Florida 23 Arkansas 20

swamprat

I can't think of a team in recent years that has dominated every opponent they have played for the entire season. No one is this decade I don't believe, not even '01 Miami or those USC teams. Games like the Arkansas game tell you more about a team IMO than beating UK or Vandy by 30. Good teams pull out these kinds of games.

UF was outplayed Saturday and still found a way to win. That speaks to the make-up of the team a little bit IMO.

Arkansas did a good job of containing UF's offense, which was basically born at Arkansas...

If you are refering to the fact FL run game is based off the days of Smith/Petrino/Lennehan than as stated before the run game was bron from UofL not Arkansas. Meyer has been running the same offense since his days at Bowling Green. The only addition I think is he is running veer now and is using more unbalanced then his Utah/Bowling Green days.

Now the personal foul penalty makes you scratch your head. The only thing I can think of past it just being a bad call is that the whistle had blown the play dead and the Arkansas kid just had the bad luck of getting a good enough hit to send the kid to the ground. If the FL guy stays up I think you do not see the penalty flag thrown. On the replays you can not hear the whistle which can be a piece that plays into the whole penalty.

If you are refering to the fact FL run game is based off the days of Smith/Petrino/Lennehan than as stated before the run game was bron from UofL not Arkansas. Meyer has been running the same offense since his days at Bowling Green. The only addition I think is he is running veer now and is using more unbalanced then his Utah/Bowling Green days.

Now the personal foul penalty makes you scratch your head. The only thing I can think of past it just being a bad call is that the whistle had blown the play dead and the Arkansas kid just had the bad luck of getting a good enough hit to send the kid to the ground. If the FL guy stays up I think you do not see the penalty flag thrown. On the replays you can not hear the whistle which can be a piece that plays into the whole penalty.

They didn't run as much Counter Trey at BG and at Utah either did they? I haven't seen it much that I can remember on the old cut-ups, and they didn't have it on the video they put out while still at Utah.

The 30 yds of penalties on that drive is what won the game for Fl. The pass interference call was awful and the personal foul was worse. The Fl player was running at the guy to block him and he got nailed instead. By the way there was an official standing right beside the play watching it all and he didn't throw a flag. Also the non pass interference call on the Fl wide receiver in the end zone was questionable at best. The sec must have decided to do whatever needs to be done to keep any upsets from happening. Just like the bad call of holding changed the outcome on Cobbs run last week. Ky wins the game if the play stands. There, got that off my chest.:lol:

Meyer has started to use more of an H back the past 2 years or so at FL. So I guess you are right over the past 2 years or so they have started to run more power/counter trey. They run less zone read and option and more power/counter. Once Tebow leaves I expect a little bit less of this. When you look at what they do it is 1000 looks to run power/counter. From a coaching POV FL is fun to watch in the run game. Very systematic in how they approach things.

Meyer has started to use more of an H back the past 2 years or so at FL. So I guess you are right over the past 2 years or so they have started to run more power/counter trey. They run less zone read and option and more power/counter. Once Tebow leaves I expect a little bit less of this. When you look at what they do it is 1000 looks to run power/counter. From a coaching POV FL is fun to watch in the run game. Very systematic in how they approach things.

I wasn't trying to question you or anything there. I know that you have been looking at Meyer's offense for a longer amount of time than I have, I just hadn't seen much counter or power with his earlier teams.

I agree with everything you said here. To me, UF's offensive philosophy is flawless, I think it is the best thing going (though I know all offenses work, etc., etc.). I love all of the "window-dressing" they use to run the same 4 or 5 run plays. A few people have told me that they are a little boring to watch this year, I don't buy it. I think if you really enjoy looking at what these teams are doing schematically there is no more enjoyable offense to look at than Meyers.

CatsCatsCats: Sometimes tone does not come across. I did not take offense at all from the question. I agree completely with what you said. I love talking scheme. I am glad you brought up the point you did. It was not until you asked the question I realized that the power game has been more of a focus/addition with Tebow. If you want to trade cutups/tapes send me a PM

Meyer is one heck of a coach. Not just on offense but how he runs his program. Has no one else noticed how they kickoff? If not look at it. They have everyone within about 2/3rds of the field. What gets me is the other team HAS to know what is coming and still are not stopping it. When they go empty with 4 wide to Tebow's left it is QB draw. When you see certain formations you know what is coming and you still can not stop it.

CatsCatsCats: Sometimes tone does not come across. I did not take offense at all from the question. I agree completely with what you said. I love talking scheme. I am glad you brought up the point you did. It was not until you asked the question I realized that the power game has been more of a focus/addition with Tebow. If you want to trade cutups/tapes send me a PM

Meyer is one heck of a coach. Not just on offense but how he runs his program. Has no one else noticed how they kickoff? If not look at it. They have everyone within about 2/3rds of the field. What gets me is the other team HAS to know what is coming and still are not stopping it. When they go empty with 4 wide to Tebow's left it is QB draw. When you see certain formations you know what is coming and you still can not stop it.

Will do.