Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest

You make it seem like the Bulldogs didnt earn this win. Like it was given to them. I watched this game because I really like what DSAS does, plus that Bulldogs team gives many teams problems, and the NKY Bulldogs went out and took this game. I mean how many top 10 players do you need on one team to get the win? Fant and Shanklin take points away from other players on the floor in this game. And... I was keeping track of Stenzel, big fan, and hes a great player, absolutely no doubt. He did not finish with points in the 20's. He had 13, to 15 at the most.

:confused: Where did you get that from, I didn't even know who they were playing. But I will say that any time you have 3 major players missing, this does make a difference.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: Where did you get that from, I didn't even know who they were playing. But I will say that any time you have 3 major players missing, this does make a difference.

If you were watching the game how did you not know who they were playing? The jersey's say BULLDOGS in big red letters. I guess Im not saying that you said they gave the NKY Bulldogs the game, it just seemed that way when you said they were missing guys, and only won by a few points. IMO a few points is 2 or 3, and this win was by 9. Plus, you stated that they were missing guys, like this makes a huge difference. Every player on that team is well-known in the state and is a good player. The Bulldogs looked short-handed as well, but not sure. Sorry if that was a mis-assumption.

I agree.

Especially when one of those players is your force down low (Fant) and the other is your point guard. (Shanklin)

No disrespect to the Bulldogs as they beat the kids that DS put on the floor, but I doubt they win with DS having all their players. Didn't the Bulldogs get beat by them pretty bad earlier in the summer? Or was this the first time they've met?

DSAS V. NKY Bulldogs

DSAS

Gaines~2

Nickel~0

Sheldon~0

Stenzel~13

Abell~21

Knipp~19

Maschmeyer~0

Marks~2

Kates~7

Bulldogs

Flesch~10

Trammel~12

Hodges~2 (1st half injury DNR)

Allen~0

Montgomery~13

Barnett~5

Stauffer~21

Stewart~10

Good Game

I agree.

Especially when one of those players is your force down low (Fant) and the other is your point guard. (Shanklin)

No disrespect to the Bulldogs as they beat the kids that DS put on the floor, but I doubt they win with DS having all their players. Didn't the Bulldogs get beat by them pretty bad earlier in the summer? Or was this the first time they've met?

This was the first time they have ever played. And, you are correct, the NKY Bulldgos beat the team that DSAS put on the floor, and DSAS lost to the team that the NKY Bulldogs put on the floor.

I guess whenever you lose, you have to find a way to make a positive out of a negative and if your ways of doing that are to make excuses for who wasnt there, that's fine. The Bulldogs were missing players as well, but they found a way to win. Thats why you have a team of players, not 1 or 2 players.

I echo what another poster said, how many top 10's do you need to beat another team? And, does this mean that Stenzil, Abell, Marks, Gaines, Maschmeyer, Knipp, and Kates cant win without Shanklin and Fant. I think they would even dispute you on that. It's likely that they will go on to win tonight and in there bracket because they are that good, but they were just outplayed this morning.

We all play without big players at one point. It obviously makes a difference to the chemistry and talent of your team. However, if you enter a tournament with a certain set of players, then that is your team. The Ice could have used their 2 starting big men but that wasn't the team they had. They lost because they had fewer points and couldn't execute down the stretch, not because they were without Kiesling and Dunagan.

I don't think Golden was making an excuse for the loss but just stating that DSAS would be different without those 3 guys.

Ice in a must win at 6pm at Hoops tonight.

As TASH stated, no disrespect to anyone. But when your coach gets a call about 10 PM asking if they want to take a spot that just opened up, and scrambling to make arrangements with such things such as rides, which did not get done until after midnight, and with some players having to leave at 3 AM on short notice to get to a tourney, it could take a huge toll. Shaklin and Faunt could not make it in such short notice as well.

The DSAS 16's are just glad they were able to get into the tourney to where they are playing, even with such short notice. Good luck to both teams!

Its funny to me how people just cant wrap their heads around the fact that the DSAS lost a game. Much less to a team from NKY, that from what I know is made up of all kids that live close by, and arent pulled from all over the state. I guess thats what you get when a team is so well known and beloved because they represent so well. A congrats to the NKY Bulldogs is in order and that's all that needs to be said. Just like to any other team that wins a game. Surely the coaches dont use that as an excuse, or the players, and as fans we shouldn't either.

We all know about DSAS. They are a very good team and a great group of talent. They will bounce back just fine. And, it amazes me that people talk about them needing Fant and Shanklin. You can say "no disrespect to anyone," but what disrespect that is to the other great talent on that team.

Funny how saying "no disrespect, but..." always turns out to sound disrespectful.

On another note: DSAS plays Common Bond tonight at 8:30pm. I will be watching and hope that they represent the state of KY very well, as they always do, and I'm sure will do again tonight.

