Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Takeover Canada won the 14s, 16s and 17s of the Gold Bracket. I am pretty sure they beat Ind Elite in the finals of the 16s. They beat The Ville in 14s.

Was this last year's CIA Bounce teams?

Does anyone know who #25 was for the U15 team? This kid is a stud.

If your team isn't playing in the tournament and another team needed a player, why not. It's not about winning or losing, it's about getting better.

This could be considered an exception if your team isnt playing. But, if you start with a team and they are playing, where is the loyalty?

And, most of these kids transfer to different teams because of the organization or name, but then they sit behind other players. This doesnt help them get better.

And, lets not kid ourselves. It's very much about winning for the players. If it wasnt, there would be many more teams with lesser talent on each team, and less websites showing record information and which tournaments were won.

I understand taking care of the people who sign your paycheck. I thought Jody was an independent blogger. It makes sense though.

He's a writer for the Louisville Courier-Journal who is paid to cover UL, UK and IU recruiting for the most part with some local flavor sprinkled in...

Along with Bobby S, Matt Trammel, Travis Montgomery, Devonte Bradley, Trevan Brown, and Jake Geisler all had decent showings at Hoopfest in the 16U division, helping their teams reach the "Elite Eight" and the "Final Four". The Northern Kentucky boys may not have been the "Giants" at the tourney, but they sure played just as well if not better than than the best of them from all over.

This could be considered an exception if your team isnt playing. But, if you start with a team and they are playing, where is the loyalty?

And, most of these kids transfer to different teams because of the organization or name, but then they sit behind other players. This doesnt help them get better.

And, lets not kid ourselves. It's very much about winning for the players. If it wasnt, there would be many more teams with lesser talent on each team, and less websites showing record information and which tournaments were won.

It is always about winning. Loyalty to a team is gone when the kids take off their colored wrist bands and can guard who they want. The point is to get as much exposure as possible. Play in front of people who can help you get where you need to be.

Those are the kids Jody is paid to cover...

Then why mention kids to look out for at the beginning of the summer. Then those kids perform and they get no mention. It makes it seem like they arent performing well, when in reality they are, they just dont get mentioned.

Then why mention kids to look out for at the beginning of the summer. Then those kids perform and they get no mention. It makes it seem like they arent performing well, when in reality they are, they just dont get mentioned.

So you'd rather them get zero mention at all???

He's a writer for the Louisville Courier-Journal who is paid to cover UL, UK and IU recruiting for the most part with some local flavor sprinkled in...

I knew he wrote for the courier journal so I would understand the Louisville and Southern Indiana kids. I didn't realize that the Courier covered Lexington also.

I knew he wrote for the courier journal so I would understand the Louisville and Southern Indiana kids. I didn't realize that the Courier covered Lexington also.

Aren't the Lexington kids he follows heavily targets for UK, UL or IU???

Along with Bobby S, Matt Trammel, Travis Montgomery, Devonte Bradley, Trevan Brown, and Jake Geisler all had decent showings at Hoopfest in the 16U division, helping their teams reach the "Elite Eight" and the "Final Four". The Northern Kentucky boys may not have been the "Giants" at the tourney, but they sure played just as well if not better than than the best of them from all over.

I could not agree more with you here. I saw all of these kids play in the Adidas It Takes Five and HoopFest. They all seemed to be really good or atleast really solid players. Some of them deserve more pub then they are getting IMO.

So you'd rather them get zero mention at all???

Well a mention is good. But, dont you think that some follow up would be the just thing to do. They kids were mentioned and some of them are performing fanstatically, yet they get no further word. Some people may construe that is them not performing well, when in fact, they are.

I don't know. I guess they could be considered targets for alot of schools. I don't mean to sound like I am attacking Jody.

Demling does a good job with the resources that he has at his disposal. To attempt to cover tournaments and get good looks at the # of individual players is an almost impossible task. Trying to get looks at the local players and still maintain a national flavor to cover potential high major targets would be extremely difficult. The Lexington and Louisville papers have always done a good job covering the high school scene. Northern Kentucky has always had to share coverage with Cincinnati and the pro sports scene.