Leach Suspended for Alamo Bowl

WCM

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I had a concussion playing college ball. I told the trainer that the lights were killing me- everytime I opened my eyes it felt like someone was hitting me upside the head with a hammer. The trainer told me to go into a closet- it was dark and that way I could open my eyes and clam down a bit. I was in there for a half hour to an hour or so.

I feel that there are three sides to this story and the one side that matters the most, the truth, lies somewhere in between Leech's statements and the James family's statements.

Some are speculating that TT rushed to suspend him and potentially fire him soon in order to avoid paying him his $800k bonus that will be owed if he is the head coach on 12.31.09.

Of course if they fire him they would owe him about $1.6M.

Bring him back to Kentucky...

He was here with Hal Bumme and his "upstanding :rolleyes:" group and we saw how that one worked out :D.

Also, U.K. just got rid of one Texas drunk and certainly don't want to bring in another one in Leach....."Otis II".:ohbrother:

Edited by oldrambler

When I first heard this earlier, I felt like something was missing.

Maybe Leach just suggested it. The kid shouldn't have gone if he didn't want to, I doubt Leach was forcing him to do this. If the light was hurting him, personally, I don't think it's such a bad idea in the first place. It just so happens that "broom closet" sounds like torture. If the kid was placed in a dark movie theater for 3 hours would this even be a story? I'm sure the trainer was checking on him and making sure he was ok, anyways. In this case, he's innocent until I proven guilty. Until more comes out, these are my thoughts for now.

"Because of the fact that he had a concussion and he was extremely limited in the physical activity he could undergo, Mike felt like that was the best place for him and still be close to and part of the team,'' Liggett told the paper. "There's much, much more than meets the eye. The diagnosing doctor has signed a note stating that Adam James was in no way injured by the actions coach Leach took. In fact, he was better off in the building than he would have been outside."

As for the player, Liggett told the AP: "I believe that [Adam James] was a disgruntled student athlete that like many were not happy with their playing time." (James finished the regular season 10th on the team in receptions, with 17.) The Avalanche Journal reported that "Leach also told officials James was a slacker, and his father was always calling and acting like a Little League dad."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/12/29/texas.tech.leach/?cnn=yes