Did the Shining Stars 16U team with Schuette, Smith, Gilbert, Pawsett etc., etc., win this morning?

I saw they had a HUGE win yesterday, some 89-25. Wow.

I also noticed that Zeke Pike isnt playing with them. I like his game. Where is he this weekend?

They did win, by 8 or 10. I didn't see the game but heard they played pretty well.

Does anyone know where Team Kentucky is this weekend? Thought I would see them at Hoopfest.

They are getting ready for their west coast trip, they leave late tomorrow night. Should be a fun group to watch, 8 Jr's to be on the team.

Some of the tourneys last year out west had live video feed, we are also going to try and figure out how to upload video to the team website and try to get a couple of games up.

They are getting ready for their west coast trip, they leave late tomorrow night. Should be a fun group to watch, 8 Jr's to be on the team.

Some of the tourneys last year out west had live video feed, we are also going to try and figure out how to upload video to the team website and try to get a couple of games up.

A live video feed would be great. If you recieve anymore info on that, please share, I would like to tune in. I hope Team Kentucky does very well. Best of luck to them.

If you were watching the game how did you not know who they were playing? The jersey's say BULLDOGS in big red letters. I guess Im not saying that you said they gave the NKY Bulldogs the game, it just seemed that way when you said they were missing guys, and only won by a few points. IMO a few points is 2 or 3, and this win was by 9. Plus, you stated that they were missing guys, like this makes a huge difference. Every player on that team is well-known in the state and is a good player. The Bulldogs looked short-handed as well, but not sure. Sorry if that was a mis-assumption.

I wasn't at the game, I got a message and just relayed what I was given.

We all play without big players at one point. It obviously makes a difference to the chemistry and talent of your team. However, if you enter a tournament with a certain set of players, then that is your team. The Ice could have used their 2 starting big men but that wasn't the team they had. They lost because they had fewer points and couldn't execute down the stretch, not because they were without Kiesling and Dunagan.

I don't think Golden was making an excuse for the loss but just stating that DSAS would be different without those 3 guys.

Ice in a must win at 6pm at Hoops tonight.

Exactally, not excuses, just stating they were without 3 players.This was due to the fact that they were add to the tourney so late.

As TASH stated, no disrespect to anyone. But when your coach gets a call about 10 PM asking if they want to take a spot that just opened up, and scrambling to make arrangements with such things such as rides, which did not get done until after midnight, and with some players having to leave at 3 AM on short notice to get to a tourney, it could take a huge toll. Shaklin and Faunt could not make it in such short notice as well.

The DSAS 16's are just glad they were able to get into the tourney to where they are playing, even with such short notice. Good luck to both teams!

I was shocked when I found out that they had been added to the tourney. Yes it was very late notice, but the boys picked up and did the best they could do.

Its funny to me how people just cant wrap their heads around the fact that the DSAS lost a game. Much less to a team from NKY, that from what I know is made up of all kids that live close by, and arent pulled from all over the state. I guess thats what you get when a team is so well known and beloved because they represent so well. A congrats to the NKY Bulldogs is in order and that's all that needs to be said. Just like to any other team that wins a game. Surely the coaches dont use that as an excuse, or the players, and as fans we shouldn't either.

We all know about DSAS. They are a very good team and a great group of talent. They will bounce back just fine. And, it amazes me that people talk about them needing Fant and Shanklin. You can say "no disrespect to anyone," but what disrespect that is to the other great talent on that team.

Funny how saying "no disrespect, but..." always turns out to sound disrespectful.

On another note: DSAS plays Common Bond tonight at 8:30pm. I will be watching and hope that they represent the state of KY very well, as they always do, and I'm sure will do again tonight.

You are reading way too much into this. Being a NKY team had nothing to do with it....as I stated before I didn't even know who they played. I keep up with the DSAS because of Stenzel. Just like I keep up with Ind. Elite because of Zollo, and Team Ky because of Daniels and Whitten. Always support my GRC boys, whichever team they play for. :thumb:

A live video feed would be great. If you recieve anymore info on that, please share, I would like to tune in. I hope Team Kentucky does very well. Best of luck to them.

Good luck to all Kentucky teams the rest of July......

I did some searching and I found out that games will again have a live video feed, I will ask a mod about posting the link in another thread by Sunday.

Now back to Hoopfest.

Which teams looks to be the teams to beat in both the 17 and 16s?

Shining Stars McFarland won their pool and face Team Loyalty tomorrow. Flannery shot very well and finished the last pool game with 18 points.

Shining Stars Blue bounced back and won their 3rd game to finish 2-1 in their pool and will play in the Silver Bracket. Popp scored 14 in the last pool game, including 7 of the games' final 9 points to break a 55-55 tie and give his team a 64-55 victory. They play Shining Stars White at 9:15 tomorrow, who have Ryle's McLeash, CovCath's Trevor Wellbrock, and Villa Madonna's Blake Bryan.

Edited by wildcatfan