December 14, 200916 yr Where's the pat futurecoach on the back icon when you need one? Anybody who was familiar with the Bengals knew how crucial Chris Henry was in the passing game. It's disappointing that, since Henry has gone down, we've ceased taking shots downfield though. Maybe Marvin is Saving some plays for the Playoffs...:idunno: I know all games mean something in the NFL season,but this game was a toss up...If the Bengals can can win the next two out of three...Anything can happen...It's December and The Bungals are 9-4...
December 14, 200916 yr Henry will help the passing game but the offensive coordinator has to have a passing system in place.
December 14, 200916 yr Author Henry will help the passing game but the offensive coordinator has to have a passing system in place. I agree their offensive coordinator is horrible. However when their is only one receiver that can get open, it doesn't help matters either.
December 14, 200916 yr Apparently most of the Bengal fans on this board didn't know this. It seemed like I was one of the few people, who was worried about the offense once he went down. People only looked at his numbers and figured he would be easy to replace. They didn't think about how him just being on the field opened up a lot of things for the offense and the other receivers. SiI know I really think they should at least givempson a shot now. Who knows maybe he will end up being a surprise and do better than expected. No one knows how he will do unless given a shot, and at this I think its worth a try. There has to be a reason why undrafted FAs are seeing the field and Simpson is not even dressing for the games. Evidently he isn't very good or not picking up the offense. As vanilla as the Bengal's O is, I will lean towards not very good.:ohbrother:
December 14, 200916 yr There has to be a reason why undrafted FAs are seeing the field and Simpson is not even dressing for the games. Evidently he isn't very good or not picking up the offense. As vanilla as the Bengal's O is, I will lean towards not very good.:ohbrother: :thumb: If he can't crack the lineup right now, then its obvious that they simply missed on him or he's developing at a snail's pace.
December 14, 200916 yr Author There has to be a reason why undrafted FAs are seeing the field and Simpson is not even dressing for the games. Evidently he isn't very good or not picking up the offense. As vanilla as the Bengal's O is, I will lean towards not very good.:ohbrother: I think it could the same reason why Coffman wasn't playing and he doesn't block. I really wish they would have gave Coffman a chance. They could have just used him on passing down and put him in the slot as a receiver. Our TE's absolutely kill us. There is one thing we have seen with Marvin, if there is something Marvin don't like about you especially as a rookie he won't play you much. So I think him maybe not being a good blocker is one of the reasons too. I mean most teams would have at least given a second round pick a chance by now, sometimes a guy would do more in a game than he shows in practice. I think it would be at least worth a shot. I mean its not like he can do much worst than the guys playing in front of him right now.
December 16, 200916 yr Im a HUGE Chris Henry fan. I hope he stays. But then again I also dont wanna see my 80 bucks go down the drain that I paid for his jersey.
December 16, 200916 yr Author I think it could the same reason why Coffman wasn't playing and he doesn't block. I really wish they would have gave Coffman a chance. They could have just used him on passing down and put him in the slot as a receiver. Our TE's absolutely kill us. There is one thing we have seen with Marvin, if there is something Marvin don't like about you especially as a rookie he won't play you much. So I think him maybe not being a good blocker is one of the reasons too. I mean most teams would have at least given a second round pick a chance by now, sometimes a guy would do more in a game than he shows in practice. I think it would be at least worth a shot. I mean its not like he can do much worst than the guys playing in front of him right now. Apparently the Bengals are having the same thought process as me, because Simpson will be dressing this week.
December 16, 200916 yr Apparently the Bengals are having the same thought process as me, because Simpson will be dressing this week. :lol: :ohbrother:
December 16, 200916 yr Author My bet CH will test the Market, but not sure what he will garner... Well obviously getting hurt probably hurt him a little bit when it comes to money. However if he is smart he will at least look around. I am not sure if the Bengals will ever let him be more than a third receiver, while with another team. He might have a chance to be the #2 receiver for teams who need help at receiver. IMO though the Bengals need to do whatever they can to bring him back. When is in the game, the whole Bengals offense is better. Its been that way since 2005, so I think it would be very important for them to sign him back. The one good thing is obviously Mike Brown likes him, so they probably won't let him just walk without trying.
December 16, 200916 yr Author :lol: :ohbrother: I have seen everyone on here liking to toot their own horn when they are right about something. So I am going to do that too, especially when most people thought I was wrong. You can guarntee that if Simpson does well, that I will do the same about that too. :thumb:
December 16, 200916 yr I have seen everyone on here liking to toot their own horn when they are right about something. So I am going to do that too, especially when most people thought I was wrong. You can guarntee that if Simpson does well, that I will do the same about that too. :thumb: :idunno: Every Bengal fan in the world has been wondering if and when Simpson would get a chance.
December 16, 200916 yr Author :idunno: Every Bengal fan in the world has been wondering if and when Simpson would get a chance. Yeah but not many have been saying that they should go ahead and give him a chance, since obviously what they are doing is not working right now. I mean I know I didn't see anyone else on here, really saying it is time for them to at least give Simpson a shot.
December 16, 200916 yr Yeah but not many have been saying that they should go ahead and give him a chance, since obviously what they are doing is not working right now. I mean I know I didn't see anyone else on here, really saying it is time for them to at least give Simpson a shot. It was time to give him a shot last year when we were terrible.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.