What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Adams Winter Lager:

The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.

One of my local watering holes had this on special last week, and I tried a few. Not bad at all. :thumb:

You know I could never get my father-in-law to drink what I call good beer. He drank Old Milwaukee or Bud Light and wouldn't even try one of the beers I would bring over to his home at times. He just felt it wasn't worth the money to drink good beer. Now if it were a quality steak he was all over it, but good beer never and I could never figure that out.

Miss him a lot!

Cool; thanks for the info. Not an import, but a microbrew. Sounds like some good stuff. If I can't get it in Lexington, I am heading your way to try it out.

Liquor barn has it in the 5L mini kegs, so I'm guessing they have it in the bottle too. Hope you like hops. This is an excellent IPA. Pazzos has it on tap.

I am currently enjoying Fonseca Bin #27 Porto. Perfect for a snow-in. Deep ruby color, distinctive plum and cherry flavor and a little sweet raisin. Full body with good sweet alcohol finish.

:D

What's the deal with wine in a box anyway? I have been meaning to ask someone this for a couple weeks now. For some reason on tv shows, or other things in pop culture I have seen a lot of stuff come up about wine in a box, and jokes concerning it. Could someone please explain to me what is up with the whole wine in a box thing?

The wife and I usually purchase a box of wine every week, it's much more affordable. Most of the cheaper wines run around $9 ofr a 750ml. A box contains four 750's and you will usually only spend between $16-20. It's much cheaper for the packaging so it's a pretty good value. Right now I'm sipping on Turning Leaf Reserve, 2007 Pinot Noir. It has hints of Black Cherry, Cinnamon and Rasberry. Pretty good stuff.

Does anyone like the Kentucky Ale Beer? Have had a few and it wasn't bad, not something that I would drink a lot but....not bad.

Link

It's ok, no better. On the other hand, the Kentucky Bourbon Ale is atrocious. I've had stale vomit tastes trapped in my mouth after a hard night of partying (in my youth of course) that tasted better jmo.