Backdraft vs. Ladder 49?

MJAlltheWay24

Which is the better movie?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better movie?

• Backdraft
    • Ladder 49

Why do feel like they are both crap?

Poor plot, bad acting, or etc? Just wondering your reasoning.

This is more specifically about Backdraft because I have seen it more times and more recently. The script is pretty predictable/poorly written, the plot isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, and the acting didn't do much for me either.. But the special effects and fire scenes are really good. Though...that's about all there is for me.

This is more specifically about Backdraft because I have seen it more times and more recently. The script is pretty predictable/poorly written, the plot isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, and the acting didn't do much for me either.. But the special effects and fire scenes are really good. Though...that's about all there is for me.

That's cool, I was just wondering. I thought Kurt Russell did a pretty good job with his acting, but the others including William Baldwin weren't that great.

The special effects were pretty solid.

The special effects in both movies were good. I guess for me, Ladder 49 was more believable. I mean, in Backdraft, most of the firefighter's were running around with only half of their gear on, no SCBA whatsoever. The scene where Baldwin grabs the flailing line out of the air to attack the fire makes me laugh every time. There is no way, if an inch and a half line is flying around like that, that one person could just grab it and attack a fire. Especially a fire in a chemical wharehouse, where the fumes and smoke would kill you in a matter of minutes.

Just finished watching Backdraft and I really thought it was good. I really enjoy movies like this and Ladder 49 of course. I am glad that I have now added it to my collection.

I thought Kurt Russell did a great job with this one.

My vote went to Backdraft now that I am seen them both, and I fee a little foolish for even making the thread.

You're a good man. It's a very solid movie.

The special effects in both movies were good. I guess for me, Ladder 49 was more believable. I mean, in Backdraft, most of the firefighter's were running around with only half of their gear on, no SCBA whatsoever. The scene where Baldwin grabs the flailing line out of the air to attack the fire makes me laugh every time. There is no way, if an inch and a half line is flying around like that, that one person could just grab it and attack a fire. Especially a fire in a chemical wharehouse, where the fumes and smoke would kill you in a matter of minutes.

Yeah, I'm amazed that Kurt Russell still has ears. Never once did I see a hood on in that movie.