Highlands v. Boyle County

LUCK

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyle was a solid team, but, wouldn't stay within 3 touchdowns of Highlands, imo. I know they beat Lone Oak, but, I think the Flash was the more talented of the 2 teams. Boyle was the better coached and they made the halftime adjustments to pull things out. Lone Oak isn't Highlands though.

Boyle was a solid team, but, wouldn't stay within 3 touchdowns of Highlands, imo. I know they beat Lone Oak, but, I think the Flash was the more talented of the 2 teams. Boyle was the better coached and they made the halftime adjustments to pull things out. Lone Oak isn't Highlands though.
Agreed. The result would be much like the Birds' five playoff games this season.

Boyle County and Highlands are tied at 2-2 in this series I believe. I would welcome a Highlands return to the same class as Boyle County. To be the best you have to beat the best. I'd love this match up.

Well, technically speaking, Boyle County holds a 3-1 head-to-head advantage, since HHS had to forfeit their 2004 regular-season win over BC. HHS lost to BC twice in 2003 (regular season game and state title game); HHS beat BC in the 2004 state title game, and HHS beat BC "on the field" during the 2004 regular season, but later had to forfeit this one.

There are a lot of similarities between these two programs, and I have no doubt that a renewed rivalry between these two would elevate both teams' play.

Boyle County and Highlands are tied at 2-2 in this series I believe. I would welcome a Highlands return to the same class as Boyle County. To be the best you have to beat the best. I'd love this match up.

Agreed. Highlands looked nice in the game Friday, but by no means are they untouchable. Would be a very competitive game for sure.

With some posters on here, you could put Boyle against whoever and they'll pick "whoever" just about every time. Not sure if it's sour grapes over a past loss or just don't like giving a good team their dues. Look back at previous BC game prediction threads and you'll put 2 ans 2 together. With the history that Highlands and Boyle both have and the recurring talent pool, I don't see how anyone could discard either team. Great teams (and fans) don't trash great teams, they just strive to play better competition each and every year.

With some posters on here, you could put Boyle against whoever and they'll pick "whoever" just about every time. Not sure if it's sour grapes over a past loss or just don't like giving a good team their dues. Look back at previous BC game prediction threads and you'll put 2 ans 2 together. With the history that Highlands and Boyle both have and the recurring talent pool, I don't see how anyone could discard either team. Great teams (and fans) don't trash great teams, they just strive to play better competition each and every year.

Not trashing any teams game just saying that Boyle's passing wouldn't allow them to beat Highlands. This is all my O. Boyle beat us fair and square no sour grapes here.