Top 10 Players In The 10th Region Next Year?

Mr. Fraysure, Thanks for your request, but I will refrain this time. Facts are facts... If you can play, you can play, it doesn't matter where you go to school or how much playing time you would get if you went to a larger school. We all have our biased opinions and thats not ever going to change!

I will say this... Jonathan Fraysure will have a very accurate top 10 list when its time and the reason why he does such a great job is because he does include players from all schools and not just one or two schools.

Nice job Fray!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rash from Montgomery was ranked 7th or 8th last year so yes, I bashed that list. No apologies. Too much credit given to small school players that wouldn't get nearly as much playing time if they were at Mason or GRC.

My list:

1. Stenzel - GRC

2. Zollo - GRC

3. Setty - Mason

4. Pawsat - Mason

5. Reiger - Brossart

6. Crisp - Montgomery

7. Mason - St. Pat

8. Rogers - GRC

9. Barner - Mason

10. Purvis - GRC

Honorable Mention -

K. King - Deming

Daniels - GRC

Hamilton - Bracken

Smith - Scott

O'Conner - Scott

Campbell - Nicholas

Gilbert - Mason

Any more info if he is coming back to Mason Co this year. He is not at the games Mason is playing in today at Morehead.

Manship from Montgomery Co, I was told, is playing with the Mason Co team today. There were rumors at the end of the season that he would be transfering to Mason Co....must be true.

Any more info if he is coming back to Mason Co this year. He is not at the games Mason is playing in today at Morehead.

Manship from Montgomery Co, I was told, is playing with the Mason Co team today. There were rumors at the end of the season that he would be transfering to Mason Co....must be true.

Manship is now a Royal yes.

Rash from Montgomery was ranked 7th or 8th last year so yes, I bashed that list. No apologies. Too much credit given to small school players that wouldn't get nearly as much playing time if they were at Mason or GRC.

My list:

1. Stenzel - GRC

2. Zollo - GRC

3. Setty - Mason

4. Pawsat - Mason

5. Reiger - Brossart

6. Crisp - Montgomery

7. Mason - St. Pat

8. Rogers - GRC

9. Barner - Mason

10. Purvis - GRC

Honorable Mention -

K. King - Deming

Daniels - GRC

Hamilton - Bracken

Smith - Scott

O'Conner - Scott

Campbell - Nicholas

Gilbert - Mason

This is a good list but I think Kyle King and Kyle Campbell have to be in the top 10. I understand the reluctancy to put Campbell and King in there, due to the quality of team Nicholas County and Deming have. And there's no doubt that they get more than their fair share of shots playing at their respective schools.. I still feel as though if you put either of them on a team like Mason County or GRC they'd still be top 10 players though.

My list:

1. Stenzel - GRC

2. Zollo - GRC

3. Setty - Mason

4. Pawsat - Mason

5. Reiger - Brossart

6. Crisp - Montgomery

7. Mason - St. Pat

8. Rogers - GRC

9. Barner - Mason

10. Purvis - GRC

Honorable Mention -

K. King - Deming

Daniels - GRC

Hamilton - Bracken

Smith - Scott

O'Conner - Scott

Campbell - Nicholas

Gilbert - Mason

Agreed Gold this has been the best list so far. I will also side with Gold, IF Clark was healthy Regional Final time, than I feel like they would have had a better chance at winning the region. It did not happen, what happened...happened. I do feel like the best team won that day and represented the 10th with class and I am a graduated at GRC. Mason had a lot of talent and Clark was short-handed, but we can't take away what happened. Should make for a interesting 10th Region again this year!:thumb:

Agreed Gold this has been the best list so far. I will also side with Gold, IF Clark was healthy Regional Final time, than I feel like they would have had a better chance at winning the region. It did not happen, what happened...happened. I do feel like the best team won that day and represented the 10th with class and I am a graduated at GRC. Mason had a lot of talent and Clark was short-handed, but we can't take away what happened. Should make for a interesting 10th Region again this year!:thumb:

Glad to have you here on BGP Officer Farva.:thumb: I agree, Mason was the best team that night. They were all healthy and GRC was not. Hard to win under those condititons. Look at Scott Co this year with Richie Phares injury, many picked them to win the state. Remember a couple of years ago when Russell was supposed to win the 16th and Vanhoose tore his ACL in post season...Russell lost. Injuries is part of the game, I hope NO team has to go through all the injuries that GRC suffered last year.

Will be interesting to come back to this thread at the end of the season and compare the lists of the "Top ten players in the 10th" posted now.

Smith is a nice player but he is only 3rd best pg in district. Jordan Armstrong from Brossart is a better player at this point than Jordan Smith.

There is no way Jordan Armstrong is better than Jordan Smith. Were you at the district final game? Campbell did lose but there two junior starters stepped up big. Smith had 13 and Jolly had 17 I believe. Smith blew passed Armstrong anytime he wanted. Jordan Smith and Brady Jolly will surprise alot of people this upcoming season. By the middle of next season you will be giving Smith and Jolly a little more credit.

Not to take anything away from any student athlete, but were you at the same semi final game I was. Jordan Armstrong went to the free throw line with under 35 seconds left in the biggest game of the year and calmly went 8 for 8 and was a big reason why BBHS beat the Camels. Determination, perseverence, and competitiveness, that is what sets him apart from most. All of these student atheletes bring something to the basketball court. The season is a little while off yet.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Not to take anything away from any student athlete, but were you at the same semi final game I was. Jordan Armstrong went to the free throw line with under 35 seconds left in the biggest game of the year and calmly went 8 for 8 and was a big reason why BBHS beat the Camels. Determination, perseverence, and competitiveness, that is what sets him apart from most. All of these student atheletes bring something to the basketball court. The season is a little while off yet.

I was at the game, Brossart did win the game, but the Camels 3 starting seniors combined for 12 points i believe and Smith had 13 and Jolly had 17. They both stepped up big, and if the game would of went the other way, people on here might have different opinions about who is better Armstrong or Smith.

This is a good list but I think Kyle King and Kyle Campbell have to be in the top 10. I understand the reluctancy to put Campbell and King in there, due to the quality of team Nicholas County and Deming have. And there's no doubt that they get more than their fair share of shots playing at their respective schools.. I still feel as though if you put either of them on a team like Mason County or GRC they'd still be top 10 players though.

I'd have to agree with you here I've watched these kids play since they were young and both are Top 10 worthy. Campbell can shoot the lights out on any given night while at the same time grabbing 10 rebounds. He's a tough kid and with his work ethic I believe he will achieve great things.

I don't know... He'll get killed on here if he doesn't have GRC's starting five ranked 1-5.

He got killed on here last season when he picked the Royals to win the region,over GRC.And that worked out pretty good for him in the end.:thumb: