Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest

Glad to hear that SS performed well. I am all about any team from KY making some noise in these national tournaments. I had the opportunity to watch some of their games and Gilbert, Smith, and Schuette were performing pretty well from what I could see.

One of the Shining Stars programs I watched got beat pretty good, but Im not sure who was on this team. They took like a 20 something point loss.

I have heard of this Team Takeover and from what I understand they have a couple of players that have recieved D1 offers. They also won that tournaments Gold bracket if I understand that correctly. So, a loss to them isnt the worst thing that could happen.

The one individual that doesn't get much talk is Kyle King. He had a fantastic tournament in Louisville. Very strong guard that gets to the rim and finishes as good as anyone on the roster. Kyle really had a very solid July.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one individual that doesn't get much talk is Kyle King. He had a fantastic tournament in Louisville. Very strong guard that gets to the rim and finishes as good as anyone on the roster. Kyle really had a very solid July.

I did see that a King had a nice game against a team called Camp Daryll. If that was Kyle, I cant be sure. He and his brother are tough to tell apart for a spectator. I didnt see him get a whole lot of PT in other games that I watched. But, that might just be because I was watching at the wrong times. There were so many games to watch and walk around too. King is a nice player. Will he be playing with anyone else the rest of the summer?

I did see that a King had a nice game against a team called Camp Daryll. If that was Kyle, I cant be sure. He and his brother are tough to tell apart for a spectator. I didnt see him get a whole lot of PT in other games that I watched. But, that might just be because I was watching at the wrong times. There were so many games to watch and walk around too. King is a nice player. Will he be playing with anyone else the rest of the summer?

Kyle is a starter with this team and plays a high number of minutes. He has had a fantastic summer. He has improved his defense to the point that I would consider him somewhat of a stopper. He can guard big and small. Kyle is one of the better guards in his class. He is a strong young man who has the ability to get to the basket on about anyone, very good free throw shooter and a decent three point shot. He can score points in bunches.

I feel that this team has 4 of the better guards in their class. Jordan Gilbert, Kellen Smith, Scott Schuette and Kyle King. All four of these guards play at a very high level.

As Kyles jump shot continues to improve he will become an even better player.

Kyle is a starter with this team and plays a high number of minutes. He has had a fantastic summer. He has improved his defense to the point that I would consider him somewhat of a stopper. He can guard big and small. Kyle is one of the better guards in his class. He is a strong young man who has the ability to get to the basket on about anyone, very good free throw shooter and a decent three point shot. He can score points in bunches.

I feel that this team has 4 of the better guards in their class. Jordan Gilbert, Kellen Smith, Scott Schuette and Kyle King. All four of these guards play at a very high level.

As Kyles jump shot continues to improve he will become an even better player.

Has Kyle King been starting for that team all year? I just don't recall that in the games I have seen of the SS 16's. King sounds like another kid from Northern Kentucky in Jake Flesch of Conner. This kid can score when he feels the need (he does hesitate at times though), very good free throw shooter, good penetrator and has the ability to adjust his shot around the rim, and also defends very well.

I agree that these SS 16's have very good guards in Gilbert, Schuette, Smith and what I have seen of King. They also seem to represent pretty well. Good for them.

He does do a good job. A really good job of covering the kids that he does cover. I also enjoy reading his blog becase I like to know about all the local kids and I hope they all achieve high success. I know that Jody Demling does a lot for many different kids in regards to publicity and getting their names out there. I just think that sometimes he focuses a tad to much on guys that are being talked about nationally. He seems to focus on the exact same kids in each blog. There are other kids out there that are making noise. I dont mean to sound like a Demling-hater by any means. It just seems that if you are going to mention a kid, you should follow up on them, thats all.

Jody Demling works hard at his job and in my opinion does a great job. I never miss reading his blogs every day.He's fair and mentions a lot of kids that deserve it.Great job, Jody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that Charlotte Court deserves some respect and attention. There kids are always competitive and they look for situations to help them out when they are not playing. Three or four of their ballers are going to Vegas with other programs. There 16U team won the silver division at the Addias Take 5, and the 15U team won the Championship at the Mississippi Summer Jam this past week in Jackson, MS. The staff/coaches for the CC do an outstanding job and they are definitely in it for the right reason.

I think that Charlotte Court deserves some respect and attention. There kids are always competitive and they look for situations to help them out when they are not playing. Three or four of their ballers are going to Vegas with other programs. There 16U team won the silver division at the Addias Take 5, and the 15U team won the Championship at the Mississippi Summer Jam this past week in Jackson, MS. The staff/coaches for the CC do an outstanding job and they are definitely in it for the right reason.

