
Best sophs in the 16th?
The best sophmore is ineligible. Gregg at Ashland.
-
Elliott County has low turnout
They probably could have went to state with 4 players last year I would hate to see what they could do with 12.
-
Rose Hill Coach
If Rose Hill does decide to continue their basketball program and have the numbers to put a team on the the court I wonder if that will have any effect on the transferring players becoming eligible to play this season?
-
Ashland 2009/2010
This region has just got crazy. There is at least 6-7 teams with a legitimate shot who could get on a run and go to the state tournament. It is going to be a fun year wouldn't miss it for anything. Last year the buzz was about Elliott county cause they were so good. This year ther is even a better because East Carter, fairveiw,Ashland, lewis, Elliott,Minnifee,and throw in West Carter and Russell. You could make an argument for each one of these teams that they have a real shot.
-
Lewis County 2009/2010
Riley will be the best player that no one is talking about in the 16th. There is about 3-4 teams that if they had Riley the region would no longer be so wide open. And Lewis could definately cut the nets down in Morehead next year. I said it first. And I also beleve it could be a repeat of last years regional final depending on the draw. Saw Timmy Knipp at a tournament earlier in the summer and he is a nightmare match up for anyone in the state.