Campbell County / Covington Catholic Predictions

Who wins on Friday?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Friday?

• Campbell County
    • Covington Catholic

From looking at the most recent NKY Top Ten Northern Kentucky Regional Contest responses, the forum seems to be a fairly split on who's going to win in the Campbell County / Cov Cath matchup. Any specific thoughts on the outcome?

I'd have to give the W to Cov Cath, personally. However, I would say, as evidenced in the Colonels' last 3 games, Campbell County should be able to put up some decent offensive numbers against them.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath seems to have a very solid offense, and their defense looks to have been what's lacking in the last two games - particularly against La Salle.

Not having heard (or read) much about Campbell County at present, what are the Camels' major strengths? I take it they have a gifted defense? What kind of game do they play?

I've heard Kremer (QB for CCHS) has improved a ton from last season and is really a big threat on offense. I've also heard Coach Styer has his team in the mindset that this CovCath team is as good as ever, and not to overlook them at all. If he indeed has them going into this thinking that, then I think they'll come out with a win in a 1 TD win, 28 to 21. If they go in thinking they're going to walk all over CovCath they may get surprised, because CovCath is down, but they aren't out. If they can't contain Erpenbeck running, especially on third downs, they're in trouble. I haven't seen Campbell County personally, but someone who has seen both teams has said Campbell County has the edge and should win this, but I think this one has the potential to be down to the wire.

I've heard Kremer (QB for CCHS) has improved a ton from last season and is really a big threat on offense. I've also heard Coach Styer has his team in the mindset that this CovCath team is as good as ever, and not to overlook them at all. If he indeed has them going into this thinking that, then I think they'll come out with a win in a 1 TD win, 28 to 21. If they go in thinking they're going to walk all over CovCath they may get surprised, because CovCath is down, but they aren't out. If they can't contain Erpenbeck running, especially on third downs, they're in trouble. I haven't seen Campbell County personally, but someone who has seen both teams has said Campbell County has the edge and should win this, but I think this one has the potential to be down to the wire.

If you go here: http://www.campbellcountyfootball.com/ (scroll down) you will see exactly what Coach Styer says about Cov. Cath. This team is not looking pass Cov. Cath. I think they (Campbell Co.) will come out and play a very good game (I hope they do).

I honestly wouldn’t say CCH’s defensive is that bad. Against Ryle they gave up that first big run, then held them to 6 points rest of the half. And it didn’t help that they were on the field 35 minutes out of a 48-minute game. Against Lex Cath, LC had the ball on their side of the field most of the 1st half and CCH’s Defensive held pretty good, minus some offensive miscues, CCH should have won that game. Lex Cath didn’t beat them because they were the better team, Cov cath just couldn’t execute or make the big plays when needed. And La Salle, they aren’t an Elder or a Moeller or St.X, but they are very talented on offensive, this game showed CCH’s lack of athleticism of defensive, but lets get that facts straight, Campbell is a good team but they aren’t a La sale on the aspect of talent, I think CCH will turn the table this game and take the next 4.

CCH – 35

CCHS - 14

I honestly wouldn’t say CCH’s defensive is that bad. Against Ryle they gave up that first big run, then held them to 6 points rest of the half. And it didn’t help that they were on the field 35 minutes out of a 48-minute game. Against Lex Cath, LC had the ball on their side of the field most of the 1st half and CCH’s Defensive held pretty good, minus some offensive miscues, CCH should have won that game. Lex Cath didn’t beat them because they were the better team, Cov cath just couldn’t execute or make the big plays when needed. And La Salle, they aren’t an Elder or a Moeller or St.X, but they are very talented on offensive, this game showed CCH’s lack of athleticism of defensive, but lets get that facts straight, Campbell is a good team but they aren’t a La sale on the aspect of talent, I think CCH will turn the table this game and take the next 4.

CCH – 35

CCHS - 14

WOW, only 14 pts. for CCHS. They put 31 up on a good Roger Bacon team.

I’m not down playing CCHS victory, but Roger Bacon isn’t that good. They just don’t have that much talent, with how kids are recruited in Cincinnati to play, if you are truly a good player, you will be going to Elder, St.Xavier, Moeller or La Salle. I’m not saying they don’t every now and again have good players but the past 3 to 4 years they have been very down.

Campbell Co is not La Salle. Don’t get me wrong, La Salle is not a great team this year but they have athletes and are very fast. If CC just throws the ball I believe that will give CCH an advantage. What CCH has trouble with is their linebacker getting back into coverage and if they don’t have to worry about the run then they shouldn’t have a problem. I am sorry; I am having a hard time accepting that CC has more talent than CCH. If CC beats CCH, I will be the first one on here giving them credit for their win, but I have a hard time seeing CC even competing with CCH. If CCH was 3 – 0 everyone would be on here saying no chance CC beats CCH, but CCH is 0 – 3, but they were never blown out and that’s what these good coaches have done. This senior class has no since of winning, they have gone 5 – 7 back to back years and suffered some of the worst losses in CCH history. My point is don’t count this CCH team out. Are they the most athletic? No, but they are working hard and their coaches are coaching them hard. This senior class was so far behind on simple things such as linebackers reading the run or how to shed a block and these coaches had to ret each thing that were taught freshmen year. This is one of the disadvantages of having 3 coaches in 4 years. I really believe this CC game will be CCH’s “coming out party” and they will turn their season around. No, I am not saying they are going to come out and beat Highlands, Louis St.Xavier and win a state championship. But I guarantee everyone one thing. This CCH team might loose games, but they will never be blown out.