November 9, 200916 yr Carson said that Maurice Purify is much more likely to be the next WR activated, not Simpson. Yes. looks like Purify will step in. Don't know what Simpson's deal is, sounds like he just isn't getting it.
November 9, 200916 yr I think as far as upside this is a hit to the team, but Henry has only had 12 receptions for 236 yards this season with 2 td's. That production should be able to be replaced by Purify or Simpson. I am not discrediting Henry or his size but he just has not been a pivotal part of this offense. I think its a shame that he is hurt but this should not stop this team from moving the ball.
November 9, 200916 yr Could have been Henry's last game in a Bengals uniform, I believe he is a free agent after this year. Could be blessing in disguise. Hopefully we can sign him for a cheaper price now. Edited November 9, 200916 yr by bugatti
November 9, 200916 yr Henry probably was not a true #4 receiver, he was in the game a lot lately. They used him on offense 60 percent of the time. It seemed like we seen him in for Coles a lot the last couple of games. Him being out does hurt this offense, when he is on the field it opens up things so much. I don't agree with this. Coles had quite a few touches lately. Including quite a few before Henry's injury yesterday.
November 9, 200916 yr I don't agree with this. Coles had quite a few touches lately. Including quite a few before Henry's injury yesterday. Coles had has best game of the season yesterday.
November 9, 200916 yr Author I don't agree with this. Coles had quite a few touches lately. Including quite a few before Henry's injury yesterday. Coles had has best game of the season yesterday. Coles did have a good game, but how did the offense do after Henry got hurt? I think the series he got hurt on was the series that led to a field goal. So after that how well did the offense do without him? Not good. How well did the offense do earlier in the year when he wasn't playing much? Not that great. How well has the offense started doing when he started playing more? Started improving and really took off against the Bears, and the Ravens before his injury. Shoot since the Bengals have had Chris Henry how well has the offense done when he is not playing? Not as good. I think Chris Henry not playing hurts the offense more than you all want to think unless one of these other guys fill in nicely. Even if he was not making the catch, when he is on the field teams know he is a deep threat so they had to watch out for that and that opens up other things. Hopefully one of these other receivers like a Purify or Simpson end up being a pleasant surprise though and can fill in to that role that Henry had.
November 9, 200916 yr Coles did have a good game, but how did the offense do after Henry got hurt? I think the series he got hurt on was the series that led to a field goal. So after that how well did the offense do without him? Not good. How well did the offense do earlier in the year when he wasn't playing much? Not that great. How well has the offense started doing when he started playing more? Started improving and really took off against the Bears, and the Ravens before his injury. Shoot since the Bengals have had Chris Henry how well has the offense done when he is not playing? Not as good. I think Chris Henry not playing hurts the offense more than you all want to think unless one of these other guys fill in nicely. Even if he was not making the catch, when he is on the field teams know he is a deep threat so they had to watch out for that and that opens up other things. Hopefully one of these other receivers like a Purify or Simpson end up being a pleasant surprise though and can fill in to that role that Henry had. Where did you get your stat that he had 60% of the snaps? I'm not saying you are wrong I just do not think he has been playing anything outside of sparingly all season. The offense looked pretty good against Green Bay when he was rarely on the field. They also scored 23 on a tough Steelers team with him playing rarely. Your argument that the offense stalled without him is irrelevant. That was due more to Bratkowski than any of the players.
November 9, 200916 yr Author Where did you get your stat that he had 60% of the snaps? I'm not saying you are wrong I just do not think he has been playing anything outside of sparingly all season. On Bengals.com they talked about that, and had an interview with Marvin Lewis after the Bears game I believe. Where he was asked about Henry and playing time, and said Henry is playing about 60 percent of the snaps now on offense. I will go try to find the link to it too. I mean if you go back and look at the games, you will seen Henry started playing more and more each game and was playing a lot more in the Bears game. You seen sometimes that when they had just 3 wideouts in they had him in for Coles. They definitely were starting to use him more, and Marvin even said it himself. Obviously 60 percent is only a little bit more than half the plays of the game, however as I said having him in there just opens things up more even if he was not catching a pass. What worries me the most though is during the two minute drills at the end of halfs that we have been so successful on this year. He was on the field for most of those plays because we would spread it out. So having someone who represents that deep threat, and run that deep in so well like he does is going to be hard to replace. As I said hopefully though one of these young guys can fill in and be a surprise and do very well for us when we need them.
November 9, 200916 yr On Bengals.com they talked about that, and had an interview with Marvin Lewis after the Bears game I believe. Where he was asked about Henry and playing time, and said Henry is playing about 60 percent of the snaps now on offense. I will go try to find the link to it too. I mean if you go back and look at the games, you will seen Henry started playing more and more each game and was playing a lot more in the Bears game. You seen sometimes that when they had just 3 wideouts in they had him in for Coles. They definitely were starting to use him more, and Marvin even said it himself. Obviously 60 percent is only a little bit more than half the plays of the game, however as I said having him in there just opens things up more even if he was not catching a pass. What worries me the most though is during the two minute drills at the end of halfs that we have been so successful on this year. He was on the field for most of those plays because we would spread it out. So having someone who represents that deep threat, and run that deep in so well like he does is going to be hard to replace. As I said hopefully though one of these young guys can fill in and be a surprise and do very well for us when we need them. You got that right.:thumb: No need for a link I just hadn't heard that yet.
November 10, 200916 yr Author Carson said that Maurice Purify is much more likely to be the next WR activated, not Simpson. After the game they were saying Purify would be activated. At this point the Bengals lost their #4 WR. He had been passed by Caldwell anyway. They'll miss his ability to stretch the field. Yes. looks like Purify will step in. Don't know what Simpson's deal is, sounds like he just isn't getting it. Just wanted to let you all know that Marvin said that Simpson is going to be the one who gets the shot at the 4th receiver spot. There is also a possibility that Purify will be added from the practice squad, but it doesn't me he will dress on game day. I just know I hope whoever does fill that spot, comes out and ends up being a pleasant surprise and does really well for us. It would be key for one of them to help out in the 2 minute drill, because that is a spot where we will really miss Henry.
November 10, 200916 yr I said when he was drafted that Simpson had the goods to top Chad Johnson in this organizations history. For the time being it looks like that might be Caldwell if it's a current Bengal. Hopefully Simpson can revive those thoughts I had of him. It's his time to shine.
November 10, 200916 yr I just hope Chris doesn't go out and start hanging out with that old crowd again and get into trouble while not being on the field.
November 10, 200916 yr I said when he was drafted that Simpson had the goods to top Chad Johnson in this organizations history. For the time being it looks like that might be Caldwell if it's a current Bengal. Hopefully Simpson can revive those thoughts I had of him. It's his time to shine. What are you basing Simpson's future on??
November 10, 200916 yr What are you basing Simpson's future on?? His ability. I saw him play more than once in college and the kid is/was a stud. Even saw him in person once. He has hands that are like stick-um.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.