Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest

Demling does a good job with the resources that he has at his disposal. To attempt to cover tournaments and get good looks at the # of individual players is an almost impossible task. Trying to get looks at the local players and still maintain a national flavor to cover potential high major targets would be extremely difficult. The Lexington and Louisville papers have always done a good job covering the high school scene. Northern Kentucky has always had to share coverage with Cincinnati and the pro sports scene.

He does do a good job. A really good job of covering the kids that he does cover. I also enjoy reading his blog becase I like to know about all the local kids and I hope they all achieve high success. I know that Jody Demling does a lot for many different kids in regards to publicity and getting their names out there. I just think that sometimes he focuses a tad to much on guys that are being talked about nationally. He seems to focus on the exact same kids in each blog. There are other kids out there that are making noise. I dont mean to sound like a Demling-hater by any means. It just seems that if you are going to mention a kid, you should follow up on them, thats all.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana Elite was without Clark County's Vinny Zollo in the last two games. Coach Mark Adams said he wasn't sure if Zollo would play this week in Memphis.

Good news Vinny is OK. He was experiencing chest pains after the 8:00 game Saturday morning. He went to a Heart Dr today and he has a potassium imbalance. He is not playing in the Memphis tourney, but with some rest and making sure he gets the potassium his body requires he will be back with the Ind. Elite team for the Vegas and LA Tourney's.

Jody Demling is bias IMO. He only reports on the kids from Louisville or Lexington or Indiana. There were many many kids that performed extremely well this weekend from all parts of KY and he doesnt say anything about them. This is a shame IMO.

Don't agree, if you look at his blog, he talks about kids all over the state, east, west, north, south and central.

Not knocking you but, you have been doing a pretty good job reporting on the same group of kids from NKY.:D Glad to hear about them, keep the updates coming!

Along with Bobby S, Matt Trammel, Travis Montgomery, Devonte Bradley, Trevan Brown, and Jake Geisler all had decent showings at Hoopfest in the 16U division, helping their teams reach the "Elite Eight" and the "Final Four". The Northern Kentucky boys may not have been the "Giants" at the tourney, but they sure played just as well if not better than than the best of them from all over.

Did both teams do this in the Gold bracket or one of the consolation brackets?

Don't agree, if you look at his blog, he talks about kids all over the state, east, west, north, south and central.

Not knocking you but, you have been doing a pretty good job reporting on the same group of kids from NKY.:D Glad to hear about them, keep the updates coming!

I report about the kids that I get to watch every highschool season. But, I will also tell you about the kids that I see from all over the state if I get the chance to watch them in a tournament. You say to look at Demlings blog and you will see stuff from kids all over the state, which can be true at times. Rarely do you see anything about any player from up north in the state. But, if you look at his blog on a regular basis, he is generally reporting info about kids from the DSAS or Indiana Elite teams.

My point to this whole thing was this: If your going to write a report about kids to look out for over the summer and those same kids are performing really well, then you should see it as your duty as a reporter to give an update once in a while. You know, for people who dont have the luxury to get out to each tournament over the summer. Instead, we hear about and see the same kids on the blog every week.

The Shining Stars 16's had a heck of a tournament and he barely said 2 words about them. That team is stacked. The NKY Bulldogs took down the best team in the state. Why no report?

Demling is a good writer and I read his pieces on a regular basis. But, It is my opinion, and doesnt have to be yours, that Demling is bias towards certain teams and players. Just like Pat Forde is a Louisville homer! :thumb:

Indiana Elite was without Clark County's Vinny Zollo in the last two games. Coach Mark Adams said he wasn't sure if Zollo would play this week in Memphis.

Good news Vinny is OK. He was experiencing chest pains after the 8:00 game Saturday morning. He went to a Heart Dr today and he has a potassium imbalance. He is not playing in the Memphis tourney, but with some rest and making sure he gets the potassium his body requires he will be back with the Ind. Elite team for the Vegas and LA Tourney's.

Sounded serious when I first started reading this post. I am glad everything is okay with Vinny. The kid is a really solid player and I am glad he'll get to be on the court.

Sounded serious when I first started reading this post. I am glad everything is okay with Vinny. The kid is a really solid player and I am glad he'll get to be on the court.

Glad to hear Vinny will be fine. Chest pains are never anything to take lightly.

Thanks for your concern. It was a long and scary weekend...just not knowing. He is still going to have a stress test next week, just to make sure. The Dr feels with the proper diet, foods rich in potassium, supplements, and a careful watch before and during the game that he gets the fluids he needs, he will be fine.

Again thanks for your concern.

SS Pittman was in the Gold bracket and believe NKY Bulldogs were in the Silver.

I believe SS-Pittman won their bracket and played in Gold and Bulldogs finished 3rd in their pool and played in Bronze.

Solid tournament and good teams were in each of the brackets.

I believe SS-Pittman won their bracket and played in Gold and Bulldogs finished 3rd in their pool and played in Bronze.

Solid tournament and good teams were in each of the brackets.

This is correct. The Bulldogs were in a three way tie in their pool. I agree it was a very solid tournament.

The Shining Star Sports-Pittman team finished with 5 wins and 1 loss for the Hoopfest. They eventually loss to Team Takeover out of Canada in the final four.

Does anyone know anything about the Team Takeover program? They are loaded!! I was told by one of the parents that their power forward is going to Villanova.

The team got great efforts all weekend from their entire roster.

The team finished the season playing great basketball.

Zeke Pike was not playing this weekend because of a prior committment to football training.

The Shining Star Sports-Pittman team finished with 5 wins and 1 loss for the Hoopfest. They eventually loss to Team Takeover out of Canada in the final four.

Does anyone know anything about the Team Takeover program? They are loaded!! I was told by one of the parents that their power forward is going to Villanova.

The team got great efforts all weekend from their entire roster.

The team finished the season playing great basketball.

Zeke Pike was not playing this weekend because of a prior committment to football training.

Glad to hear that SS performed well. I am all about any team from KY making some noise in these national tournaments. I had the opportunity to watch some of their games and Gilbert, Smith, and Schuette were performing pretty well from what I could see.

One of the Shining Stars programs I watched got beat pretty good, but Im not sure who was on this team. They took like a 20 something point loss.

I have heard of this Team Takeover and from what I understand they have a couple of players that have recieved D1 offers. They also won that tournaments Gold bracket if I understand that correctly. So, a loss to them isnt the worst thing that could happen.

The Team Takeover name is a new one this year for a few established AAU programs now working under the same umbrella. The main program is out of DC and is LOADED with high major talent like Jerian Grant (son of Harvey Grant), Victor Oladipo, Mykal Harris and James Anderson. The Canada squad used to go by CIA/Bounce and are the 2nd best AAU program up north behind Grassroots Canada. As this tournament demonstrated, they are loaded at every age group with D1 prospects...