Chris Henry

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope its not his last game in a Bengals uniform. However is anyone else really worried about the offense now that he is out? This offense going all the way back to 2005 just hasn't been the same when he is not playing. In 2005 and 2006 when he was playing was when the offense was at its best. 2007 he missed half the season and that is when the offense started going down hill. Then last year he missed a couple games, and then well Palmer being out. Now this year earlier in the year he wasn't playing as much, and lately he has been playing more and the offense really seemed to start clicking. Today after he got hurt, the offense did nothing. So I am kinda worried about how the offense will respond to this, because they just seemed to finally be getting it going again until his injury.

Also do we know for sure he is out of the year? I know the announcers said they think he might be out for the year, and everywhere I read it seems they say they don't know how long he will be out. Does anyone know how long this usually takes to recover from? This is a chance for us to see Simpson now though, and if he can step up and play like the 2nd round pick he was when given a chance.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Injury-update-Henry-could-be-done-Rivers-not-serious/38a35792-0bb6-4ff8-a733-f8bf94dc4e1d

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry suffered a fractured left forearm Sunday during the 17-7 win over the Ravens, a tough injury that typically involves two bones and some require season-ending surgery to insert plates. Just go off what happened to Bengals safety Roy Williams when he suffered a similar injury last year and missed the rest of the season after injuring it again in his third game and undergoing surgery.

There is about .001% chance he play again this year.

I would imagine he stays here.

I hope so, especially because of all the chances the organization has gave him. However he has been like a 3rd/4th receiver here this year. You got to believe some teams are going to go after him and probably make him a #2 receiver. Chad, Caldwell are going to be here, Coles is signed for 3 years, and they have Simpson who they used as a second round pick. So it could be interesting to see if he is back here next year. I know I really hope he is back, because the offense is better when he plays.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Injury-update-Henry-could-be-done-Rivers-not-serious/38a35792-0bb6-4ff8-a733-f8bf94dc4e1d

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry suffered a fractured left forearm Sunday during the 17-7 win over the Ravens, a tough injury that typically involves two bones and some require season-ending surgery to insert plates. Just go off what happened to Bengals safety Roy Williams when he suffered a similar injury last year and missed the rest of the season after injuring it again in his third game and undergoing surgery.

There is about .001% chance he play again this year.

Well crap that really sucks. That is bad luck, because the fall didn't even look to bad. I feel bad for him because he started to get his life back on track, and was starting to play more again. Hopefully he does wear the Bengals uniform again and comes back better than ever whenever it is.

Now this is Jerome Simpson's chance to prove it wasn't a wasted pick, when he gets a chance to get on the field some when they spread it out.

After the game they were saying Purify would be activated. At this point the Bengals lost their #4 WR. He had been passed by Caldwell anyway. They'll miss his ability to stretch the field.

Henry probably was not a true #4 receiver, he was in the game a lot lately. They used him on offense 60 percent of the time. It seemed like we seen him in for Coles a lot the last couple of games. Him being out does hurt this offense, when he is on the field it opens up things so much.