The Charlotte Court definitely deserve some respect. I dont know the 16's coach personally, but he seems to conduct himself in a respectful manner on the court and with those kids on his team. Barkesdale is an absolute stud and he seems to be a good kid as well. They also have beat some really good and respectable teams, namely the Shining Stars 16's which are loaded with talent. I believe they also beat the NKY Bulldogs in the beginning of the summer by 1 or 2 points. I would have to definitely agree that this program deserves some credit and respect. I hope to get to see them play a few more times this summer.

Charlotte Court is one of the top teams in Kentucky. Here is how I would rank the Kentucky programs. Help me out because I know I am missing someone.

17u Teams

1. Shining Star Sports-McFarland

2. Central Kentucky Storm

3. Derek Smith

4. Kentucky Players

5. Charlotte Court

16u Teams

1. Derek Smith

2. Shining Star Sports-Pittman

3. Charlotte Court

4. Lexington Ice

5. Hoyas Elite

15u Teams

1. Derek Smith

2. Hoop Dreams

3. Truth

4. Shining Star Sports-Pittman

5. Charlotte Court

Thoughts?

Charlotte Court is one of the top teams in Kentucky. Here is how I would rank the Kentucky programs. Help me out because I know I am missing someone.

17u Teams

3. Derek Smith

4. Kentucky Players

5. Charlotte Court

16u Teams

1. Derek Smith

3. Charlotte Court

4. Lexington Ice

5. Hoyas Elite

15u Teams

1. Derek Smith

2. Hoop Dreams

3. Truth

5. Charlotte Court

Thoughts?

You have to include the NKY Bulldogs in the U16. They lost a close 1 point game to Charlotte Court after leading most of the game. They beat the DSAS by 7. They did take a nasty one on the chin from Shining Stars Pittman, but also took the WKY Elite (3rd in state) to overtime in Lexington. They have not played the ICE or Hoyas, but I feel they are definately top five.

17u Teams

3. Derek Smith

4. Kentucky Players

5. Charlotte Court

16u Teams

1. Derek Smith

3. Charlotte Court

4. Lexington Ice

5. Hoyas Elite

15u Teams

1. Derek Smith

2. Hoop Dreams

3. Truth

5. Charlotte Court

Thoughts?

Are you ranking the programs in general or the teams as individuals?

17u Teams

3. Derek Smith

4. Kentucky Players

5. Charlotte Court

16u Teams

1. Derek Smith

3. Charlotte Court

4. Lexington Ice

5. Hoyas Elite

15u Teams

1. Derek Smith

2. Hoop Dreams

3. Truth

5. Charlotte Court

Thoughts?

I agree with some of what you have. Shining Stars-McFarland is the best in the 17's in KY i think (Sewell, Gabbard, Jackson, Flannery, etc). Derek Smith and the KY Players also belong in the top 5 IMO.

I also like the 5 teams that you have for the 16's, but I also dont think that you can leave out the NKY Bulldogs. I think I would take out the Hoyas Elite, which is a really good team and put them at 6th and give the 5th spot to the Bulldogs. I think you could also interchange 3,4,5 between the Charlotte Court, Lex Ice, and NKY Bulldogs. This of course if we are talking about this current summer. I understand some of these teams have been around for a longer period of time. I will give DSAS the top seed and SS the 2nd seed because of the tournaments they have won and placed in. But I dont think you can discount the other 3 in anyway. All are very good team and are loaded with talent.

The 15's I would put the shining stars over The Truth personally. I think SS 15's is loaded with good young talent.

My take.

You have to include the NKY Bulldogs in the U16. They lost a close 1 point game to Charlotte Court after leading most of the game. They beat the DSAS by 7. They did take a nasty one on the chin from Shining Stars Pittman, but also took the WKY Elite (3rd in state) to overtime in Lexington. They have not played the ICE or Hoyas, but I feel they are definately top five.

Actually, I believe the NKY Bulldogs beat DSAS by 9. I saw the game. They were really good as well.

17u Teams

3. Derek Smith

4. Kentucky Players

5. Charlotte Court

16u Teams

1. Derek Smith

3. Charlotte Court

4. Lexington Ice

5. Hoyas Elite

15u Teams

1. Derek Smith

2. Hoop Dreams

3. Truth

5. Charlotte Court

Thoughts?

17U you are missing a very good Team Loyalty and Kentucky Gators who would be in the top 4 or 5, ahead of Charlotte Court.

My updated rankings, I knew I would miss some:

17u Teams

3. Derek Smith

4. Kentucky Players

5. Kentucky Gators

16u Teams

1. Derek Smith

3. Charlotte Court

4. Lexington Ice