Elliott County 101 Ironton, OH 59 Scrimmage

A somewhat different Elliott County team defeated Ironton, OH at the Jack Fultz preseason scrimmage at West Carter.

Quarter scores were reset, so I may be a few points off on the final.

Timmy Knipp had around 40, Nickell around 20, Ison 14, and Faulkner 15.

Elliott was more physical and bigger than Ironton. Ironton was smaller and quicker than EC. Ironton may have out rebounded Elliott though--it was close. That will need to be worked on.

Elliott shot the FT very well--in the 83% range.

Overall, and excellent showing by EC. I hope it's a hint of things to come!

Ironton probably had some kids out because of football. I know the game was moved up to 2:00 from 5:00 for that reason.

Elliott looked tough though. I think Elliott will be competitive with everybody in the Region. Will lose some games, but I think they will be competitive.

Rumor had it Ironton was Missing 20 players off the team due to Football, So IMO not a good test for the lions since from watching the game Ironton may have only played two players that would see any varsity time at all, the rest was freshmen and j.v. players that were weak and very unexperienced. We will see what the lions have soon enough with the season just around the bend.

Rumor had it Ironton was Missing 20 players off the team due to Football, So IMO not a good test for the lions since from watching the game Ironton may have only played two players that would see any varsity time at all, the rest was freshmen and j.v. players that were weak and very unexperienced. We will see what the lions have soon enough with the season just around the bend.

20 players?! How many do they dress across the river? I am in Ironton very frequent and I sure don't think those numbers add up.