What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

ADopted ADmiral

:puke: I think I have a couple of those left in my fridge that you can have.

I've become a fan of wheat beers. The wife picked me up a six pack of Shock Top the other day that was actually pretty good. It's an unfiltered Belgian style beer with a hint of citrus.

I had a Shiner Blonde at a friend's place this weekend. I love the Shiner Bock, so I figured I'd give it a try. It wasn't bad at all.

Now I'm getting thirsty. :irked:

Any free beer is a good beer, well not really! :lol:

Funny how one person taste for something is so different than someone else. Really I liked the stuff!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a White or a Red Wine?

They are all white.

The Grigio is lighter than Chardonnay.

I know it's winter and I should be drinking reds, but I hate what they do to my teeth. However, I did read somewhere that red wine, even though it stains your teeth, is actually good for your teeth.

For a nice cheap wine I like Bogel Chardonnay (white) or Marlot (red). Around $9 a bottle.

For cheap wine go to Trader Joes and get Charles Shaw (Two Buck Chuck). It is literally $2.99. And it isn't bad.

Funny how one person taste for something is so different than someone else. Really I liked the stuff!

One of my friends likes Blue Moon. I bought some when she would come over and everyone else started drinking it. Had to buy alot more than I thought I was going to have to.:idunno:

The only wine I've ever had was out of a box :lol:

:D

What's the deal with wine in a box anyway? I have been meaning to ask someone this for a couple weeks now. For some reason on tv shows, or other things in pop culture I have seen a lot of stuff come up about wine in a box, and jokes concerning it. Could someone please explain to me what is up with the whole wine in a box thing?

I am not a wine taster -- yet; but that sounds awesome. What flavor does it have? Is it red or white? Just trying to learn some new tastes. :thumb:

They are polar opposites. The Rhys Pinot Noir is about as close to a French Burgundy as you will get from a California Pinot Noir. Extremely light and loaded with complexity. The Turley Zinfandel is high octane, in your face, punch you in the mouth huge wine.

Tonight I am enjoying Nobilo 2007 East Coast Pinot Gris New Zealand

I love Kris Pinot Grigio French

Also my favorite anytime is Cakebread Chardonnay Yummy:thumb:

Agree with you on the Cakebread Chard. Buttery toast! I am not a huge Chard fan, but I like Rombauer as well for a similar price point. If I have to drink white I am going German Auslese Riesling or super sweet French Sauternes.

Sam Adams Winter Lager:

The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.

The Sam Adam's Winter Lager is the best one they have imo. Very smooth, slightly sweet and all so delicious. I also have a fondness for their Summer Ale. The first time I tried the Summer Ale oddly enough was in Boston a few years ago. The locals there just refer to is a "Summa". After I had finished my first Summa, the bartender asked me, "Yo bud, ya want anotha Summa". Geez I love that town.:thumb:

Yep. My sister bought me the variety pack. I liked the Sam Adams Light and Summer Ale. The regular Sam Adams is ok. There was some fruity one that I didn't care for, and the Winter Ale just wasn't for me. I used to be strictly Bud/Bud Light, but I've been expanding my tastes the last couple years. I've learned that dark beers and green bottles aren't for me.

I like to make my own black and tans, so currently I am drinking a black and tan consisting of a French beer "Kronenbourg" (the tan), and a Harpoon Chocolate Stout (the black). Lovely I must say.

Sounds fabulous. I love a black smith. Guinness and Smithwicks.

Agree with you on the Cakebread Chard. Buttery toast! I am not a huge Chard fan, but I like Rombauer as well for a similar price point. If I have to drink white I am going German Auslese Riesling or super sweet French Sauternes.

Not a fan of the sweeter wines. Finding out that among my friends , I stand alone on that issue.:idunno:

I like to make my own black and tans, so currently I am drinking a black and tan consisting of a French beer "Kronenbourg" (the tan), and a Harpoon Chocolate Stout (the black). Lovely I must say.

You like it strong don't you, but it does sound so good! :thumb: