Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that the DSAS are not in this event, does anyone know if this is true? If so, how can they not be there?

True , I know the 16u team is not there. They have some players hurt and are trying to get them well, before they go to West Va in a big tourney there next week.

Word is that the DSAS are not in this event, does anyone know if this is true? If so, how can they not be there?

The DSAS were going to have their own tourney during the same time but it was canceled, they were put on the waiting list for this tourney, but did not make it in.

After traveling down to Louisvill from the Adidas It Takes 5ive tournament, I was stoked to watch the teams from Kentucky and Cincinnati.

The Shining Stars 16U was up really big in a game at Half Time against a team called Camp Daryl. The SS looked good in the first half, but since it was such a blowout, I left to watch other games. Scott Schuette was 3 of 4 from 3 point range while I was watching. This kid can really light it up. Jordan Gilbert also looked very solid, both shooting the ball and setting up his teammates. Kellen Smith had 2 or 3 nice looking passes from the break. The score was 39-10 at half time. I also saw a Treg Setty siting for the Shining Stars. Anyone know when they picked him up? I didnt see him with them in Cincinnati. Setty seems to have played with quite a few teams this summer. Anyone ever heard of this Camp Daryl team?

Also saw the 16U Common Bond v. NKY Bulldogs. Another very close game for both teams. Both showed pretty well in Cincinnati at the Take Five, and both seemed to enjoy playing each other in this HoopFest tournament. Common Bond won by 3 at the end, but the NKY Bulldogs had a 12 point lead in the first half. A couple missed free throws in the game, otherwise your local NKY Bulldogs would have pulled this one out. The refing looks great here in louisville compared to the offsites in Cincinnati. Tyler Hodges of Conner looked great in the game with 12 points, 6 or 7 blocks, and 7 or 8 rebounds. This kid just keeps getting better. Bobby Stauffer also had a great game with about 16 points and probably 6 or 7 boards.

16U CBiz v. Mission 2 Canada played in a good game. Got to see the end of this game and CBiz (ohio) pulled this game out by 7. Good game overall from what I could see and both teams were very competitive.

These were the games I saw early one. Had to leave to take care of some business. I'll be headed back tonight for more basketball watching and provide more updates later tonight.

Biggest reason is that when Eddie Ford had his own team, if a kid got a chance to play for Ds All Stars, they left.

Eddie has a long memory, and it has nothing to do with "helping kids".

The Shining Star Sports 15u team finished 2 and 0 in pool play this afternoon. They rolled the Alabama Heat and then won by one in overtime versus Club Ohio.

The Shining Star Sports-Pittman 16u team won 89-25 versus Camp Darryl. Kyle King had 16 points and Scott Schuette finished with 15 points. The Shining Star team finished with 15 three pointers for the game. They really shot the ball well.

How much are they charging for spectators?

$8.00 for adults, kids under 10 are a couple of bucks cheaper, no senior discount, $6.00 to park at the Expo Center and if you leave and return you pay $6.00 all over again. $5.00 for a lame program that I could have printed off the web site.

I felt like I got a real bargain after paying $15. admission at It Takes 5.

I also saw a Treg Setty siting for the Shining Stars. Anyone know when they picked him up? I didnt see him with them in Cincinnati. Setty seems to have played with quite a few teams this summer.

He just joined that team, he was "sitting" with the Nashville Celtics at the Adidas Takes 5 just a couple of days ago. He should have stayed with a team where he actually saw PT, you need PT and college coaches do not care what team you are one, as long as they see you play hard, that is all that matters. He has been with at least 4 teams so far this year.