2009 All BluegrassPreps.com team

Katfish

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all players who made the team and a special congrats to Neil Wilson a fine young man as well as a top notch football player capable of playing D-1 ball.

Congrats to Neil Wilson and Monroe County on his selection! What an outstanding player and fine young man. I wasn't able to get to him after the semi-final at Clarksville, but spoke with him at the 2A state championship as he and many other Monroe County Falcons were sitting with the FC fans. I congratulated him on his fine game from the week before and I was impressed by his respectful responses and humble personality. I wish him the best in all his future goals.

FC played 15 different teams last season and Neil Wilson is the only player we faced that made me walk away from the game wishing we had "that guy" on our team!!

Congratulations to all the fine young men that made this prestigious team!!

The BGP list is the true standard of excellence!

Special congrats to Antonio Andrews, Anthony Topps, & Tre Powell!!

Antonio and Anthony you will be missed.

Tre we can't wait to see what you will do next year, you are the best athlete at FC on a team that included Mr. Football.

Any of these off the top of my head.

Glaser - St. X

Mueller - HHS

Salmons - Lawrence County

Lucas - Somerset

Wyatt - Paducah Tilghman

IMO, Salmons and Lucas are the only two that would enter argument. The others did great jobs but returned a lot of talent. Wyatt did a great job to get PT on a roll but the first of the year kind of decries the notion of "Coach of the Year" IMO. :thumb:

And your pick would be?

Why did he derserve it?

Serious question, I obviously cannot follow LO too closely so maybe there is something I've missed but LO has talent, great talent. They had the game won (STATE). They are one dimensional, hence the loss. I'm not saying he isn't a great coach, but I feel there those I named were more worthy this year.

IMO, Salmons and Lucas are the only two that would enter argument. The others did great jobs but returned a lot of talent. Wyatt did a great job to get PT on a roll but the first of the year kind of decries the notion of "Coach of the Year" IMO. :thumb:

Haven't there been plenty of teams with a lot of talent that failed to have the success that Highlands and X did this year? Talent is great, but if people think talent without great coaching guarantees success, they are greatly mistaken. Furthermore, in the case of Mueller, he lost his starting qb after the 6th game (who was replaced by a sophomore that barely played any qb as a frosh) and lost the best running back (and athlete) on the team for 4 games, yet the Birds didn't miss a beat. That's a testament to great coaching, I'd think. Furthermore, his team beat a pretty good GCL team this year, had his team ranked as high as 2 nationally in one poll, and was named National Coach of the Year.

I've got no problem with Haskins being named coach of the year, as he has done an outstanding job at LO. I just don't think one can summarily dismiss Mueller's accomplishments (or Glaser's either) using the logic that it's easy to accomplish what they accomplish because of their talent. Based upon the reaction of some LO fans on the message boards to the various all state teams, evidently LO must have had a whole lot of talent this year too!:D

Haven't there been plenty of teams with a lot of talent that failed to have the success that Highlands and X did this year? Talent is great, but if people think talent without great coaching guarantees success are greatly mistaken. Furthermore, in the case of Mueller, he lost his starting qb after the 6 game (who was replaced by a sophomore that barely played any qb as a frosh) and lost the best running back (and athlete) on the team for 4 games, yet the Birds didn't miss a beat. That's a testament to great coaching, I'd think. Furthermore, his team beat a pretty good GCL team this year, had his team ranked as high as 2 nationally in one poll, and was named National Coach of the Year.

I've got no problem with Haskins being named coach of the year, as he has done an outstanding job at LO. I just don't think one can summarily dismiss Mueller's accomplishments (or Glaser's either) using the logic that it's easy to accomplish what they accomplish because of their talent. Based upon the reaction of some LO fans on the message boards to the various all state teams, evidently LO must have had a whole lot of talent this year too!:D

Agreed, brother. :thumb: :ylsuper:

Glaser - St. X

Mueller - HHS

Lucas - Somerset

Wyatt - Paducah Tilghman

There is absolutely no one in western Kentucky with any objectivity that would rate the coaching job Wyatt did over the one that Haskins did last season.

Why did he derserve it?

Serious question, I obviously cannot follow LO too closely so maybe there is something I've missed but LO has talent, great talent. They had the game won (STATE). They are one dimensional, hence the loss. I'm not saying he isn't a great coach, but I feel there those I named were more worthy this year.

Do you know anyone in the state that considered Lone Oak a legitimate state title contender last season? I don't know anyone in western Kentucky that did, including myself.

Haskins took a team that had lost two Division I players in the last two years, guys that were the centerpieces of the offense, and rebuilt a powerful unit around a quarterback that had exactly one career start before this year and had been primarily a receiver.

Not to mention that he took a program that was a perennial bottom-feeder and has taken it to the state championship game in two of the last three seasons.

One dimensional?

Didn't Salmons take and 0 and something team from last year and turn them into a team with a winning record this year?

I'll have to dig, but I thought that was discussed on here this past season.

Yes, Lawrence County made a great turnaround. They finished 12-1 against a pretty soft schedule, and their 41-0 loss to Bell County was an indication of that.

I suspect Salmons got some consideration for the award ... there was no clear-cut choice.

Glaser - St. X

Mueller - HHS

Lucas - Somerset

Wyatt - Paducah Tilghman

All the teams you have named have long storied histories of success in football. Lone Oak was the equivalent of a middle school team playing a high school schedule before Haskins. There is no way you can argue against the team and program that he's built at Lone Oak.

Ask yourselves this question: Of these schools, Highlands, St. X, Lawrence Co., Somerset, Tilghman, and Lone Oak, which school is the most unlikely to end up in two state finals in three years?