Everything posted by Pinseeker
-
Moeller (OH) 8 Highlands 7
There has been a lot said about the talent on this Highlands team including the D1 commitments. However, there is one player that rarely receives the accolades he deserves. He plays wherever he is needed defensively and hits wherever he is needed in the lineup. He is a gamer and flat out gets the job done in every aspect of the game. The people around this program know how important Sammy Hennigan is.
-
History Of The NKY Jack Kaelin Freshman Regional Tournament
Jimmy Pangallo was 1981. Newcath also won in 1984 finishing with a 25-0 record.
-
Highlands 52 Holy Cross 44 (9th Region)
It baffles me why you continuously reference the first half of the season when talking about Highlands playing poorly. They did start out 11-2 with quality wins over Scott, Conner, Notre Dame and a last second loss to Sacred Heart. They also won the Conner Holiday Tourney.
-
Dixie/Newcath Updates
Walter, I usually appreciate your updates. However, you seem to have an axe to grind today. Don't be so bitter.
-
Newport Central Catholic 42 Owensboro Catholic 0
The change in the offensive system has enabled NCC's recent teams (last 10 years or so) to become the powerhouse that they are. In the mid 80's, they went to the state finals 3 consecutive years, winning one. Those were the days of the wishbone and they were winning on talent alone.
-
Best 9th Region Teams to never win the Title?
I believe the 86-87 Newcath team ended up 28-4, but lost to Highlands in the regional finals. Newcath was ranked #1 in the region and in the top 10 in the state all season. I don't think they lost to a 9th region team all year until the finals.
-
Holy Cross / Newport Central Catholic Predictions
I think this will be a shootout. NCC will run all over Holy Cross, but I don't think NCC's pass defense is up to par. NCC wins 35-28.
-
Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest
How much are they charging for spectators?
-
Adidas It Takes 5ive
In their second game, they were down by 18 with 5:00 left and came back to win. It was like they all of a sudden turned on the switch. It was awesome to watch.
-
Adidas It Takes 5ive
$15.00 for adults. $10.00 for 12 and under.
-
9th Region Finals: Holmes v Boone Predictions (3/10)
So is Gabbard.
-
Boone County vs Highlands
I agree completely. The game played between these two teams at Highlands was very physical because the refs allowed it to be. The physical play certainly seemed to favor HHS. IMO the way fouls are called in this game will go a long way in deciding the outcome.
-
Newport Central Catholic 43 Dixie 41
Final
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 9th Region Contest
I pick Holmes.
-
Boone County 45 Holmes 38
- Holmes 77 Highlands 68
To quote possibly the best coach ever in the 9th region: "February wins are a fools gold".- Holmes 67 Scott 66 (OT)
As I recall back in '87, NewCath was unbeaten in Northern Ky and ranked in the top 10 in the state all year. Then lost to Highlands in the Regional final and ended up 28-4.- Newport vs NCC Final?
NewCath by about 7. - Holmes 77 Highlands 68