Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gregg, Bush ruled eligible at Ashland

Featured Replies

I've been told that both Corey Gregg and Kyle Bush have been ruled eligible, and will be able to play for the Tomcats this season.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us not in the loop:

 

What was the issue?

  • Author
For those of us not in the loop:

 

What was the issue?

 

 

They were transfers from Rose Hill. They both played for Rose Hill last year, and actually both started the school year at Rose Hill.

Good for both of them. Ashland should be very good, didnt they just beat Lewis Co in overtime?

Did these kids have a bonafide address change, or is this an example of the KHSAA bending the rules yet again? How can the transfer be for any other reason but athletics? Rose Hill still has a team don't they?

Mom posted on her facebook page that Korey got the twofold. Eligibility and driver license.

I am happy for both of these boys being eligible and that they can play and don't lose a year. I hope to see them both at Rupp in March. :thumb:

Congrats to them! They are two wonderful young men and deserve the chance to play the game they love.

 

When does Ashland play Fairview? As a fan of Basketball this will be a fun game to watch Gregg and Terry battle it out.

They were transfers from Rose Hill. They both played for Rose Hill last year, and actually both started the school year at Rose Hill.

 

I have nothing againist either of the boys know both of them and they are great kids. But rules are rules they played varsity at Rose Hill last season changed schools without moving or even an address change. The KHSAA rules them ineligible as the rules plainly say, they appeal and it now gets overturned. No one should ever be ruled ineligible again by the KHSAA in my opinion. In closing I wish them both the very best. I feel before this Ashland was a top 5 team but now by the end of the season they will be right there with Fairview and East for the region title.

I have nothing againist either of the boys know both of them and they are great kids. But rules are rules they played varsity at Rose Hill last season changed schools without moving or even an address change. The KHSAA rules them ineligible as the rules plainly say, they appeal and it now gets overturned. No one should ever be ruled ineligible again by the KHSAA in my opinion. In closing I wish them both the very best. I feel before this Ashland was a top 5 team but now by the end of the season they will be right there with Fairview and East for the region title.

 

My Question is, "So why have rules and got through the trouble of the investigation process. If no one puts their foot down and sticks their chest out and says NO to these rules issues". Nothing against either kid.

My Question is, "So why have rules and got through the trouble of the investigation process. If no one puts their foot down and sticks their chest out and says NO to these rules issues". Nothing against either kid.

 

Would you care to reword this question because I have no idea what your asking?

I have nothing againist either of the boys know both of them and they are great kids. But rules are rules they played varsity at Rose Hill last season changed schools without moving or even an address change. The KHSAA rules them ineligible as the rules plainly say, they appeal and it now gets overturned. No one should ever be ruled ineligible again by the KHSAA in my opinion. In closing I wish them both the very best. I feel before this Ashland was a top 5 team but now by the end of the season they will be right there with Fairview and East for the region title.

 

I couldn't agree more with this post. I do know either kid and am happy for them that they get to play, but I have no idea how the KHSAA can justify this decision. The rules clearly state you must have a change of residence and if they didn't, they should have to sit out.

If I were the Adams kid I would be upset. two years ago when he transferred to Rose Hill from Ashland without a change of address he was ruled ineligible and had to sit a year. But when two transfer from Rose Hill to Ashland without a change of address they are rule eligible to play. Something just does not seem right about that. Rose Hill has a girl who transferred there form Boyd Co. in Feb. 2009 without a change of address and is still in the process of sitting out her calendar year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.